Who will win this game?

• Northwestern

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What's worse is Frese is being out coached. This team seems rudderless, and no one really seems to know their roles
Are you suggesting that "We Defend! We Rebound! And We Run Them Out of the Gym!" doesn't constitute extremely effective coaching?!

Reaction Score
I'm happy to say I was one of the nine BY25 voters who included Northwestern on my ballot yesterday. :)

And I. Wonder if we're getting the T25 more accurately than the AP is?

Reaction Score
And a big shoutout to Greenwich's Abby Wolf: 10 points and 6 rebounds tonight in a winning effort!!

Reaction Score
Owusu and Charles both have 6 turnovers. MD has 24 total.

Is Charles really a first round WNBA pick? I haven't seen her shoot effectively outside the paint.

Maryland has always been terrible at taking care of the ball.

What has Maryland done to earn a #12 ranking?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Maryland has always been terrible at taking care of the ball.

What has Maryland done to earn a #12 ranking?
To be fair, there are still a lot of teams that have done very little to "earn" their high ranking. #2 Oregon currently has no wins over teams currently in the top 25 (they did beat Syracuse at a time when Syracuse was ranked).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
And a big shoutout to Greenwich's Abby Wolf: 10 points and 6 rebounds tonight in a winning effort!!

and she had some eye popping moments. Her one handed putback which was half volleyball putback / half shotput was awesome and her smile would not stop.

Reaction Score
Northwestern played a great game and Frese got outcoached by the Northwestern coach. That zone gave Maryland problems all game. It would not have mattered in this game by Maryland misses Channise Lewis tremendously. It's going to be a long season for the turtles.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Are you suggesting that "We Defend! We Rebound! And We Run Them Out of the Gym!" doesn't constitute extremely effective coaching?!
Not unless her mantra starts to include the phrases, "We play with poise, discipline, intelligence, we shoot the ball well and play for each other". That sort of stuff.

Reaction Score
I expected it to be a 10 point Maryland win give or take a few points, but not a Northwesten blowout.

Reaction Score
To be fair, there are still a lot of teams that have done very little to "earn" their high ranking. #2 Oregon currently has no wins over teams currently in the top 25 (they did beat Syracuse at a time when Syracuse was ranked).
We know that Oregon is #2 in the polls based upon making the Final Four last year and returning top personnel. That is typically how it works prior to conference season unless a favorite stumbles multiple times in the nonconference season, whether or not the schedule was daunting.

Credit Oregon for being willing to play UConn away from Eugene this season. If Oregon isn't sufficiently prepared for PAC-12 play or to give UConn a competitive game, then feel free to criticize its nonconference schedule. If Oregon plays as well as expected the rest of season, then its nonconference season will have been what was needed to develop its frosh and to allow Moore to become a big part of its core as a new starter.

I have a strong feeling that Oregon will be ready for a memorable battle with UConn on February 3. I will be rooting for the Huskies that day, but will not be surprised if the Ducks escape with a road win.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It's looking like the Big 10 is really going to cannibalize itself this year. The carnage has started right from the onset. 2 games in NW, Indiana and Purdue are 2-0 and almost everybody else is 1-1.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's looking like the Big 10 is really going to cannibalize itself this year. The carnage has started right from the onset. 2 games in NW, Indiana and Purdue are 2-0 and almost everybody else is 1-1.
I said this in another thread, but yeah I think a huge chunk of the conference will be within a couple games of each other in the standings. Not a lot of separation between about 9 or 10 teams.

With other conferences having down years, wouldn't surprise me to see 8 or 9 Big Ten teams get bids. But they might not have more than 1 or 2 hosting teams.

Reaction Score
...and I'm not going to take Owusu seriously until she gets into basketball shape. That might not even be next year. But I liked Austin at the Jordan Brand and I like her now.

I think Owusu just has one of those bodies that looks more out of shape then it really is..........she played a lot of minutes in high school and was really tough in the closing minutes when everybody was dragging...........she could work out five hours a day and still never look like a prototypical point guard

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm happy for Joe McKeown and Northwestern. They've been one of the forgotten sisters of the Big Ten the past several years -- never terrible, it seems, but almost never an NCAA team. I think they last made it in 2015.

Last year they had a great run to the WNIT final, and all their main contributors are back. Should come as no surprise that they're making waves this year.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I tried to tell yall that Northwestern was a good team, but apparently yall dont listen to guys with bags over their heads.
But yet you didn’t vote For them to win on the vote...not sure you can be trusted... ;)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I tried to tell yall that Northwestern was a good team, but apparently yall dont listen to guys with bags over their heads.
But yet you didn’t vote For them to win on the vote...not sure you can be trusted;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom