Latest AP Rankings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Latest AP Rankings

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
BTW, South Carolina now have the 2nd longest streak in the AP poll. That streak will last for awhile.

We will see.... Maybe they will drop out when they lose to a unranked Duke squad in a couple of weeks.

breakfas-cclub-donnell-rawlings.gif

Reaction Score
I think you may have totally under valued Paige's defense. She has been terrific and it is often overlooked by her other attributes. I'm thinking that Geno might have had a discussion with a past player about her game with UCLA .:D
Paige is a great off ball defender. She is a master at sitting just outside of the view and grabs that passing lane with a full head of steam. She is a very intelligent player that is comfortable in her skin.

Reaction Score
My personal feeling is Colorado and UCLA are overrated in this poll. Yes, Colorado stole a win, but I think LSU was just primed for the upset. Are they really the #3 team in the country because of that upset? By that measure, Kansas State should be in the top 5 today. And UCLA hasn't played anyone particularly challenging, except for unranked Princeton.

None of it really matters anyway, but I just have to shake my head and wonder sometimes what voters think about.
I think LSU is still to high. They have serious issues and I don't think they have a prayer of getting over them unless someone leaves and that isn't likely to happen.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConn got punished hard for losing to that "unranked" team. Just maybe they were pretty good! I do see your point but haven't researched who else NC State has played.
They have played Charlotte, Elon, and Rhode Island. They will be playing in the Virgin Islands against Kentucky on the 23rd, Cincinnati on the 24th, and #3 Colorado on the 25th.

Reaction Score
My personal feeling is Colorado and UCLA are overrated in this poll. Yes, Colorado stole a win, but I think LSU was just primed for the upset. Are they really the #3 team in the country because of that upset? By that measure, Kansas State should be in the top 5 today. And UCLA hasn't played anyone particularly challenging, except for unranked Princeton.

None of it really matters anyway, but I just have to shake my head and wonder sometimes what voters think about.

Looks pretty good to me.

Reaction Score
UConn beat two FBC teams in (then) ranked Maryland at home and Minny on the road since they played while State has beaten mid majors Elon and Rhode Island, both on their home court

But State beat UConn head to head, they should be ranked higher in my opinion.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hey, @kidfrom360 @Next 12 and @Charliebball the weekly polls are a snapshot in time on how voters perceive the rank of teams are and generates ongoing discussion about the sport ALL OF WHICH WE ALL KNOW, so please just stop saying the polls don’t matter unless you also add “the Pope is Catholic“, “fish live in water“ and “the sky Is blue” as they are acutely obvious statements as well.

We also know it will be Impossible for UCLA, Colorado and Stanford to maintain their current voting positions but all 3 have won as both Colorado And Stanford with high profile wins and UCLA has won all their games thus far so their roster pedigree has garnered them the support vs. any true top 25 quality wins.

The rankings do show how much everyone values the PAC12 with 6 top 25 teams and 5 of the Top 10, The SEC and ACC show 5 teams with SEC having 2 of top 7 and ACC with VaTech as the top team at #9 lagging way behind. While the BigTen only has 3 teams in the top 25 poll, I would still put them ahead of the Big12 with 4 teams but Whose top team is Texas at #12.

All in all I agree with @oldhusky assessment that this weeks poll is pretty good Considering how early in the season and based on such a small sample. The Holiday tournaments will show us more and create more discussion which is also why forums like this exist.

Reaction Score
Not that rankings really matter, but how is Iowa ahead of UConn this week? Make it make sense.
I can see what you’re saying as Iowa has a bad loss to unranked K State on Iowa’s home court, and UConn lost to UNC which was a difficult away game. That being said UConn is sitting pretty going forward as Geno could have his deepest team ever. I honestly think that Geno could split his players into two teams and both would be in the top 25. Show me another team that could do that.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State tied UNC for 11th-most weeks among all teams ranked in the top 10 of the AP poll this week. We're 10th overall among all teams in poll appearances, and if we're ranked again next week, we'll tie Louisiana Tech for 9th place. Only Duke and UNC have been ranked more often among all ACC teams than NC State; we trail UNC by 4 poll appearances.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
I can see what you’re saying as Iowa has a bad loss to unranked K State on Iowa’s home court, and UConn lost to UNC which was a difficult away game. That being said UConn is sitting pretty going forward as Geno could have his deepest team ever. I honestly think that Geno could split his players into two teams and both would be in the top 25. Show me another team that could do that.
:(:mad::rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I remind our friends that are fans of other teams that you are currently on the UConn women board, not the neutral board. You may hear stuff you don’t like and you don’t get to lecture us about it here.

Reaction Score
Hey, @kidfrom360 @Next 12 and @Charliebball the weekly polls are a snapshot in time on how voters perceive the rank of teams are and generates ongoing discussion about the sport ALL OF WHICH WE ALL KNOW, so please just stop saying the polls don’t matter unless you also add “the Pope is Catholic“, “fish live in water“ and “the sky Is blue” as they are acutely obvious statements as well.

We also know it will be Impossible for UCLA, Colorado and Stanford to maintain their current voting positions but all 3 have won as both Colorado And Stanford with high profile wins and UCLA has won all their games thus far so their roster pedigree has garnered them the support vs. any true top 25 quality wins.

The rankings do show how much everyone values the PAC12 with 6 top 25 teams and 5 of the Top 10, The SEC and ACC show 5 teams with SEC having 2 of top 7 and ACC with VaTech as the top team at #9 lagging way behind. While the BigTen only has 3 teams in the top 25 poll, I would still put them ahead of the Big12 with 4 teams but Whose top team is Texas at #12.

All in all I agree with @oldhusky assessment that this weeks poll is pretty good Considering how early in the season and based on such a small sample. The Holiday tournaments will show us more and create more discussion which is also why forums like this exist.
to each his/her own...........for me, at this point in the season it's as interesting as yesterday's weather..........:rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The un-split team was soundly outplayed by NC State (not UNC), and only 9 players even saw playing time in that game. So the evidence is scant that there are two separate top-25 teams packed within the roster.

Reaction Score
The un-split team was soundly outplayed by NC State (not UNC), and only 9 players even saw playing time in that game. So the evidence is scant that there are two separate top-25 teams packed within the roster.
Oh yeah……Ashlyn, Azzi, Q, Ice, Aubrey……Paige, Nika, Edwards, Caroline, Ayanna. KK and Jana both coming off the bench for both.

Of course everyone needs to be healthy, but both of those starting fives are easily top 25 teams.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I can't tell you how many times UNC and NC State get mixed up by people.

About 20 years ago, I was at a conference in Kansas City. The Big 12 Women's Tournament was being held at Kemper Arena and I decided to attend an evening session. This was one of the years when the Big 12 was dominant, with Oklahoma, Iowa State and Kansas State all ranked in the top 10.

At halftime of one of the games, I was talking with some fans of Kansas State. I was discussing NC State and Kay Yow and our proud program and one of the older ladies said "And they have such beautiful blue uniforms!". I looked at her like she was growing a second head and just stopped talking.

I had another reason for going to the Big 12 Tournament. For many years leading up to that, I had kept up an e-mail correspondence with Mechelle Voepel, and she offered to talk with me at the tournament if I attended. I thought it was nice of her to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule to discuss WCBB and NC State with me.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I can't tell you how many times UNC and NC State get mixed up by people.

About 20 years ago, I was at a conference in Kansas City. The Big 12 Women's Tournament was being held at Kemper Arena and I decided to attend an evening session. This was one of the years when the Big 12 was dominant, with Oklahoma, Iowa State and Kansas State all ranked in the top 10.

At halftime of one of the games, I was talking with some fans of Kansas State. I was discussing NC State and Kay Yow and our proud program and one of the older ladies said "And they have such beautiful blue uniforms!". I looked at her like she was growing a second head and just stopped talking.

I had another reason for going to the Big 12 Tournament. For many years leading up to that, I had kept up an e-mail correspondence with Mechelle Voepel, and she offered to talk with me at the tournament if I attended. I thought it was nice of her to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule to discuss WCBB and NC State with me.
You think that’s bad? I have a friend that lives in New Mexico and he’s constantly asked if he needs a passport to visit his home state of New York.

Reaction Score
I remind our friends that are fans of other teams that you are currently on the UConn women board, not the neutral board. You may hear stuff you don’t like and you don’t get to lecture us about it here.
I second you, Nan. But loneycafe had a point in rolling his eyes at CONN78SEJ's attribution of UConn's loss in Raleigh to UNC rather than to the Wolfpack.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You think that’s bad? I have a friend that lives in New Mexico and he’s constantly asked if he needs a passport to visit his home state of New York.
Not to get off track Nan, but when I had a couple from New Mexico buying a home here in Vegas the escrow officer asked them for their passports so she could enter it in the Foreign National section of the paperwork. The couple both stated at the same time that New Mexico is in the U.S., the young lady kind of looked at them like yeah right, so they provided their drivers license to prove it. When we left I apologized for the incident, they both laughed and stated it happens all of the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom