Monday (3/25): NCAA 2nd round games | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Monday (3/25): NCAA 2nd round games

Reaction Score
Kalani brown looks asleep at the wheel defensively right now. Better not be one of those games for her...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be so cocky about Stanford. BYU shoots a lot of 3s, which is basically how they beat Gonzaga 3 times. If they get hot and Stanford isn't, could be a game.

Sure they can shoot, and some of their guards can drive. Smith can pull Hamson out of the lane. They don't have athleticism to matchup w/ Williams and Carrington I don't think.

Reaction Score
Cal holding their own against Baylor but Anigwe has 2 fouls. 19-16 Baylor end of 1st quarter.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sure they can shoot, and some of their guards can drive. Smith can pull Hamson out of the lane. They don't have athleticism to matchup w/ Williams and Carrington I don't think.
I suspect BYU will play mostly zone to neturalize the athleticism deficit. Leave Hamson parked in the lane to rim-protect and force players other than Smith to beat them from deep.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU is just a shell of their former selves. They just look awful. Not sure how they're only down 1 at this point.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Anigwe already has 2 fouls. I thought Kalani Brown had 2 but I guess not. Surprisingly close 16-19 1Q.

UCLA: Do not foul Japreece Dean. I couldn't figure out how she got to 20 pts. -- she gets an occasional 3 but not many field goals -- the answer is free throws, attracts them like James Harden. She's fast and small, maybe she's getting sympathy fouls. I like her though.

My sense is that Michaela Onyenwere is a volume shooter. Misses a lot but can afford to with UCLA rebounding prowess. In one play she got 3 offensive rebounds but couldn't put the basket in the hole -- reminded me of Megan on one of her bad days. But then the ball bounces beyond the line and MO hits a 3.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I suspect BYU will play mostly zone to neturalize the athleticism deficit. Leave Hamson parked in the lane to rim-protect and force players other than Smith to beat them from deep.

That might be their best bet, but sitting back in a zone w/ Williams on the court is playing w/ fire. Smith, Carrington and the Hulls can hit them too.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
15-14 GU after Q1. Easily the worst game of the night so far. Putrid.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Dang, this Missouri State-Iowa State game is awesome. The Bears have some players and you can really tell that their 2 wins over Drake were no fluke.

I hadn't heard Kelly Jolly (Harper) interviewed in a while. I forgot what a good ol' Tennessee girl she is, and I mean that in a positive way. If she gets Missouri State to the Sweet 16, does she get a triumphant return to Knoxville??

Missouri State is up by 7 late in 2Q.

Also a great commentating team: Brenda VanLengen and Andraya Carter.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Baylor looks like the Russian hockey team back in the day. Their shooting percentage in the first half must be otherworldly.*

*64% as it happens.

Reaction Score
Woof, Juicy's 3 point shot is off

As I type she hits to end the half LOL

Reaction Score
I think Baylor’s size is their advantage more than anything else.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
ESPN is up to its old tricks again. We are getting a Baylor blowout when there are much closer games going on elsewhere.

When I'm king of the world, things are going to be done differently but until that happens, I guess we will all have to suffer.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Holy cow Missouri State. Formerly known as Southwest Missouri State. Went on a big run to take an 11-point lead in 3Q and force an ISU timeout.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Baylor was playing well, so I have no objections to ESPN sticking with them. They were hitting their shots from everywhere and some great passing. Size was obviously instrumental in rebounding. Like watching a good UConn game in slow motion.

That said, I switched to Missouri State - Iowa State. Is Coach Jolly the one selling sheets in the commercials? I may switch from this one since Missouri is pulling away. One of my fond memories of ancient history NCAAW tourneys was Jackie Stiles going coast to coast - was it against Stanford? Anyway, just broke their back while pretty much carrying the rest of the team on hers. Reduced the Stanford captain to tears. Stiles is Asst Coach at Missouri State.

*No, I think it's Marciniek.

Iowa State cuts it to 3.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Iowa State on a 6-0 run to cut the lead to 3, brings the crowd in Ames back to life.

Gotta give it up for the Iowans, they love their WBB.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
ESPN must be monitoring the Boneyard. They switched us to the Gonzaga-Oregon State game!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Sheesh Baylor looks ridiculous. Scary thing is they likely only get better the next few years. Their freshman Queen Egbo may have the most upside of any of them. A long athletic 6-5 post who provides a huge target inside. Her and Smith will be a heck of a combo the next 3 years.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Sheesh Baylor looks ridiculous. Scary thing is they likely only get better the next few years. Their freshman Queen Egbo may have the most upside of any of them. A long athletic 6-5 post who provides a huge target inside. Her and Smith will be a heck of a combo the next 3 years.
Yawn, they've laid down epic beatdowns in rounds 1 and 2 before and then laid eggs in the E8. We'll see this year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The only two teams Baylor beat this year outside of UConn are gone before the Sweet 16.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Desperation time for Iowa State, down 7 under a minute to play.

And now under 30 seconds. Another mid-major reaches the Sweet 16.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom