Most Overseeded or Underseeded Teams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Most Overseeded or Underseeded Teams

Reaction Score
We complain about who got in and seedings every year but this one was as bad a job as the committee has ever done. Feels like the decisions were made before the tournament and the tweaks were only for surprise auto bids by teams who won their tournaments

Reaction Score
I don't think the ACC regular season champion would have deserved a 2 Seed if they'd beaten VT. What's the case other than "Duke"?

Besides winning their very mediocre conference, they beat Kentucky & Gonzaga on neutral courts and lost at Ohio State (all in November), and played no other ranked teams.

LOL. In your words, "they beat Kentucky and Gonzaga on neutral courts ...." Can I make a case for Tennessee over them for the last 2? Absolutely. But let's not pretend this was some off the wall decision, when they have neutral court wins over the #1 and #5 teams overall per the Committee.

Reaction Score
They gave Tennessee's 2 seed to Duke...lucky for us if we get to Regional Final, glad TN not in our region.
Agreed. Found this graphic online which compares their two resumes. Don’t know how they could justify Duke as a 2 over Tennessee.

Attachments

• 05756901-0E07-4EB6-A816-2F2082B3AF38.jpeg
    05756901-0E07-4EB6-A816-2F2082B3AF38.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 133
Reaction Score
the 2 seed in the west playing a california school in north carolina is the obvious overseed, of course.

Reaction Score
Michigan should not be there period. I mean not only in with that crap record but not even mentioned as “last four in.”? 17-14 is not earning a spot but because the B10 was once again overrated they’re in. Good thing their sucker punching coach cane back for the B10 tourney to get their butts kicked.

Just happy the 18-15 Sooners didn’t get in too. I can’t believe they were even mentioned as “last 4 out”,lol.
Every year the Big 10 gets over rated and every year they disappoint. This year will be no different. Michigan getting in is criminal, but since their coach is one I guess it makes sense.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
LOL. In your words, "they beat Kentucky and Gonzaga on neutral courts ...." Can I make a case for Tennessee over them for the last 2? Absolutely. But let's not pretend this was some off the wall decision, when they have neutral court wins over the #1 and #5 teams overall per the Committee.
Sorry that by being fair & honest in noting "neutral court" my emphasis wasn't "November."

I wasn't impressed by their play or opponents. Happy to provide your laugh.

Reaction Score
We complain about who got in and seedings every year but this one was as bad a job as the committee has ever done. Feels like the decisions were made before the tournament and the tweaks were only for surprise auto bids by teams who won their tournaments
I have long suspected that the Committee basically phones it in on Sunday and the conferences that hold their championship games on Sunday are doing their teams no favors in seeding.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Found this graphic online which compares their two resumes. Don’t know how they could justify Duke as a 2 over Tennessee.
C'mon.
1. Dook gets minimum of 1 (NC or SC), often 2 (NJ, NC, ATL) homecourt advantages every year to ensure they make the sweet 16 or even final four.
2. It is truly amazing given the crazy Cameron advantage and favorable whistle that Dook lost both its last home game and the ACC title game.
3. Regardless see #1, surprised K didn't push for an honorary 1 seed as a lifetime achievement recognition.

Hopefully this is the final year of this crap as the most self-serving willing to leverage or shame others despite always getting favorable coverage, treatment, perks, literally favorable everything team/coach in the history of the game finally goes bye-bye.

Reaction Score
1. Dook gets minimum of 1 (NC or SC), often 2 (NJ, NC, ATL) homecourt advantages every year to ensure they make the sweet 16 or even final four.
If all those places are home court advantages then it tells you more about their alumni and fan base and there's essentially nowhere fair to put them.

It's almost the same distance and drive from Durham to Atlanta as it is from Storrs to Buffalo or DC.

Duke is fun to hate, but people get absurd with their criticism. All the top seeds play near home. Duke isn't even playing in their same state. Just because Carolina is in both, doesn't mean the fans are the same.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If all those places are home court advantages then it tells you more about their alumni and fan base and there's essentially nowhere fair to put them.

It's almost the same distance and drive from Durham to Atlanta as it is from Storrs to Buffalo or DC.

Duke is fun to hate, but people get absurd with their criticism. All the top seeds play near home. Duke isn't even playing in their same state. Just because Carolina is in both, doesn't mean the fans are the same.

Thank you. I dont want to hear this crap out of a fanbase that drew less than Nova at BET.

All that post meant is that Duke has better fans than us.

Reaction Score
How does a rice cake get stale?
Aren't they pre-staled?
One important mechanism in staling is the migration of moisture from the starch granules into the interstitial spaces, degelatinizing the starch. The starch amylose and amylopectin molecules realign themselves causing recrystallisation.

Reaction Score
Remember that time Jalen Adan’s made an 80 foot shot while your guys were all standing around 1/2 court celebrating?

Good times.
We were there….. barely…. Got a flat tire on the way there, was driving by the Amway center and heard the score 5 minutes into the second half ( down by 12) , turned to my son and asked if he wanted to go to sea world instead ( we have season tickets) he said we can go tomorrow if they lose. ( I had just had major reconstructive hand surgery and wasn’t supposed to be driving and couldn’t take the pain meds till we checked in somewhere… lotta pain, ) So we went to the game (one of the best decisions I’ve ever made ) saw the shot and the 4 overtimes and then they won the next 2 games and the championship and we came home with a lifetime worth of UConn memories. Oh and we never made it to Sea World that weekend.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
heres the actual data if anyone was curious…
I had Creighton among the most under-seeded and they have it as most overseeded. I don't know who creates this data.

Reaction Score
I’ll give you a major unseeded. St. John’s. Shoulda got in the NIT. Played us and Nova to the wire and lost many close games to quality teams.

Reaction Score
Underseeded: South Dakota st, va tech, Tennessee, ucla, Iowa, ucla, Houston

Overseeded: Colorado St, Murray st, Arkansas, Miami, Wisconsin, providence, usc

Reaction Score
I had Creighton among the most under-seeded and they have it as most overseeded. I don't know who creates this data.
The numbers vs the late season eye test are a big contrast for Creighton. Regardless they're a team you might not want to face in the first 2 rounds.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Its from the Matt Eisenberg tournament guide (@matteise on Twitter) and believe it’s based heavily on Kenpom data.

Edit: looks like it uses a blend of 6 different ranking systems. So I’d assume that means NET, BPI, Kenpom, etc..

P.S. anyone who’s betting or doing brackets should download his guide. It’s epic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom