Media Availability Today -- Wed., June 14th (merged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Media Availability Today -- Wed., June 14th (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think it’s doubtful Paige will be back to even the end of her sophomore year form by the end of the season. By summer 2024 she’ll be closer to freshman year Paige, whether she wants to go into the WNBA at a lower level is anyone’s guess.
What do you base this guess on? Are you involved with or have direct knowledge of her rehab/recovery?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My take is these high level athletes don't want to be here longer than they have to. Megan didn't. Tuck didn't. Azura didn't. Even Dorka was out of here until she broke her wrist and didn't want to end her college career like that.
Your source for this info?

Reaction Score
What do you base this guess on? Are you involved with or have direct knowledge of her rehab/recovery?
It’s not about rehab and recovery, her knee is probably fine right now. It’s about how long it takes most players to return to the level they were out after being out for so long and mentally overcoming the injury. I mean look at Raven Johnson, she just started getting back to the level she was at pre-injury towards the end of South Carolina’s season and she tore hers before the 2022 season.
It’s just the reality of an ACL injury recovery, as Paige herself stated during these press conferences.

Reaction Score
Ayanna had a conflict--either a class or an appointment.
Yes that had been posted, as you pointed out. The question is why didn't we see/hear from Ines? Did she have a class conflict as well? Does anyone have any info on that? Amari, perhaps having recently had surgery, wasn't available as well. Too bad we didn't get to hear from all the players - but I very much enjoyed hearing from practically all of them.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It’s not about rehab and recovery, her knee is probably fine right now. It’s about how long it takes most players to return to the level they were out after being out for so long and mentally overcoming the injury. I mean look at Raven Johnson, she just started getting back to the level she was at pre-injury towards the end of South Carolina’s season and she tore hers before the 2022 season.
It’s just the reality of an ACL injury recovery, as Paige herself stated during these press conferences.
And Sue Bird tore her ACL in December of her freshman year and started every game her sophomore season, was outstanding and led the team to a national championship. No two acl tears are the same. You just post uninformed guesses which are always negative. It’s predictable and quite funny.

Reaction Score
And Sue Bird tore her ACL in December of her freshman year and started every game her sophomore season, was outstanding and led the team to a national championship. No two acl tears are the same. You just post uninformed guesses which are always negative. It’s predictable and quite funny.
Ok but it doesn’t really change my opinion on Paige returning after almost two full seasons on the sideline.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think it’s doubtful Paige will be back to even the end of her sophomore year form by the end of the season. By summer 2024 she’ll be closer to freshman year Paige, whether she wants to go into the WNBA at a lower level is anyone’s guess.
Sports are full of stories where athletes came back from torn ACL's to be better than ever. As a UConn WBB fan, I have two words for you....SUE BIRD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom