Link for schedule for ICE BRADY and FIBA U18 Americas Championship | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Link for schedule for ICE BRADY and FIBA U18 Americas Championship

Reaction Score
Del Rosario should come to UConn just for the coaching. Some players need to be coached and some want to be coached. She should be both IMO.

Reaction Score
I'd also love to watch the practices as I find it interesting that Brady at 6'3 or 4 depending on who you ask is starting ahead of a 6'6 Rosario. I do like both but am sure happy Brady is coming to UConn.
Why is that surprising? Brady is probably a year older and more experienced than Del Rosario. She will be at UConn next year and Del Rosario still has another year of high school.

Reaction Score
Just watched the second half of the Puerto Rico game. Ice looked very smooth on offense. She knows how to finish in the lane. She didn’t seem very focused on rebounding. Maybe that’s their game plan.

Reaction Score
Why is that surprising? Brady is probably a year older and more experienced than Del Rosario. She will be at UConn next year and Del Rosario still has another year of high school.
actually I think they are close to the same age but Del Rosario is entering her Senior year HS while Ice is a Freshman in college. Apparently Del Rosario is strong academically and has recently transferred to a small well respected school near Nashville. I think there is some talk of Vanderbilt in her future.

Reaction Score
actually I think they are close to the same age but Del Rosario is entering her Senior year HS while Ice is a Freshman in college. Apparently Del Rosario is strong academically and has recently transferred to a small well respected school near Nashville. I think there is some talk of Vanderbilt in her future.
Looking forward to seeing her top 5 list. I know she visited SC recently. That would be a great get for Vandy but I will believe it when I see it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What's up with Nichols and Gilbert. 2 DNP's coaching decision?

Reaction Score
No, Ice is younger than Rosario.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nobody turned on Saylor, she got her chance when she first came out, then was injured the entire beginning of this past year. This guy doesn't know what he is talking about.
Saylor departure from UCONN was less than gracious. @donalddoowop may have been thinking of the comments made by Saylor's mother where she basically poo pooed UCONN academics when it would have been far better for her to say nothing and move on.

Reaction Score

It’s rumored that she is at a private school in Ct

Reaction Score
Saylor departure from UCONN was less than gracious. @donalddoowop may have been thinking of the comments made by Saylor's mother where she basically poo pooed UCONN academics when it would have been far better for her to say nothing and move on.
I was struck by that, too. The notion that the academics at Arkansas are somehow superior to those at U Conn seemed bizarre to me. I just assumed she wanted more playing time for her daughter. The irony is had she stayed, she'd have gotten lots of minutes.

Reaction Score
The USA team roster lists Isuneh Brady as 17 yoa. It has Aalyah (proper spelling, per roster) Del Rosario as 18 yoa.
So, I would like to see the dates of birth, but, my impression is that Ms. Del Rosario may have needed an extra
school year to adjust to the language change, etc. Ms. Del Rosario is by far the best of the (next year seniors) H.S. players
on this team. She has the teams best rebounding total, 23. Brady, the most points, 31 pts to Del Rosario's 23
Del Rosario is also "averaging" a Double Double= note those 23 points and 23 rebounds in two games. 9 points in game
one, 11 rebounds in game one. ( I believe ). Both lady's credentials have soared in two games IMO. We'll see have it works out over the time of the whole tournament. Note Team U18 Canada is ahead with 6'5' Fatima D. and 6' 4" Kali Grootendome ? and also two 6 ' 2" players. USA is taller overall and with a taller team depth. ie. more players over 6'0". Let the games continue!! Tomorrow is a rout for both teams! USA needs to smooth out some rough edges. = e.g. slow , sloppy starts.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Who turned on Saylor ?
Look at some of the post after she had trouble hitting her three point shots. It's hard to believe anyone would ask who, as if it did not happen. It ticked me off because she was expected to come in red hot. Do some research and you will see.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Nobody turned on Saylor, she got her chance when she first came out, then was injured the entire beginning of this past year. This guy doesn't know what he is talking about.
I know what I am talking about. Do some research or don't comment on my post because you evidently don't know what you are talking about, or you would have not asked the question. It had nothing to do with her mother's comments because it happened before then.

Reaction Score
Initially I thought Saylor had potential. A tall shooting guard/wing. But once Caroline showed up, it was going to be hard for her to win a spot in the rotation.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I know what I am talking about. Do some research or don't comment on my post because you evidently don't know what you are talking about, or you would have not asked the question. It had nothing to do with her mother's comments because it happened before then.
Saylor took all of 15 shots in her entire UConn career. A total of 15 shots. There were no in-game threads so no opportunity to do any research so perhaps you should provide the proof of your assertion. As crazy as some posters can be I highly doubt any respectable posters turned on Saylor because she made only 2 of 15 shots while joining the team as a freshman in January. I recall most here pulling for her to make a shot knowing how tough it is to join a team mid-season as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Saylor took all of 15 shots in her entire UConn career. A total of 15 shots. There were no in-game threads so no opportunity to do any research so perhaps you should provide the proof of your assertion. As crazy as some posters can be I highly doubt any respectable posters turned on Saylor because she made only 2 of 15 shots while joining the team as a freshman in January. I recall most here pulling for her to make a shot knowing how tough it is to join a team mid-season as a freshman.
She was 1 for 11 from beyond the arc; was trying to work through an injury, but did not gain traction in gaining more minutes (32 minutes in 12 appearances (2 min 40 seconds average) in mop up time....)

She was 0-1 vs. St John in the quarter finals of the BE tourney, and 0-1 vs. Syracuse in the second round of the NCAAs [both were 3 pt shots], and then was a spectator for the Final Four run.

Not sure why she gave up on her UCONN dream so "easily," as I thought her arriving eight months early would have gotten her a step up on all but Azzi Fudd for her "true Freshman" year...

I am not sure why she was unable to play this year for Arkansas, when Mir was able to play right away (1/27/2022 waiver date) for Virginia. Was it because Arkansas did not apply for a waiver because Saylor was injured?

Reaction Score
I think Saylor's mom talked about the fit but I don't remember any complaints about the academics. Saylor was probably just unhappy with the playing time projections and left. So far things seem to be working out well for her in Arkansas according to her coach. She did practice with the team this past year and according to reports was "lighting it up" in practice. This could happen to any kid. We should all wish her the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom