Who will win this game?

• Northwestern

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I tried to tell yall that Northwestern was a good team, but apparently yall dont listen to guys with bags over their heads.
Sorry. I didn't recognize you without a donut in your hand. The last time I listened to a guy with a bag over his head I did 8 to 10. At least have one inching toward the bag.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I'm happy to say I was one of the nine BY25 voters who included Northwestern on my ballot yesterday. :)
As you are the “keeper” of the pools..we know that how exactly? You and @triaddukefan are both suspect...:rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I liked the interviewing by the NW "press". Our press might learn from them and actually come with prepared questions that are interesting.

It seemed only one person asked all the questions. Wonder if he is getting credit
as a student of their renowned Sports Journalism program. ;)

Reaction Score
and she had some eye popping moments. Her one handed putback which was half volleyball putback / half shotput was awesome and her smile would not stop.

I believe she was a superb volleyball player in high school as well. Nice to know that skill transfers!!

For some unknown reason, she almost never got on the court until this season. So little, a lot of players would have transferred long before this.

Reaction Score
To be fair, there are still a lot of teams that have done very little to "earn" their high ranking. #2 Oregon currently has no wins over teams currently in the top 25 (they did beat Syracuse at a time when Syracuse was ranked).
And the US Olympic Team.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What's worse is Frese is being out coached. This team seems rudderless, and no one really seems to know their roles
Seems that for the last few years Brenda has decided to accept mediocrity from a lot of highly ranked recruits. Been something of a truism to call her best teams the result of Louisville Jeff's efforts as assistant. I don't know about that, but their lackluster performance of late is pretty hard to fathom.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I tried to tell yall that Northwestern was a good team, but apparently yall dont listen to guys with bags over their heads.

Uh head bag it's y'all. At least up north that's how we quote you southern hiccups!

Reaction Score
I wonder if Maryland offered Pulliam. Always feels great to take down the hometown school, especially if they overlooked her.

Reaction Score
I believe she was a superb volleyball player in high school as well. Nice to know that skill transfers!!

For some unknown reason, she almost never got on the court until this season. So little, a lot of players would have transferred long before this.

Northwestern WBB has another 6'3"+ volleyball player coming in as a freshman next year from right here in Bergen County NJ by the name of Anna Morris..........................at the moment I think she's a better volleyballer then she is a basketball player but time will tell...............

Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
But yet you didn’t vote For them to win on the vote...not sure you can be trusted... ;)

I see these polls... but forget to vote in some of them, but trust me... I would have picked Northwestern :cool:

Sorry. I didn't recognize you without. a donut in your hand. The last time I listened to a guy with a bag over his head I did 8 to 10. At least have one inching toward the bag.

Other than a trip to Duck Donuts in the fall..... and a free donut given to me by Tony the Pizza Guy... I havent had any donuts since the second week in February.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Watched part of the game yesterday....major yikes for MD. For a team that has a lot of talent they are pretty awful this year. The rest of the conference is picking up though. Happy to see other programs like Indiana and Northwestern on the upswing.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Watched part of the game yesterday....major yikes for MD. For a team that has a lot of talent they are pretty awful this year. The rest of the conference is picking up though. Happy to see other programs like Indiana and Northwestern on the upswing.
It makes little sense that they should be struggling like this after bringing everyone back except Fraser and adding a strong freshman class. Just a real chemistry issue. Mikesell seems to have struggled shooting in some key games, but she is at 44% 3FG overall.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I'm happy for Joe McKeown and Northwestern. They've been one of the forgotten sisters of the Big Ten the past several years -- never terrible, it seems, but almost never an NCAA team. I think they last made it in 2015.

Last year they had a great run to the WNIT final, and all their main contributors are back. Should come as no surprise that they're making waves this year.

I was just about to post something similar. McKeown is one of WBB sleepers...just goes about his business of coaching without flamboyance. His teams at GW were always well-coached...and after many years, he finally has Northwestern where he has wanted it to be -- a contender.

I, too, had Northwestern on my ballot this week; the Wildcats have been on all of my BY Top 25 ballots this season. And they'll move up on my next one.

Reaction Score
It makes little sense that they should be struggling like this after bringing everyone back except Fraser and adding a strong freshman class. Just a real chemistry issue. Mikesell seems to have struggled shooting in some key games, but she is at 44% 3FG overall.
Very surprised that Mikesell is still shooting at 44% from distance after her 1/6 performance yesterday and reading the Maryland message boards that stated that she was in a "major sophomore slump." I looked it up and you are spot on.

She is averaging 2.2 points per game less than she did as a frosh, but her shooting percentages are similar to what she did last season. I guess the Maryland fans are looking for a scapegoat for the squad's three early losses. Or, it could be a recency opinion because she is a combined 2/17 overall in her last two games. She is a quality shooter and puts in the time on that part of her game.

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I see these polls... but forget to vote in some of them, but trust me... I would have picked Northwestern :cool:

Other than a trip to Duck Donuts in the fall..... and a free donut given to me by Tony the Pizza Guy... I havent had any donuts since the second week in February.
You're going to lose your reputation points.

Reaction Score
Very surprised that Mikesell is still shooting at 44% from distance after her 1/6 performance yesterday and reading the Maryland message boards that stated that she was in a "major sophomore slump." I looked it up and you are spot on.

She is averaging 2.2 points per game less than she did as a frosh, but her shooting percentages are similar to what she did last season. I guess the Maryland fans are looking for a scapegoat for the squad's three early losses. Or, it could be a recency opinion because she is a combined 2/17 overall in her last two games. She is a quality shooter and puts in the time on that part of her game.
Mikesell has had a very uneven season. Here are her three point stats to date.
Wagner: 4/6
South Carolina: 0/4 (shut out)
James Madison: 2/6 (she did hit the most important shot in that game in the Maryland comeback.)
Delaware: 5/9
GWU: 5/8
Quinnipiac: 2/6
Clemson: 1/7
Belmont: 0/1 (only took three shots and was shot out)
NC State: 3/5 (her best game against a quality opponent)
Loyola: 6/11
Georgia State: 7/11
Michigan: 1/4 ( was 1/8 total from the field)
Northwestern 1/6 (was 1/9 total from the field)

So far in Big 10 play she is shooting 18% from the field and 20% from the three point line. Her % has been helped by having six out of her 13 games (including a nice performance against NC State) shooting at least 50% from three point territory. Shooting 2/6 isn't a disaster so I won't count those two games. The other five games where she didn't shoot well she shot 14% from three point territory and was shut out two games. So very uneven this season. Not something you expect from the reigning Big 10 Freshman of the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom