March 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

March 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Perhaps the same chances we wrestled Ice away from the west coast schools? UCONN is just different, especially when it comes to getting players to the WNBA
I like that kind of talk, keep talkin' ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't follow the recruiting trail that much. What little I have learned about Patterson, she would be one of my two choices. What are the chances UConn can "wrest" her away from Indiana and Notre Dame?
Who knows but... one thing about Patterson and a key to her recruitment is her father. Everything I read about him seems to indicate that he's a very thorough & thoughtful guy who will do what best for his daughter. He is a former professional & NCAA basketball player which is similar to Kiah Stokes father ( Greg) who was not only steady in her recruitment but also firm in keeping Kiah focused when people were constantly bending her ear about transferring from UCONN.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
yes I'd never say it with 100% certainty till she's proves it at the next levels......but from what we've seen for the past few years I'd say the odds are strong...........I made some predictions about the skinny blonde kid when others questioned whether she would start and that has worked out OK..............
Pretty sure Pareto principle applies to the BoneYarders relative to predicting Paige would start. How was your crystal ball relative to Nika? Seems I recall you had concern relative to her shooting inhibiting her from starting.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Pareto principle applies to the BoneYarders relative to predicting Paige would start. How was your crystal ball relative to Nika? Seems I recall you had concern relative to her shooting inhibiting her from starting.
Nika's shooting concerns appeared to be warranted. She got her chance to start because of injuries. Her shot has improved but I wouldn't call her a threat.

Reaction Score
I am not sure why the insistence of some posters of Muhl starting because of injuries. Makurat was the only extended injury and she wasn’t starting when they shut her down. Muhl brings other things to the team besides scoring and the decided improvement in the team defense is not the least of them. The toughness and competitiveness she and obviously Edwards bring has made Uconn a completely different team. If Uconn goes deep into the NCAA tourney it will be on the strength of their defense.

Reaction Score
that's still my concern...........her streaky outside shooting, good passing and defensive aggressiveness have all been as advertised...........

Reaction Score
Who knows but... one thing about Patterson and a key to her recruitment is her father. Everything I read about him seems to indicate that he's a very thorough & thoughtful guy who will do what best for his daughter. He is a former professional & NCAA basketball player which is similar to Kiah Stokes father ( Greg) who was not only steady in her recruitment but also firm in keeping Kiah focused when people were constantly bending her ear about transferring from UCONN.
This should actually work in UConn's favor. Sure hope so. On edit, maybe not. I remember Andrae Patterson, a 6-9 PF at Indiana. I agree he'll know what's best for his kid. If her goal is to play pro, the pull of his alma mater might be strong if he feels their coach and program can prepare her properly. Not real optimistic on this one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Excuse my naivety, but how is this possible? Are we talking 3rd parties, friend of a friend, etc.?

It's been a question in the back of my mind for a while as I've read posts here and in other forums. I know there are exceptions (e.g. Maori Davenport going to Georgia with the help and blessing of CVS), but this is a shady side to WBB I still don't understand (or sure if I want to).

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I like her enough to revise my '23 Guard wish list. Rationale: Jocyte will likely turn pro, I don't see Watkins leaving Cali & I think Williams ends up somewhere that will let her play both softball and basketball at a very high level- Arizona, Texas or LSU maybe.
  1. Juste Jocyte
  2. Malaysia Fulwiley
  3. Judea Watkins
  4. Mikaylah Williams
  5. Kamorea Arnold
  6. Chloe Clardy
  7. Ashlyn Shade.
Baylor has also allowed players to do both, Mackenzie Robertson, as in Kim’s daughter played both and won an NCAA Title in both while at Baylor.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
KK Bransford playoff game from earlier this week. #14 in Blue

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Midwest Hoops Spotlights on Patterson:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/6

KK Bransford: 20 points (12-17 from the foul line), 8 rebounds, 7 assists

MND advance to the state tourney.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who wonders, after watching some of these drills, are they applicable to a real basketball game ?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/6

Aalyah Del Rosario: 23 points, 15 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 three-pointer

Madison Booker: 17 points, 6 rebounds

Paulina Paris: 21 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online