LSU basketball, 2023 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball, 2023

Reaction Score
She wasn't standing over her. She gave her a withering stare and had some words to say as she was turning away. Should she have kept her mouth shut? Probably. But damn...she blocked that shot while she was holding her shoe.
In looking at the clip it appears that what Reese said is what got her the tech not "standing" over her because if you notice Johnson was "standing" over her too lol

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
but you only mentioned Reese as if that reaction is only exclusive to her and/or certain teams. Our beloved Huskies do the same .
Viola Davis Hush GIF by PBS SoCal

Reaction Score
But you made her the topic. Make others the topic too if you're finger pointing on a topic that pertains to other players as well.
UM...NO...I didn't. Read my post and the comment ABOUT REESE that I replied to. I'm not that guy who doesn't call it like it is. And Reese's behavior isn't some isolated incident. It's repetitive.

Reaction Score
I would be pretty surprised if LSU or Tennessee kept it close with South Carolina this year. From the games I have seen, LSU has dominated the offensive glass and that probably is not happening against SC. South Carolina has the post game to neutralize Reese, and I think Brea Beal will have a major impact defensively on the perimeter. While Tennessee has size, I am just not sure it's good enough to contend with Boston inside either. Brink had 21 & 17 in only 26 minutes against Tennessee, I would imagine Boston would be able to put up a big game as well.
LSU about to get blown out to TN. Free W for TN.

Reaction Score
UM...NO...I didn't. Read my post and the comment ABOUT REESE that I replied to. I'm not that guy who doesn't call it like it is. And Reese's behavior isn't some isolated incident. It's repetitive.
What type of guy you are is neither here or there for me. My point is whether repetitive or not it's done by many in wbb even Husky players.

Reaction Score
What type of guy you are is neither here or there for me. My point is whether repetitive or not it's done by many in wbb even Husky players.
MY FRIEND....IF you want to start a thread that "Dorka is just like Reese"...feel free. AND...good luck with that.

Reaction Score
LSU about to get blown out to TN. Free W for TN.

I think LSU should handle Tennessee. The only problem I could potentially see is defending Jackson. Just don't think the Tennessee posts will be able to contain Reese. However, Jasmine Franklin could be someone to keep an eye on. Undersized, but very physical. I think LSU should still win though.

Reaction Score
but you only mentioned Reese as if that reaction is only exclusive to her and/or certain teams. Our beloved Huskies do the same .
I respectfully disagree. Why did she get a technical foul then?

Reaction Score
In looking at the clip it appears that what Reese said is what got her the tech not "standing" over her because if you notice Johnson was "standing" over her too lol
I would gander that she had to stand over the Arkansas player and say something to get the tech.

Reaction Score
I think LSU should handle Tennessee. The only problem I could potentially see is defending Jackson. Just don't think the Tennessee posts will be able to contain Reese. However, Jasmine Franklin could be someone to keep an eye on. Undersized, but very physical. I think LSU should still win though.
Oh lort save us. I just had a vision of the Jackson/Reese matchup and all I saw was a sea of technicals.

Reaction Score
Oh lort save us. I just had a vision of the Jackson/Reese matchup and all I saw was a sea of technicals.
Lol I believe Jackson & Reese are good friends so I’d be surprised if those two do any trash talking to one another.

Reaction Score

Basketball game aside. Hard to believe two years ago, less than a thousand people were in the stands but then packed over 15,000 tonight.

Reaction Score

Basketball game aside. Hard to believe two years ago, less than a thousand people were in the stands but then packed over 15,000 tonight.

Nikki Fargas never got the support at LSU like Kim gets -not even debatable.

Reaction Score
Whatever else anyone might say about either of these teams, 15,000 in the stands has to be good for WBB.
Why did your beloved fans not support Niki like this..

Reaction Score
Why did your beloved fans not support Niki like this..
Why would UConn fans support Nikki Fargas? And isn't Nikki Fargas in hot water right now for harrassing and discriminating against a pregnant employee right now?

Reaction Score
Huh? What’s this got to do with anything I wrote? Reading is fundamental
Not sure how it's assumed you're a LSU fan. Personally, it's coming across like a loaded question.

Before even joining this board a few years ago, I've seen posts from several LSU fans who participate clearly outlining their dissatisfaction with Fargas. Reasons ranged from including inability to recruit top level talent, poor coaching decisions during games, a decline in being a competitive team while she was the HC, etc. If they've haven't noticed this, that's on them.

From my perspective, she didn't perform as expected as a coach when she took over the program. Fans aren't going to support a team they don't feel is up to par or competitive.

Reaction Score
Nikki Fargas never got the support at LSU like Kim gets -not even debatable.

Id probably be willing to debate it but first, Support by who ( fans, community, AD or someone else) and for what( money, attendance, facilities or something else) ?

Reaction Score
Id probably be willing to debate it but first, Support by who ( fans, community, AD or someone else) and for what( money, attendance, facilities or something else) ?
Athletics department and Fans. My understanding is that Nikki asked for the Simeone Augustus Statue first. Then she got Crickets. Kim comes in and they put one up. Fans never packed the PMac for Nikki. don't you think that hurt her recruiting ? Kim 1st year yall had sellouts. You all did not do this for Nikki. IMO...Shame shame !!!

Reaction Score
Athletics department and Fans. My understanding is that Nikki asked for the Simeone Augustus Statue first. Then she got Crickets. Kim comes in and they put one up. Fans never packed the PMac for Nikki. don't you think that hurt her recruiting ? Kim 1st year yall had sellouts. You all did not do this for Nikki. IMO...Shame shame !!!
Fargas only has herself to blame for why things didn't work out at LSU. LSU fans were extremely excited when she first came here. She had a lot of success in the post season especially with the player she inherited from Van Chancellor. But Nikki was never able to win a single NCAAT game with a team of her own recruits. LSU was a middle of the road SEC team (not bad but not great) and was rarely ever in the top 25 (maybe a week here and there). The product got worse towards the back end of her tenure because her recruiting was god awful. LSU was lucky in her final years just to break 50 or 60 points, it was terrible basketball. Watching paint dry was more fun than watching some of these games (which I still watched). If it wasn't for her having a niece being good at basketball (Pointer), it would have been much worse. Nikki was an incredibly lazy recruiter. One of Louisiana's top recruits in recent years (who ended up going to Baylor) only got a letter in the mail. Fargas never actually went out to see her in person.

She completely dissolved the booster club. She got rid of a lot of things that had been ongoing since the Gunter and Pokey days. And she often would not even attend events with boosters/donors and instead would just send her assistant coaches instead (Tasha Butts especially). The booster club was basically empty by the end of her last year.

Kim got support like no other off the bat because she is one of the most decorated coaches of all time and is a Louisiana native. She has 3 national titles and has done nothing but be successful. She won immediately.... in year one Kim finished higher in the SEC than any year Fargas did and had them ranked in the top 25 (which Nikki never did outside a spurt of a week or two here and there).

And while Kim may be controversial, she is one of the hardest workers out there. She is constantly going out in the community weekly to raise money and promote ticket sales. The night before the TN game, Kim was in Lafayette doing a dinner event to raise money and to get more people in the booster club. She upgraded a bunch of the facilities on the money SHE raised, not LSU just handing the money over.

I can promise you, if Kim had a middle of the road SEC team, not in the top 25 and produces a bland product... the attendance will look exactly like it did at the end of the Fargas era. Pokey/Gunter were putting 10,000+ in a seat. Fargas's inability to put a quality product on the floor, be competitive and promote her own program is why the PMAC became a morgue in her final years.

The statue? I would probably take it up with the former AD Joe Alleva who was terrible. He was incredibly lazy and let many subpar LSU programs tread water and not make changes because he refused to want to deal with any of it. LSU got a new AD a couple years ago.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fan attendance isn't a determining factor for recruiting. If it is for a recruit, then that's a problem as they're not looking at what's best for them because they're focused on superficial factors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom