Link for schedule for ICE BRADY and FIBA U18 Americas Championship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Link for schedule for ICE BRADY and FIBA U18 Americas Championship

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
81-29 final. Ice leads USA with 17 pts in 20 minutes on 7/8 shooting :eek:, 3/4 FT, 3 RB’s, 2 ast, 2 stls, 1 PF, 2 to’s. Didn’t take any 3’s:(.

Ice impressed with her constant work to establish position in the low blocks on offense. Very similar to Tuck. In addition she effectively bodied up opposing post players on D, switching off with good help defense on penetration from opposing guards.

There’s a lot to like. :)
I only watched about 10 minutes, very busy right now. I was impressed with what little I saw of brady. We'll know a lot more about Brady after this tournament. Thanks to rvwsleep for posting the link.

Reaction Score
From a stats standpoint, very good efficient scoring but light on the rebounds. Only one game but by the end of this tournament we will know much more. I only saw part of the video, my quality was bad, but from what I have seen of her in other videos, I get the feeling she is very skilled, lots of smooth moves, but probably nothing special as a leaper.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Brady is doing well for her first USA basketball experience but this tournament is not going to tell us very much. I watched a little bit of all the games today and quite frankly the US has the 12 best players in the tournament and it is not even close. The Brazil vs Argentina game was very interesting for a couple of reasons. That game resembled a rugby match and the refs were letting them play with Argentina ( the host country) being on the wrong end of some dirty business that was not called by the refs. I have no idea why Letycia Vasconcelos of Brazil is still so highly ranked in some of these recruiting services eg #50 IN ESPN Hoopgurlz. Brazil managed to beat Argentina but they were both awful teams and I would expect the #50 player in the class to have much more of an impact. Letycia did not start for Brazil, blocked a few shot when she came in the game but became noticeably winded after a few times up and down the court then started walking. I'm seriously wondering if Vasconcelos is a legit P5 WBB prospect at this point.

Reaction Score
We may not have actually missed out regarding Rice. My opinion is that she is not a UConn type of player after watching her “gun” so much. Thoughts?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
From a stats standpoint, very good efficient scoring but light on the rebounds. Only one game but by the end of this tournament we will know much more. I only saw part of the video, my quality was bad, but from what I have seen of her in other videos, I get the feeling she is very skilled, lots of smooth moves, but probably nothing special as a leaper.
WBB is played largely below the rim. There have been a number of great players who are not particularly great “leapers” including Steph, Tuck & Boston. With that said, there was a shot by a Colombian player that got stuck in the rim. Ice easily jumped up to knock it out. So while we probably shouldn’t expect Ice to throw one down like Ayanna, I think she’ll be an excellent rebounder with more than enough size and jumping ability once she settles in at UConn.

Reaction Score
WBB is played largely below the rim. There have been a number of great players who are not particularly great “leapers” including Steph, Tuck & Boston. With that said, there was a shot by a Colombian player that got stuck in the rim. Ice easily jumped up to knock it out. So while we probably shouldn’t expect Ice to throw one down like Ayanna, I think she’ll be an excellent rebounder with more than enough size and jumping ability once she settles in at UConn.
I hope you are right, and there are a-lot of women who are effective rebounders using their bulk to get good position, and she seems to be fundamentally sound, and it was just one game's stats. I also agree you can be a great player without being a great leaper, and in the case of Tuck that might be a good comparison for Ice. Tuck had many strengths but her rebounding and blocked shot stats were relative weaknesses, compared to the rest of her game. She still played good position defense.

My best guess is that Ice will be very effective offensively. Polished moves inside, the ability to stretch the floor some with her jumper, and she apparently is a pretty talented passer. Defensively I expect good position defense, and the ability to bang with physical bigs. That is quite a few positive attributes. If she turns out to be a special rebounder/shot blocker in addition, then the upside is exceptional.

Regardless there are more games for her to play in this competition that may reveal more on all her abilities. Actually if I could be a fly in the room, what I would love to see is the practices with Ice going against Del Rosario. That might tell us more about both of those players than going against weaker competition in this tournament.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We may not have actually missed out regarding Rice. My opinion is that she is not a UConn type of player after watching her “gun” so much. Thoughts?
Nah, well maybe, I see your point-sort of. In this game (I'm being generous) Kiki was an inaccurate volume shooter at best. However she was never going to get that many shot attempts in a game at UCONN as long as she was sharing the court with Azzi and Paige. The one aspect that was striking for me is how disengaged she became once she was moved off the ball for a couple of possessions. She just strikes me as the type of player that is highly effective setting herself up first, her teammates second, and uncomfortable in allowing others to set her up. We had a poster that told us Kiki wasn't coming to UCONN because she wanted to run her own team. I'm beginning to believe that, in which case her choice not to come to UCONN was a very wise one.

Reaction Score
Nah, well maybe, I see your point-sort of. In this game (I'm being generous) Kiki was an inaccurate volume shooter at best. However she was never going to get that many shot attempts in a game at UCONN as long as she was sharing the court with Azzi and Paige. The one aspect that was striking for me is how disengaged she became once she was moved off the ball for a couple of possessions. She just strikes me as the type of player that is highly effective setting herself up first, her teammates second, and uncomfortable in allowing others to set her up. We had a poster that told us Kiki wasn't coming to UCONN because she wanted to run her own team. I'm beginning to believe that, in which case her choice not to come to UCONN was a very wise one.
Sounds about right.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I hope Puerto Rico gives a better game than Columbia did. I want to see how Brady stands up to good competition.

Reaction Score
I hope Puerto Rico gives a better game than Columbia did. I want to see how Brady stands up to good competition.
Terrible play by the USA so far, 12-12 after 1q. USA shooting 6 of 21 in fg's.
Brady with 4 points, 2 of 3 from the floor.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Terrible play by the USA so far, 12-12 after 1q. USA shooting 6 of 21 in fg's.
Brady with 4 points, 2 of 3 from the floor.
Who is the coach?

Reaction Score
So far I am impressed with Brady - excellent footwork, positions well and has an excellent touch around the basket. Haven't seen any short jumpers from her but accurate with her FTs so I think she might have a good touch with jumpers. Defensive wise she also really looks good. Keeps herself between the basket and the player. Runs the court well, Excellent court awareness. Ice definitely looks the more polished player for USA.

Though not a UConn recruit I am also impressed with Von Slooten (#14).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reminded me of South Carolina vs. Vandy the last couple of years. There's such a difference in size, athleticism and talent that it's ugly to watch. It's nice to learn some things about some of the top recruits, though. Del Rosario, for instance, is much more active and smoother on the offensive end than I realized, and she runs the floor well.

Reaction Score
So far I am impressed with Brady - excellent footwork, positions well and has an excellent touch around the basket. Haven't seen any short jumpers from her but accurate with her FTs so I think she might have a good touch with jumpers. Defensive wise she also really looks good. Keeps herself between the basket and the player. Runs the court well, Excellent court awareness. Ice definitely looks the more polished player for USA.

Though not a UConn recruit I am also impressed with Von Slooten (#14).
Ice hit one mid-range jumper on a secondary fast break. She pulled up in the lane from about 10 feet and swish.
She was 6 of 7 in field goal attempts.

Reaction Score
Brady showed her all around game. A nifty assist, a turn around jumper, a few blocked shots, and by golly she makes layups! Del Rosario can play although I still wonder if she can get up and down the court fast enough. Kitts showed quick hands today on the defensive end. Too bad they’re weak on offense.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I noticed before that she will force some shots and play too much me first ball. I hope people don't expect too much from Brady immediately because if she does not play to their expectations, they will turn on her like they did Poffenbarger.

Reaction Score
I noticed before that she will force some shots and play too much me first ball. I hope people don't expect too much from Brady immediately because if she does not play to their expectations, they will turn on her like they did Poffenbarger.
Nature of fans. Brady will be fine. On another note Kitts has fallen off my want list. Dont see any “dog” in her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom