Most Overseeded or Underseeded Teams | The Boneyard

Most Overseeded or Underseeded Teams

Reaction Score
I didn't really investigate but Alabama looks way overseeded for their resume. What else is out there?

Reaction Score
I would argue both Michigan and Indiana from the Big Ten have no business being in the tournament (most over-seeded). Indiana had a below .500 Big Ten record and was 3-7 vs ranked teams. Michigan finished 17-14 overall and were 2-7 vs ranked teams.

Reaction Score
I would argue both Michigan and Indiana from the Big Ten have no business being in the tournament (most over-seeded). Indiana had a below .500 Big Ten record and was 3-7 vs ranked teams. Michigan finished 17-14 overall and were 2-7 vs ranked teams.
Very true committee overrates the big 10 again after losing to the big east (6-2 in favor of BE without UConn participating) this year and having a horrible tournament last season.

Although the usual team that everyone perceived to be over seeded (Michigan) usually go on to make a run in the tourney so I wouldn’t be shocked if Michigan or Indiana made a run

Reaction Score
How did that league get 9 teams? I would suggest no league should ever get 9 teams. Makes zero sense.

Reaction Score
I felt the same. But then I thought of the possibility of facing either of those teams first round and I didn't like it. If we landed Indiana we'd be crapping bricks.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
If we are taking about teams that don’t deserve a bid…
I know I’m living in fantasy land saying this but any team with recent allegations shouldn’t get a bid. Avoid the whole vacated * wins process.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I get the ACC is way down, but V Tech as an 11 seed feels just slightly disrespectful after winning the conference tournament. Lol.
But if I'm Tech, I wouldn't complain too much. Always would rather be an 11 seed than an 8, 9 or 10.

Reaction Score
Was surprised that Miami was a 10 seed. Their personnel is way above a 10 seed. I know there were some bad losses but.

Reaction Score
For the life of me i dont understand why Michigan is in. Well, i know why but they absolutely do not belong in thsi tourney. Maybe the committee was afraid Juwan may show up at their doorsteps with baby powder.

Reaction Score
Thought Houston coulda been higher than a 5 MAYBE, I know Baylor rather be a 2 coming outta San Antonio than being a 1 in the east as playin nova by Philly, Gonzaga was the overall 1 but I think they got a tough bracket with us amongst other teams

Reaction Score
Tennessee underseeded as a 3 for sure. They just won the SEC tourney and have won 15 of their last 17 games. Some people had them as an outside shot at a 1 seed. I thought for sure they should be a 2.
Was going to say this.

Tennessee and Nova both got shafted having to play each other in the Sweet 16.

That's a legit Final Four caliber matchup.

Reaction Score
I get the ACC is way down, but V Tech as an 11 seed feels just slightly disrespectful after winning the conference tournament. Lol.
But if I'm Tech, I wouldn't complain too much. Always would rather be an 11 seed than an 8, 9 or 10.
I was laughing hysterically when I saw that. That's how you'd expect them to seed an upset winner in the American, but the freaking ACC? Pretty pathetic.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I don't think the ACC regular season champion would have deserved a 2 Seed if they'd beaten VT. What's the case other than "Duke"?

Besides winning their very mediocre conference, they beat Kentucky & Gonzaga on neutral courts and lost at Ohio State (all in November), and played no other ranked teams.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
xavier is overseeded imo. don't think they deserved a 2 seed.

edit: i was looking at the nit bracket, sorry.
That was drier than a stale rice cake. Well done.

Reaction Score
Texas A @ M should've been invited way over Indiana. Thats a team that got heavily underseeded and unfairly uninvited.

Reaction Score
Alabama @ 6, Michigan @ 11, Duke @ 2....

All 3 severely overseeded. Duke at best was a 3 seed

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It felt that Zags, Arizona, Kansas all made sense as 1s and no one else wanted that last 1 seed. Baylor by default I guess.

Tennessee should have gotten a 2, and based on resume I'd say Villanova or Duke should have been a 3. Once again, though, Kentucky & Auburn & Tennessee seemed clear 2s and that last didn't seem clear. I'd have given it to Nova who (in a balanced regular season) would have won the regular season and tournament in a better conference than Duke, who has two blow outs in their last week.

Reaction Score
Michigan should not be there period. I mean not only in with that crap record but not even mentioned as “last four in.”? 17-14 is not earning a spot but because the B10 was once again overrated they’re in. Good thing their sucker punching coach cane back for the B10 tourney to get their butts kicked.

Just happy the 18-15 Sooners didn’t get in too. I can’t believe they were even mentioned as “last 4 out”,lol.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree with everyone on Tennessee. I think Creighton is under-seeded as a 9. Quite a bit actually. Vermont is perpetually under-seeded. They should be more like a 10. Unfortunately they also get a brutal matchup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom