Most Overseeded or Underseeded Teams | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Most Overseeded or Underseeded Teams

Reaction Score
Iowa at 5.

Typical Iowa teams aren’t built for March, but this isn’t a typical Iowa team. They are as offensively efficient as always, but they have a grittiness I’m not used to. I’m a big Murray fan and their backcourt and f Bohannon/Tossaint is so steady.

I have them going to the Elite 8 in my bracket.

Reaction Score
Thank you. I dont want to hear this crap out of a fanbase that drew less than Nova at BET.

All that post meant is that Duke has better fans than us.
I see the point, Dook certainly benefits from a more regional alumni base (vs say UConn or UNC) and has built a brand as a perennial good team like other 'national' teams, Cowboys, Notre Dame, Yankees.

Respectfully though this is somewhat a self-fulfilling prophecy of espn love and the favorable national spin that results. It is similar to how they have so many McD's AA yet don't produce the requisite # of pros = perpetually reap various benefits from favorable coverage/ratings:
Per link below Dook's played in NC or SC 15 times since 1997 and there are more if count add'l rounds in NC. Try to remember how favorable it was for UConn when we returned to MSG during the 2014 run or Hartford way back in 1990 which was absolute craziness (no way was UConn losing in Htfd), Dook gets a break like that more often than any one else. By comparison, UConn men haven't played an NCAA game in CT since 1990. Maybe once every 10 years the Huskies get a MSG or MA (never RI as I recall) game - Dook again more often than not.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Wisconsin's NET is 24 but they are a 3 seed. LSU as a 6 and Colorado State as a 6 and Bama as 6. No wonder people are picking a ton of 11/6 upsets. Wyoming in at all.

Underseeds start and end with Tennessee.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Wisconsin's NET is 24 but they are a 3 seed. LSU as a 6 and Colorado State as a 6 and Bama as 6. No wonder people are picking a ton of 11/6 upsets. Wyoming in at all.

Underseeds start and end with Tennessee.
No doubt UT is criminally underseeded based on their NET / Kenpom / fact that they just won the SEC…

This could be because I’ve been burned too many times betting on them in the past (to be fair, that’s how I felt about Baylor before last year) but my gut is telling me Tennessee doesn’t make it out of the first weekend.

Living in Nashville I catch a good amount of their games. Their offense is prone to going really cold at times… kind of like ours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom