LSU basketball, 2023 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball, 2023

Reaction Score
Now as players, the game needs to be played fully. Taking plays off. Being lazy... Because of the celebration was unacceptable. Especially going against a team like Arkansas. Who I think gives Kim fits

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I can't wait to see Kim's presser.
Bird Popcorn GIF

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So the best team on the LSU schedule thus far has been Arkansas-twice. These are nice wins but what the heck is going to happen when you play at Alabama, vs. Tennessee and at SC?

Reaction Score
So the best team on the LSU schedule thus far has been Arkansas-twice. These are nice wins but what the heck is going to happen when you play at Alabama, vs. Tennessee and at SC?
Lose all of them badly

Harper coaches circles around mulkey

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LSU only attempted ten 3 pointers tonight. I think they are much better when they shoot15-20 per game. Way to many lost balls while attempting to drive. In the third, they weren't even looking to shoot the three. Don't want to overlook Bama and Tenn but I don't see LSU beating SC without the 3 ball in play. They won't be able to dominate in the paint against SC.

Reaction Score
I hope Morris and Reese get an ear full tomorrow.

Reese is great but the extracurricular have to get addressed immediately. Same with Morris. Morris sucks the life out of a team with her pouting, dumb turnovers, etc.
Yeah. The extracurricular stuff needs to be addressed because what is going to happen when players like Reese/Morris run into a team or player that is going to give that extracurricular back? And if LSU takes an L while doing all that extra stuff?

I get that players talk and bring that extra energy. But when you are facing an opponent that is giving that same energy back, don't get mad and want to take it to another level.

Reaction Score
Say what you want but that was an exciting game last night. Arkansas played like champions. They tried to make up for their poor showing at home. At the same time if Angel Reese who had a super game wouldn't have missed 7 free throws Arkansas would have never led. Johnson hitting those last 4 free throws iced it. She's one super freshman. One of the best games I've watched all year.

Reaction Score
Yeah. The extracurricular stuff needs to be addressed because what is going to happen when players like Reese/Morris run into a team or player that is going to give that extracurricular back? And if LSU takes an L while doing all that extra stuff?

I get that players talk and bring that extra energy. But when you are facing an opponent that is giving that same energy back, don't get mad and want to take it to another level.
This may not be a popular opinion but the large energetic crowd seem to be more of a negative than a positive for the players. Players were too busy show boating, celebrating and doing things to hype up a crowd then focusing on executing

It’s not even remotely close to LSUs first game vs Arkansas. Just watch both games. That game was treated as a business trip. No extracurricular shenanigans. It was all focus for four quarters on the road. Players never celebrated and ran back to play defense. The complete opposite happened last night. They were fortunate to walk away with a W.

Reaction Score
This may not be a popular opinion but the large energetic crowd seem to be more of a negative than a positive for the players. Players were too busy show boating, celebrating and doing things to hype up a crowd then focusing on executing

It’s not even remotely close to LSUs first game vs Arkansas. Just watch both games. That game was treated as a business trip. No extracurricular shenanigans. It was all focus for four quarters on the road. Players never celebrated and ran back to play defense. The complete opposite happened last night. They were fortunate to walk away with a W.
Great point. Tale of two games. That first game was mild mannered vs the game last night. There was an extra energy level about last night.

Reaction Score
Say what you want but that was an exciting game last night. Arkansas played like champions. They tried to make up for their poor showing at home. At the same time if Angel Reese who had a super game wouldn't have missed 7 free throws Arkansas would have never led. Johnson hitting those last 4 free throws iced it. She's one super freshman. One of the best games I've watched all year.
No dobut it was an exciting game. Arkansas played well and did not give up. Reese and LSU are pretty scary. Reese had a monster game. She is not afraid of the Big moment. I love close games like that because it reveals so much about a program, their players, and the coaching. Like, who has prepared for those situations? Which player is going to step up or shy away from those Big moments. Those close games reveal so much. LSU and Reese did well. I just hope that they keep that same energy when they run into a team with just as much energy and got that dawg in them.

Reaction Score
Listening to Mulkey in the press conference, she doesn't seem to mind how the team conducted themselves or defended.

Reaction Score
Listening to Mulkey in the press conference, she doesn't seem to mind how the team conducted themselves or defended.

Not surprised. She defended Reese's conduct after that T. And what did Reese do? Kept running her mouth.... even to teammates. Her monster. Her problem.

Reaction Score
I do not really see the antics flying with South Carolina or Tennessee. Eventually, they will meet their match and get what they are asking for. Every program/player will not ignore it like Arkansas was able to last night.

Outside of all the extra, it was a very entertaining game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not surprised. She defended Reese's conduct after that T. And what did Reese do? Kept running her mouth.... even to teammates. Her monster. Her problem.
Idk what goes behind closed doors but I’m low key rooting for a game where they throw technicals everywhere so it gets addresses if it doesn’t happen again.

There is emotional leadership and then there’s that. While Reese played really well and had another monster stat sheet. She also contributed to why the game was so close. She earned a technical giving Arkansas the ball back with 2 free throws and at least 3 or so baskets easily from not running back on defense.

Not a single game can I recall this year ever seeing what I saw last night

Reaction Score
Idk what goes behind closed doors but I’m low key rooting for a game where they throw technicals everywhere so it gets addresses if it doesn’t happen again.

There is emotional leadership and then there’s that. While Reese played really well and had another monster stat sheet. She also contributed to why the game was so close. She earned a technical giving Arkansas the ball back with 2 free throws and at least 3 or so baskets easily from not running back on defense.

Not a single game can I recall this year ever seeing what I saw last night
I hear you. The tighter the games get...I think the more this has potential to happen. LSU found themselves in a dogfight for the first time this year.

Reaction Score

The crowd was rowdy and was great for women's basketball. Reese has always been that way since HS. Last year at our place when she was with Maryland, she taunted and yelled in our players face on big plays. I like her enthusiasm, but it could be dial down a little.

Reaction Score
Very impressed with Kim in that presser. She really supports her kids. As far as the extra curricular activities - I suspect she says something offline if she’s upset, but won’t call out her players in public for that type of behavior. I also think one needs to take a look at Kim and her style to get a sense of how much that behavior may, or may not, have bothered her. Can we say gold lame?
And that freshman kid… very impressive!

Reaction Score
The crowd was rowdy and was great for women's basketball. Reese has always been that way since HS. Last year at our place when she was with Maryland, she taunted and yelled in our players face on big plays. I like her enthusiasm, but it could be dial down a little.
Reese gets overly vocal. I am all for enthusiasm but you have to be smarter. You simply can't stare down a player after making a big block, thats going to earn you a technical for taunting. Go chest bump your team mate, but you can't be doing that dumb stuff. Get excited all you want but respect your competition as well. It needs to tone down some and I don't doubt some of it is going to get addressed in some way. Two LSU assistants (Bob Starkey and Daphne Mitchell) stopped Reese while everyone else went to the locker room and had a bit of a convo with her and she didn't look very happy about it. But the team as a whole deserves to be ripped a new one for all the celebrating and just watching Arkansas go the other end of the court for an easy layup instead of getting back.

As far as the fan support, withstanding all the obvious antics that has been discussed with nauseam. Its really amazing to see the team get the type of fan support and rowdiness that the mens teams get. The numbers continue to go up by the year and I'm happy the players get to experience that. Just two years ago the PMAC was a morgue with just hundreds in the stands, now they are getting over 7K in there routinely and are now starting to draw large student crowds. This was from last night, students lined up going all the way down the road hours before tip off. Its great for the program but for the sport as well.

Fm4GPfyakAMGNWo

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Yes, and the announcers were not bold enough to call them on it. I stopped watching the men because of all the showboating. Now, some are bringing it to the women's game. :(

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Very impressed with Kim in that presser. She really supports her kids. As far as the extra curricular activities - I suspect she says something offline if she’s upset, but won’t call out her players in public for that type of behavior. I also think one needs to take a look at Kim and her style to get a sense of how much that behavior may, or may not, have bothered her. Can we say gold lame?
And that freshman kid… very impressive!
I'm with you on that. From everything I've read and heard, public Kim is very different from private Kim. And she got where she is by running a tight ship.

Reaction Score
All that shows is a UConn fan being snarky about a player having some fun.
Oprah Winfrey Oops GIF by WE tv
Exactly. But even this snarky question is not unreasonable. The over the top celebration is bound to raise a few eyebrows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom