Monday (3/25): NCAA 2nd round games | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Monday (3/25): NCAA 2nd round games

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Missouri State has created separation in the last minute. Close fought game, but mid-major skills, it seems to me. I think Iowa State only hit 2 out of 12 3 pt attempts (around there).

Reaction Score
I said the other day I thought Iowa St was overseeded at #3, and now the B12 has been a huge dud.

K St got crushed by 30 to a Michigan team that was a disaster against Lou
#7 Texas was upset by #10 Indiana
Now #3 Iowa St losing to #10 Mo St

Baylor should be a wee bit concerned

Reaction Score
Yawn, they've laid down epic beatdowns in rounds 1 and 2 before and then laid eggs in the E8. We'll see this year.
I agree, they can be upset. I don’t see them as invincible. They’re size is the reason they’re tough to beat; it affects everything that the opposing team does.

Reaction Score
I said the other day I thought Iowa St was overseeded at #3, and now the B12 has been a huge dud.

K St got crushed by 30 to a Michigan team that was a disaster against Lou
#7 Texas was upset by #10 Indiana
Now #3 Iowa St losing to #10 Mo St

Same number of B12 and ex B12 teams in the S16 ;)

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I actually would not be surprised to see Oregon beat Baylor if that matchup happens.

In my bracket...I have Iowa beating Baylor in the Elite 8...and Oregon beating Iowa in the Final Four.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't know about Baylor being concerned, but I'd still like to know who they beat besides UConn to get the #1 overall seed.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I stopped watching after Q1, but looks like Oregon St. is going to survive. Limping into the Sweet 16 not playing very well. I'm afraid their season is going to end the same as last year--getting hammered by Louisville. Just gonna happen 1 round earlier this time.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Yawn, they've laid down epic beatdowns in rounds 1 and 2 before and then laid eggs in the E8. We'll see this year.

Very true. I dont see any of the teams in their regional putting up a big fight but I've felt the same the past two years so we shall see.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Zags haven't hit a 3 all game, now hit 3 in the last minute to keep it interesting.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Slocum/Pivec were strong down the stretch. If nothing else, they are battle tested

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I don't know about Baylor being concerned, but I'd still like to know who they beat besides UConn to get the #1 overall seed.

They slaughtered South Carolina and Iowa State.
Better wins than UCONN or Mississippi State. Notre Dame has 3 losses, including to unranked UNC, Louisville has 3 as well and was clobbered by Notre Dame to finish the year. Baylor was the clear #1 overall seed out of those options.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They had 12 top 50 wins and 7 top 25 wins, including wins over UConn, South Carolina, Arizona State and Iowa State x3. Edit to add: forgot to mention South Dakota State.

You could argue that Notre Dame deserved the overall #1 but Baylor didn't have losses to teams like North Carolina or Miami.

Reaction Score

Ehh... not really

Baylor is on an entirely different level separate from the rest of the Big 12. If they continue to play their game, they will be fine. Not saying they are locked to a win a national title but to say Baylor should be worried because their opponents crap their pants in the NCAAT makes no sense to me.

Maybe a bit overkill. Lets see if they can get over the hump. No doubt they are an elite team but it only takes on bad game and its over. Baylor has had some great teams over the years get knocked out early before they were suppose to. I do feel this team is a little bit different though but thats my opinion.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ehh... not really

Baylor is on an entirely different level separate from the rest of the Big 12. If they continue to play their game, they will be fine. Not saying they are locked to a win a national title but to say Baylor should be worried because their opponents crap their pants in the NCAAT makes no sense to me.
I realize you're basically a full blown Baylor cheerleader at this point, but come on, this has happened like 5 years in a row that Baylor steamrolls through everyone in January and February and then loses (or some might say, craps their pants) the 2nd game of the 2nd weekend.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Re: Baylor. Isn't this like saying UConn is nothing to worry about since their conference is so weak?

Reaction Score
Ehh... not really

Not disastrous. Just shows that their conference was weaker than it seemed.

Reaction Score
I realize you're basically a full blown Baylor cheerleader at this point, but come on, this has happened like 5 years in a row that Baylor steamrolls through everyone in January and February and then loses (or some might say, craps their pants) the 2nd game of the 2nd weekend.

Not a "full blown Baylor cheerleader" but I respect that program a lot. And like I said, they have the team to make it to the final 4 and win it, but their team over the years have crapped their pants in the biggest stages. Lets see how they handle the pressure next week.

Reaction Score
I stopped watching after Q1, but looks like Oregon St. is going to survive. Limping into the Sweet 16 not playing very well. I'm afraid their season is going to end the same as last year--getting hammered by Louisville. Just gonna happen 1 round earlier this time.
Mik was Mik - strong drives, big rebounds, just solid. Destiny turned it into a different gear in the second half. She made some really nice passes and had some nice drives. She really got the ball in the right place at the right time. I like Corosdale a lot. She played tough D and snagged some nice rebounds. I think she needs to expand her game offensively a little, but she plays so well in the system. I think she will work nice with Kennedy Brown. I’m worried it may end the same too...

Plebe

Reaction Score
Okay @nwhoopfan Stanford needs you to comment on how bad they're playing or how well BYU is playing :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
BYU up 15-11 over Stanford after 1Q. Ice cold from 3 pt (1-10)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yes please. How are we 1/10 from three in one quarter? That's about as bad as I've seen us play over a full quarter. It's like we've never seen a zone defense before.
He totally set Stanford up for it, said there was no way they would be that cold shooting from outside between Williams and the Hull sisters and Carrington etc etc.

Reaction Score
Not disastrous. Just shows that their conference was weaker than it seemed.

The Big 12 is not strong at all. There are some decent teams but outside of Baylor, no one is elite or great.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay @nwhoopfan Stanford needs you to comment on how bad they're playing or how well BYU is playing :)

Yeah, they stink so far. Looks like the game plan for BYU is to let the Hulls shoot. It's working brilliantly.

edit...:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom