Terps 15-25
Bruins 20-21

ballgame

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Okay I have to whip this one out:

1553562593918.png

From Las Vegas I said that UCLA was gonna be a 3-seed's nightmare.
I know, not exactly a non-obvious prediction. But I'll take it anyway.

Onyenwere with 30 huge points, Dean with 22, Burke with 19. If all 3 of those are scoring, it can be trouble.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
hopefully these late games dont comeback to haunt this post

I'm conceding the Baylor game. Stanford shouldn't be a problem. I'm officially nervous about Oregon St. But the conference is undefeated in post season still at this point and w/ UCLA and Arizona St. both beating quality teams in true road games, I'd say the conference has already had a successful post season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
hopefully these late games dont comeback to haunt this post
Yes exactly, the two of y'all are the most *cursed* predictors I've ever seen. As soon as @nwhoopfan makes a simple observation about how one player/team/conference is doing well/poorly, it's enough to send things in the exact opposite direction on a freakin' dime. Case in point last night's UConn-Buffalo game :eek:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCLA does not looks like their record tbh

They have played some great basketball to end the year and are getting hot at the right time. Good for them.

They were really shaky in OOC but pretty much turned it around as soon as conference play started.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Big review in the Syracuse-SDSU game on an out of bounds call. SDSU is up by 5 with 1:40 to play.
How on earth did the officials not overturn that call? It was clear to all watchers except the officiating crew that the Cuse ball hit the floor before the SDSt player.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yes exactly, the two of y'all are the most *cursed* predictors I've ever seen. As soon as @nwhoopfan makes a simple observation about how one player/team/conference is doing well/poorly, it's enough to send things in the exact opposite direction on a freakin' dime. Case in point last night's UConn-Buffalo game :eek:

I have no idea how I do it. I guess it's a gift? Not the kind of gift I want though.

Plebe

Reaction Score
How on earth did the officials not overturn that call? It was clear to all watchers except the officiating crew that the Cuse ball hit the floor before the SDSt player.
Who knows. Just happy Syracuse didn't score on the ensuing possession and it didn't change the outcome.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

shame.gif

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
According to the OSU message board they've lost the opening tip every game this year. Par for the course to start today.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I have no idea how I do it. I guess it's a gift? Not the kind of gift I want though.
So wise up a little and at least don't brag on the Pac-12 until *your Beavs* have played ;)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Haven't watched much Baylor this year. They look BIG. I didn't realize what a tank (that's a compliment) Cox is.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So wise up a little and at least don't brag on the Pac-12 until *your Beavs* have played ;)

I've pretty much been predicting they're going to lose, so maybe I can't really hurt them at this point.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Haven't watched much Baylor this year. They look BIG. I didn't realize what a tank (that's a compliment) Cox is.
Yes they are huge. In person it's even far more impressive than on TV. They are like a wall on defense. Probably the best defensive WBB team we've seen since UConn 2016.

Reaction Score
If UCLA wins, the womens tournament will have a less "chalk" sweet 16 than the men for the first time ever (presumably)

Just want to re-highlight this.

Men's bracket has 14 teams from #1-4 seeds. (+5, 12)
Women's bracket will have 13 at most. (+5, 6, 6)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The scary part about Cox is how athletic she is. Not quite Brianna turner, but close, and a lot bigger and longer. Plus a good shot up to about 18.

Reaction Score
It seems like Choe Jackson's shooting has not been as consistent at Baylor as it was at LSU. Not sure if its because she is more a PG now but usually she has been more crisp with her midrange game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Okay, moving on to the next spunky mid-major:

Missouri State has announced pretty loudly that they will be no easy victim. They are really peaking at the right time. Competing very strong early with Iowa State. Quite a few of their fans have made their way to Ames, and the arena is LOUD.

The Bears lead by 1 at end of 1Q.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Tell ya what.... I'll be in the stands pulling for Iowa... ok ??? :oops::oops:Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

My sister and I are talking about heading to Greensboro for the Saturday games. If we end up going, we should all plan on meeting up. It's only a three-hour drive from me.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm conceding the Baylor game. Stanford shouldn't be a problem. I'm officially nervous about Oregon St. But the conference is undefeated in post season still at this point and w/ UCLA and Arizona St. both beating quality teams in true road games, I'd say the conference has already had a successful post season.
I wouldn't be so cocky about Stanford. BYU shoots a lot of 3s, which is basically how they beat Gonzaga 3 times. If they get hot and Stanford isn't, could be a game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU...more of the same. Can't hit anything. Missed 4 or 5 shots on 1 possession. Goodman got going in the first round, but shes back to bricking 3's. Slocum is completely ineffective, she's been M.I.A. for a while. Looks like Pivec has to carry the whole team again.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Just want to re-highlight this.

Men's bracket has 14 teams from #1-4 seeds. (+5, 12)
Women's bracket will have 13 at most. (+5, 6, 6)
A very atypically chalky year for the men. I wonder if more so than ever?

The women's side hasn't exactly been upset-riddled.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Anigwe is a human pogo stick. Gotta make those bunnies, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom