Most hated coaching decisions in sports? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Most hated coaching decisions in sports?

Reaction Score
Can't prove it....but telling your players when the ball is loose, and there is a player with his arms extended on the ground, be sure to come down on those arms with all your weight usung your butt and make it look like you are going for the ball.

Reaction Score
Dom Perno, and I don't hate the man but his waiting until it was too late to call a timeout was mind boggling!
There were games he would let a double digit lead go away and go down a few before realizing he had a tool to stop the opponents momentum.
Quite different than JC who would call time out in a heartbeat if he didn't like what he saw. That has not changed as he called a timeout 47 seconds into his first game at St Joe's. That to sit his best player.

Reaction Score
For me, not fouling with like 5-6 seconds left in college basketball games up 3 points and NFL coaches going for 2 points early in games.

I've also always hated the 2 fouls and you sit for the rest of the half rule some coaches employ no matter the time and score. It worked out for Calhoun when they won by the skin of their teeth but I hated it at the time and still do. Calhoun is my favorite all-time coach in any sport but he was a proponent of 2 of my most hated coaching moves in sports
Fouling is a must when it’s a 3 point game- some coaches are still not doing it- it’s a no brainer- the other ones you mentioned I see both sides.

Reaction Score
In general, I don't like teams running the shot clock down with 8+minutes left in the game. Ollie did this a few times when they had decent leads.

Aside from the Lynch call, I did not like Geno (as great as he is) giving the ball to Saniya Chong to win a Final Four game when she had never been put in that position before. Chong stepped up that year and was big, but not who I want with the ball on that team in that situation.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
When John Chaney sent in that linebacker to commit a hard foul and he broke the kids arm. “Send in the goon!”

Reaction Score
Marty Morningweg choosing to kick off in OT after winning the coin toss. Bears march right down the field to win the game vs Detroit...Genius.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom