LOL Pats Fans - it never ends | Page 2 | The Boneyard

LOL Pats Fans - it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Different situations. I have every possible reason to doubt the legitimacy of any charge brought against the Patriots by a legion of angry reporters. The media has a vendetta against Belichick similar to the one that Calhoun faced. Neither gave reporters what they wanted, neither played the game of being the personable, likeable coach that had no problem with them being around. Because Belichick is so frosty and secretive, it pisses off journalists and they get vindictive by attempting to tarnish the franchise. You saw what happened with Woj and Wetzel - Calhoun pissed them off, and the Nate Miles exposé happens. The media controls the narrative, and if their feelings get hurt, then facts be damned.

As far as I'm concerned, the franchise is 100% clean and the horde of anti-Pats media members are full of it.
You have to be trolling with that comment. If you are 100% serious, you just:
A) Blew my mind
b) became the poster child for the exact point Im trying to make

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You have to be trolling with that comment. If you are 100% serious, you just:
A) Blew my mind
b) became the poster child for the exact point Im trying to make

Read the report and tell me what facts it asserts. "More probable than not" does not constitute a fact. Nothing was objectively concluded.

Plain and simple, the media revived a dead story in order to sully the name of the Patriots. You're just jumping on anything that says something remotely negative about the franchise and promoting it as the complete truth. Nice going.

August_West

Reaction Score
Read the report and tell me what facts it asserts. "More probable than not" does not constitute a fact. Nothing was objectively concluded.

Plain and simple, the media revived a dead story in order to sully the name of the Patriots. You're just jumping on anything that says something remotely negative about the franchise and promoting it as the complete truth. Nice going.

Forget the report. The text messages provide more than enough entertainment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
WitchHunt-580x432.jpg

Seeth thou the flames of hell at her feet? We toldth thou that she be a witch and now it is proven!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What? Maybe the media revived it because the report was released today.

And because it used ambiguous language that allowed for negative interpretation with relation to the franchise?

If the investigators didn't include that "more probable than not" crap that allows for crazies to get riled up, the report doesn't even get mentioned.

Reaction Score
Different situations. I have every possible reason to doubt the legitimacy of any charge brought against the Patriots by a legion of angry reporters. The media has a vendetta against Belichick similar to the one that Calhoun faced. Neither gave reporters what they wanted, neither played the game of being the personable, likeable coach that had no problem with them being around. Because Belichick is so frosty and secretive, it pisses off journalists and they get vindictive by attempting to tarnish the franchise. You saw what happened with Woj and Wetzel - Calhoun pissed them off, and the Nate Miles exposé happens. The media controls the narrative, and if their feelings get hurt, then facts be damned.

As far as I'm concerned, the franchise is 100% clean and the horde of anti-Pats media members are full of it.

WTF? The media is what perpetuated that "Patriot Way" garbage. They've heaped praise on Belichick and Brady for years.

CL82

Reaction Score
And because it used ambiguous language that allowed for negative interpretation with relation to the franchise?

If the investigators didn't include that "more probable than not" crap that allows for crazies to get riled up, the report doesn't even get mentioned.
More probable than not = no proof. But the people who were hot to trot to find fault will jump all over the ambiguity and ignore the fact that 3 of the 4 Colts balls were under inflated. Meanwhile, I'll be waiting for the ban the Colts thread.:rolleyes:

By the way the "investigation" "cleared" Belichick of any wrong doing. Any of these guys retracting their Belichick is a cheater posts? I thought not.

August_West

Reaction Score

I mean jeez. This isn't the death penalty phase of a murder trial. It's a pretty trivial item for a sporting event. In the face of some most likely accurate evidence on a matter like this its ok to say "you know it looks like my team bent the rules in this instant". (especially since they've been caught before) But no you will go down with the ship and most likely want to hire Cochran, Kardashian, and Dershowitz to represent Brady and get that ball boy on the stand to discredit him. It is so hilarious.

But like johnhuskies95 said earlier
I don't think this is a big deal, but Boston sports fans don't concede anything.

Reaction Score
Two Pats employees texting each other about them deflating balls for autographed items from Brady. Yeah, nothing to see there.

I read the quotes. It certainly doesn't say that unless the person reading the texts wants it to say that. The report is laughable in it's suggestion without anything specific.

Reaction Score
More probable than not = no proof. But the people who were hot to trot to find fault will jump all over the ambiguity and ignore the fact that 3 of the 4 Colts balls were under inflated. Meanwhile, I'll be waiting for the ban the Colts thread.:rolleyes:

By the way the "investigation" "cleared" Belichick of any wrong doing. Any of these guys retracting their Belichick is a cheater posts? I thought not.

The four Colts balls tested were not inflated because they measured within the permissible range on at least one of the gauges used at halftime. The fifteen footballs tested, and the balance of the Colts balls collected at halftime, were returned to the field for use in the second half

Did this report clear Belichick in Spygate and I missed it? Cause if not, then he is cheater.

Reaction Score
I read the quotes. It certainly doesn't say that unless the person reading the texts wants it to say that. The report is laughable in it's suggestion without anything specific.

So what where the employees talking about then?

Reaction Score
I suggest reading the report if you havent. the table where theres a huge difference from one ball to the next and huge differences from the measurements from two different people measuring the same ball. How could the conclusion possibly not be that human error in measurment is a factor to the preasure change differences??? Also, the way the balls are treated will effect things as well. Pressure would be affected by how hard or soft the material is. The treatment of the balls by each team can greater vary, so the properties of the material the ball is made of will vary. All of the evidence is exactly what I thought it would be. Then the conclusion is the exact opposite.

Reaction Score
The four Colts balls tested were not inflated because they measured within the permissible range on at least one of the gauges used at halftime. The fifteen footballs tested, and the balance of the Colts balls collected at halftime, were returned to the field for use in the second half

Did this report clear Belichick in Spygate and I missed it? Cause if not, then he is cheater.
Just making sure you are aware that the report of him taping a practice that everyone remembers actually didn't happen.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
quite possibly the weakest case in American history, not a shred of substantive evidence

it is essentially one man's opinion, something that would be laughed out of court before opening arguments

LOL at the haters, grasping at straws

CL82

Reaction Score

lol thanks for proving my point for me Z.

I get it. For some fans, hating is all they have.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Okay. That link provides nothing except the fact that Brady has asked for his footballs to be deflated in the past and that the two guys hate him for it. There is no evidence in there Brady specifically asked for his footballs to be deflated below the legal PSI before the game, halftime, or any other time, which is what "Deflategate" is all about.

There is nothing there that taints Brady's legacy unless you already have a biased opinion against him.

August_West

Reaction Score
Dynasty said:
Okay. That link provides nothing except the fact that Brady has asked for his footballs to be deflated in the past and that the two guys hate him for it. There is no evidence in there Brady specifically asked for his footballs to be deflated below the legal PSI before the game, halftime, or any other time, which is what "Deflategate" is all about. There is nothing there that taints Brady's legacy unless you already have a biased opinion against him.

Ok so he cheated in the past you just can't say he cheated in the Colts game . That's a great pats fan defense.

Reaction Score
I'm just holding up the mirror. Don't blame me if you don't like your reflection.

No, actually you're trying to deflect that your team cheats.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's so funny because UConn fans who are Pats fans are among the first to bash someone like Calipari, labeling him a cheater and vilifying the guy, but when it is your team that gets caught with its hand in the cookie jar its posts like the two above: "Who Cares" and "Scoreboard" . I am highly amused by the hypocrisy of New England Sports fans (all sports fans for that matter, but New Englanders are a special breed.)

Eh, Pats fans are similar to UConn fans defending Calhoun against the rest of the country calling UConn a dirty program.

This report reads like: "Calhoun failed to foster an atmosphere of compliance in his program".

August_West

Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
You Eh, Pats fans are similar to UConn fans defending Calhoun against the rest of the country calling UConn a dirty program.

Well I'm a Uconn fan who was no problem admitting Calhoun had some dirt under his nails. I'm a realist. I'm also a Jets fan who has admitted he wishes the jets learned how to cheat as well as the pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom