Mora on Offense: We have a longs ways to go and a lot of work to do but… | The Boneyard

Mora on Offense: We have a longs ways to go and a lot of work to do but…

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Welp. Guess we're running it back with Charlton again.
Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

Reaction Score
Welp. Guess we're running it back with Charlton again.
Exactly how I took this. Seems like this tweet is a ringing endorsement for Charlton, all to our dismay. But looking back on the last 15 years of UConn football, I would probably rank Charlton as our 3rd best OC behind Lashlee (who was probably too good for our own good since it put the defense on the field too fast), and Joe Moorehead. Here is where I rank them:

Joe Moorehead
Rhett Lashlee (I think he was majorly limited by personnel)
Nick Charlton
John Dunne (his entire offense was give ball to Pindell)
Frank Verducci
George De Leone
Frank Giufre

Reaction Score
The tweet started off with running game and tight ends. We just had a stud running back that weighs 225 from UTEP on campus and we had a pretty decent TE from San Jose on campus. I imagine the tweet may have been somewhat to try and get them interested in coming here by pointing out our strengths there and the fact that we are making progress. He is selling our offense to recruits, not attempting to tell the boneyard how it is going.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Are we ever gonna see competitive football again?this independent BS is for the birds, no offensive growth will fix it

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Exactly how I took this. Seems like this tweet is a ringing endorsement for Charlton, all to our dismay. But looking back on the last 15 years of UConn football, I would probably rank Charlton as our 3rd best OC behind Lashlee (who was probably too good for our own good since it put the defense on the field too fast), and Joe Moorehead. Here is where I rank them:

Joe Moorehead
Rhett Lashlee (I think he was majorly limited by personnel)
Nick Charlton
John Dunne (his entire offense was give ball to Pindell)
Frank Verducci
George De Leone
Frank Giufre
Gotta put TJ Weist higher than Charlton. If Corcoran hadn't been forced to retire, he'd have a solid offense.

Reaction Score
Id Like to see what we can do with skill players before hating on OC. We’ve never played with QB 1, RB 1-2, or WR 1-3. We’ve had a true frosh and recovering qb, found local diamonds at rb who could not pass portal guys on depth chart, and not the wideouts we wanted. We’ve not had a qb who was a downfield threat, period. We can blame them for bringing in or failing to retain guys, but I’m not as convinced the OC is the problem some make him out to be. Not yet.

Reaction Score
Id Like to see what we can do with skill players before hating on OC. We’ve never played with QB 1, RB 1-2, or WR 1-3. We’ve had a true frosh and recovering qb, found local diamonds at rb who could not pass portal guys on depth chart, and not the wideouts we wanted. We’ve not had a qb who was a downfield threat, period. We can blame them for bringing in or failing to retain guys, but I’m not as convinced the OC is the problem some make him out to be. Not yet.
His overall schemes, designed pass routes, and gadget play calling are enough to fire him.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Meh, playcalling was odd at key times. More than enough reason to change horses but without a QB and underperforming WRs, passing game is going to stink. We ended up 34th in rushing with our 6th string RB who wasn't even a RB when the season started.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Man I was really hoping an FCS team would hire Charlton the same way Towson rescued us from Rob Ambrose.
I was hoping Charlton just leave to go work at Aldi or Trader Joe's where his lateral attacks would really shine.

How could Mora think we've improved on offense when the team won half as many games as 2022?!?!

Reaction Score
I was hoping Charlton just leave to go work at Aldi or Trader Joe's where his lateral attacks would really shine.

How could Mora think we've improved on offense when the team won half as many games as 2022?!?!

And we’re actually like 91st in rushing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom