March 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

March 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope not. Olson at espn has question her work ethic twice now. Not UCONN material in effort IMO. Barker or Gardnier for a forward in that class or just Ice.
Gardiner's 3 finalists are UCLA, Oregon St. and of course Stanford. Barker or bust.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Gardiner's 3 finalists are UCLA, Oregon St. and of course Stanford. Barker or bust.
While shooting the breeze today I got reminded of a player that had a good showing at USA basketball U16 but did not make the team. I have no idea if UCONN is even interested but Bella Fontleroy a 2/3 hybrid a good defender if UCONN is still in the market for a guard in '22 She from @donalddoowop neck of the woods and apparently worships Napheesa.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
While shooting the breeze today I got reminded of a player that had a good showing at USA basketball U16 but did not make the team. I have no idea if UCONN is even interested but Bella Fontleroy a 2/3 hybrid a good defender if UCONN is still in the market for a guard in '22 She from @donalddoowop neck of the woods and apparently worships Napheesa.

I'm not familiar with her. In what part of Missouri does she live?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I will look at the schedule and see if her team is in the State Tournament scheduled for Sectionals this week.

Reaction Score
Barker could look at Ole Miss, some type of connection she has with one of the staff members.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Passthaball marks Caroline Ducharme's upcoming AAU return with a video montage:

Maybe the rules have changed but typically signed Seniors (like Caroline ) do not play AAU basketball in the spring of Senior year. I can't remember if that by rule or practice.

Reaction Score
Maybe the rules have changed but typically signed Seniors (like Caroline ) do not play AAU basketball in the spring of Senior year. I can't remember if that by rule or practice.
The tweet seems to be referring to the PassThaBall All American game (which is on April 2).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/12

KK Bransford ('22):

26 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, MND advances to the state title game.

Chloe Clardy ('23):

30 points, Conway advances to the state semis

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New interview with Paulina Paris. The most pertinent part is where I have the video set to begin when she is asked about what she's looking for in a school. The second thing she mentions is that she'd like to start right away. I don't know how big a factor that will be but she wouldn't start at UConn for a couple of years. Shame too because she has the moxy and offensive skills UConn could really use.

Thanks to Stoli for the tip.

Reaction Score
New interview with Paulina Paris. The most pertinent part is where I have the video set to begin when she is asked about what she's looking for in a school. The second thing she mentions is that she'd like to start right away. I don't know how big a factor that will be but she wouldn't start at UConn for a couple of years. Shame too because she has the moxy and offensive skills UConn could really use.

Yeah, just the fact that she said that kills any chance of coming here.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Chloe Clardy and Conway's entire state semi from Friday (3/12). Clardy is #13 in white.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2023 Riley Stack:

Stack is an avid women's college basketball fan. Now when she watches games, she's doing so through a different lens. Among her role models are former South Carolina legend and 2020 WNBA MVP A'ja Wilson and current UConn freshman guard Paige Bueckers.

"I definitely do my research," Stack said. "(Coaches) talk about how I have a good height but would fit more at the (small forward, power forward) position, which I like a lot because I like my mid-range (shot)."

Stack has three Division I offers now, but that number is certain to grow. Other schools that she's been in contact with include Chattanooga, Louisville, Navy, South Carolina, Stanford, UConn and Yale.

Reaction Score

It's a challenge right now for Uconn recruiting beyond the top 10 or so players in the country. Some of these second tier recruits (just by Uconn standards) have long lists of good programs where they are likely to start for at least for part of their career. Here they are most likely recruited to be a backup to the backup, given every opportunity to earn playing time but probably couldn't realistically expect it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Got to say I find the standard 'I'm looking for a family atmosphere' a rather meaningless statement. I don't know of any coaching staff or program that isn't aiming for exactly that - you have everyone together, living on top of each other, spending the majority of their time outside classes and sleeping working together either in practice or the gym, and traveling around the country together - sounds like a 'family'. Of course there are a few programs that disintegrate for a variety of reasons each year but the vast majority are pretty happy. And every family is different (some rather disfunctional) so which one do you use as a model the Cleavers, the Bunkers or the Jeffersons, or the Kardasians? So what they are really saying is 'I am looking for a program that I feel comfortable in', duh.

As for starting as a freshman, it is what it is. I wonder how Edwards feels about her freshman season, stuck on the bench for the start of 22 games? She would likely be starting for 300 other D1 programs, but suspect she is happy with her choice. And wonder how many HS kids would turn down a USA under___ team that wanted them to come off the bench?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/13

Chloe Clardy: 12 points; got hurt at the end of a Conway loss in OT in the state semis

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
KK Bransford:

Thanks for posting. Here's a write-up on the game.

MND defeated Newark 57-55 in double overtime in the Division I state final at University of Dayton Arena.
Junior KK Bransford scored a game-high 21 points to go along with 10 assists and eight rebounds to lead the Cougars.

Bransford scored all eight of MND's points in the second overtime session to help lift the Cougars. Bransford's jumper with 22 seconds left gave MND the 57-55 lead for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom