LOL Pats Fans - it never ends | Page 3 | The Boneyard

LOL Pats Fans - it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Okay. That link provides nothing except the fact that Brady has asked for his footballs to be deflated in the past and that the two guys hate him for it. There is no evidence in there Brady specifically asked for his footballs to be deflated below the legal PSI before the game, halftime, or any other time, which is what "Deflategate" is all about.

There is nothing there that taints Brady's legacy unless you already have a biased opinion against him.

baddabing, and there's so much more

maybe Patriot fans are just burdened with superior intelligence and preparation, much like our team :D

Reaction Score
I mean jeez. This isn't the death penalty phase of a murder trial. It's a pretty trivial item for a sporting event. In the face of some most likely accurate evidence on a matter like this its ok to say "you know it looks like my team bent the rules in this instant". (especially since they've been caught before) But no you will go down with the ship and most likely want to hire Cochran, Kardashian, and Dershowitz to represent Brady and get that ball boy on the stand to discredit him. It is so hilarious.

But like johnhuskies95 said earlier

If you don't call every single Boston franchise the GOAT in their respective sport you're almost opening yourself up to debate from their fans.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And even though the investigation didn't turn up a smoking gun, it doesn't matter because ...?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Well I'm a Uconn fan who was no problem admitting Calhoun had some dirt under his nails. I'm a realist. I'm also a Jets fan who has admitted he wishes the jets learned how to cheat as well as the pats.

The funny part is that one of the txts stated that a ball given to the Pats by the refs was inflated to 16lbs. 2.5lbs above the limit. So the NFL didn't really give a crap about the psi. Comical really.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
The funny part is that one of the txts stated that a ball given to the Pats was inflated to 16lbs. 2.5lbs above the limit. So the NFL didn't really give a crap about the psi.

The ball boy was probably trying to screw with Brady. He disliked him so much he wanted to give him " watermelons"

Reaction Score
I know this is an impossible ask on this board, but can we please try to find some common ground here?

"More probable than not" is extremely gentle phrasing. Eleven of the twelve footballs used against the Colts were significantly deflated, and there are multiple exchanges between two people directly involved in ball preparation that demonstrate that Brady specifically wanted them prepared a certain way.

And he didn't just have a certain preference, he badgered these two guys to the point that they couldn't stand him sometimes.

You would have to have your head pretty far in the sand to believe that Brady didn't consciously attempt to take as much extra rope as he could. Is this a big deal? Probably not. But there is some pretty firm evidence here that the Patriots' were complicit in this.

CL82

Reaction Score
If you don't call every single Boston franchise the GOAT in their respective sport you're almost opening yourself up to debate from their fans.
Oh you can make good arguments for other teams being #1, but Boston's always in the discusion, aren't they?

CL82

Reaction Score
I know this is an impossible ask on this board, but can we please try to find some common ground here?

"More probable than not" is extremely gentle phrasing. Eleven of the twelve footballs used against the Colts were significantly deflated, and there are multiple exchanges between two people directly involved in ball preparation that demonstrate that Brady specifically wanted them prepared a certain way.

And he didn't just have a certain preference, he badgered these two guys to the point that they couldn't stand him sometimes.

You would have to have your head pretty far in the sand to believe that Brady didn't consciously attempt to take as much extra rope as he could. Is this a big deal? Probably not. But there is some pretty firm evidence here that the Patriots' were complicit in this.
Well sure except that a pretty biased report exonorates them.

Reaction Score
Oh you can make good arguments for other teams being #1, but Boston's always in the discusion, aren't they?
You're obviously kidding but I know Boston fans who actually think this way.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The ball boy was probably trying to screw with Brady. He disliked him so much he wanted to give him " watermelons"

You mean this:

Jastremski: I checked some of the balls this morn... The refs f----- us...a few of then were at almost 16

He wasn't talking to Brady.

Also the post game measurements had a ball over the limit.

Oh and 3 of 4 Colts balls measured in under the limit. But nobody cares.

Reaction Score
Whether deflated balls are a big deal toward outcome or not, Brady has tainted his legacy. He might as well be named Sammy Sosa.

So if you don't have an opinion on whether deflated balls change the outcome of games than how in any shape or form does can you label Brady as a cheater? Playing the second half of the AFC title game and the entire Super Bowl with "regulation balls" kind of proves that Brady dominated with both types of balls weakening the "outcome of the game argument."

Reaction Score
BhKw0bxCEAEmNu7.jpg

Reaction Score
You can call us Patriot fans crazy and delusional but we aren't the ones equating an under inflated football with anabolic steroid use

Reaction Score
So if you don't have an opinion on whether deflated balls change the outcome of games than how in any shape or form does can you label Brady as a cheater? Playing the second half of the AFC title game and the entire Super Bowl with "regulation balls" kind of proves that Brady dominated with both types of balls weakening the "outcome of the game argument."
FartMan, your post makes you sound stupid and I want to give Fartman the benefit of the doubt. You realize the outcome of the game and whether Brady cheated are two different things, right? Patriots could have scored 2000 points in the second half and Brady still could have cheated.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Ok so he cheated in the past you just can't say he cheated in the Colts game . That's a great pats fan defense.

LOL.

Deflating footballs isn't cheating unless it is below the requirements set in place by NFL. Give me the proof that Brady specifically asked for his footballs to be deflated below the legal PSI level and I'll be quiet.

But wait. You can't! 4 months of investigation and all you have is "probable". Yet here you are prescribing the guilty label on the Patriots based on what? Because of your own bias against the Patriots, which is ironic considering you are calling out Patriots fans for showing bias towards the Patriots.

CL82

Reaction Score
You're obviously kidding but I know Boston fans who actually think this way.
Haha a little bit John but there are whole lot of championship among the Pats, Celts, Red Sox and Bruins aren't there?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So if you don't have an opinion on whether deflated balls change the outcome of games than how in any shape or form does can you label Brady as a cheater?

I thought that was funny too. The Colts played with under inflated footballs too apparently. They didn't cheat though.

But.... Steroids!

Reaction Score
FartMan, your post makes you sound stupid and I want to give Fartman the benefit of the doubt. You realize the outcome of the game and whether Brady cheated are two different things, right? Patriots could have scored 2000 points in the second half and Brady still could have cheated.
I could be wrong but doesn't one cheat to achieve ones goal by having an unfair advantage the other party doesn't have? If you take the unfair advantage out of the equation and the goal or outcome isn't effected can you call it cheating?

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but doesn't one cheat to achieve ones goal by having an unfair advantage the other party doesn't have? If you take the unfair advantage out of the equation and the goal or outcome isn't effected can you call it cheating?

That might be one definition of it, but cheating is generally considered to be tricking or deceiving someone else in a competitive environment.

Reaction Score
That might be one definition of it, but cheating is generally considered to be tricking or deceiving someone else in a competitive environment.
You can only trick or deceive using unfair tactics that would gain an advantage in achieving the goal in that competitive environment, no? Unless you can seriously say a football 1 PSI under the limit gave the Patriots an advantage for their 14-7 halftime lead I don't think you can call it cheating especially after they outscored Indy 28-0 with "corrected balls"

Reaction Score
You can only trick or deceive using unfair tactics that would gain an advantage in achieving the goal in that competitive environment, no? Unless you can seriously say a football 1 PSI under the limit gave the Patriots an advantage for their 14-7 halftime lead I don't think you can call it cheating especially after they outscored Indy 28-0 with "corrected balls"

There are a couple of different definitions of cheating, some that use the word advantage, some that don't.

Reaction Score
Whether deflated balls are a big deal toward outcome or not, Brady has tainted his legacy. He might as well be named Sammy Sosa.
Is this your personal bash New England Patriots thread. You're replying just about every other post. Get off your f'in high horse. It's more probable than not that I don't give a rats ass.

At the end of the day, the Patriots have 4 Super Bowl championships led by Tom Brady.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
CL82 said:
Well sure except that a pretty biased report exonorates them.

Brady most likely will be suspended for a few games next season. How is that exonerated?

Reaction Score
Is this your personal bash New England Patriots thread. You're replying just about every other post. Get off your f'in high horse. It's more probable than not that I don't give a rats ass.

At the end of the day, the Patriots have 4 Super Bowl championships led by Tom Brady.

Haha, you're just proving his point even more.

Reaction Score
There are a couple of different definitions of cheating, some that use the word advantage, some that don't.
In this case where the goal was to score more points than the other team the definition using the word advantage is the one that applies. So If you honestly think the footballs gave them an advantage than you can call it cheating but if you don't believe that than how can you say they're cheaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom