Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 358 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
When presented with the opportunity to link up with UCF, Cincy, BYU and Houston, Colorado couldn't resist.

Reaction Score
That’s what I’m thinking. Part of the deal will be that Notre Dame keeps their home games on NBC.

I think that was always the assumption. ND may join the Big 10, but on their terms. I think there will be some capitulation on both sides with NBC keeping a few ND games and maybe adding some Big 10 games as well.

If this is going to work, Fox, ND and NBC all have to work together.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

6D222469-242E-4FA0-9C8B-CC4C895DB334.jpeg

Cool.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UConn's best (only) chance is backfilling the ACC. Depending on who leaves, you may end up with a new BE v3.0. ACC minus UNC, Duke, FSU, Clemson, ND, and Miami (to B12) looks a lot like the old BE.

Reaction Score

->“The next decision,” one industry insider told Sports Illustrated, “really rests with Notre Dame.” That same person speculated the decision could come “in a week, or six months, or a year from now. We don’t know.” <-

-> A source familiar with the school’s thinking told Sports Illustrated that “independence remains the preference and the leader in the clubhouse.” It will take a lot to move Notre Dame off its cherished identity, but the instability of the entire landscape remains a concern, and could further affect the Irish outlook. <-

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

->“The next decision,” one industry insider told Sports Illustrated, “really rests with Notre Dame.” That same person speculated the decision could come “in a week, or six months, or a year from now. We don’t know.” <-

-> A source familiar with the school’s thinking told Sports Illustrated that “independence remains the preference and the leader in the clubhouse.” It will take a lot to move Notre Dame off its cherished identity, but the instability of the entire landscape remains a concern, and could further affect the Irish outlook. <-

I believe they are staying independent and milking NBC for a much larger contract.

Reaction Score
I think that was always the assumption. ND may join the Big 10, but on their terms. I think there will be some capitulation on both sides with NBC keeping a few ND games and maybe adding some Big 10 games as well.

There is absolutely no way in heaven or hell that ND will be dictating terms to the B1G, not when you have conference members with a bigger reach than ND.

It is absolutely and simply not going to happen. No possible way.

Reaction Score
No matter what happens, ND will always have a seat at the big boys table. Knowing ND, they will get a set up where they get to play the winner of the SEC/B1G playoff game for the National Championship every year.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
There is absolutely no way in heaven or hell that ND will be dictating terms to the B1G, not when you have conference members with a bigger reach than ND.

It is absolutely and simply not going to happen. No possible way.

If ND decides it wants Stanford, Stanford will be part of the Big10. If ND wants to have NBC in on the media deal, they will be part of the Big10. If ND and USC want to be the last game of the year? ND will be in the Big10. If ND wants games every year with USC and UCLA? ND will be in the Big10. If ND wants to play Navy on a certain week of the year? ND will be in the Big10.

No, they won’t get a bigger piece of the pie, but each school brings certain items they want dealt with. Right now, ND can dictate those terms. If they stay indy and get less money for the next 10 years, the world of NIL will eat them alive. Michigan is already having issues with NIL because they won’t give the NIL money to incoming freshman. Right now they have 8 recruits and ranked 13th out of 14 in the Big10. All after winning the Big10 and going to the playoff. Are they wrong? No, I don’t think so but their unwillingness to play the game is killing then. ND needs that money now, not in 10 years. If the projected payouts are what they are predicting, $100 million is the floor. Whether it’s the SEC or the Big10, they need to act now.

Reaction Score
If ND decides it wants Stanford, Stanford will be part of the Big10. If ND wants to have NBC in on the media deal, they will be part of the Big10. If ND and USC want to be the last game of the year? ND will be in the Big10. If ND wants games every year with USC and UCLA? ND will be in the Big10. If ND wants to play Navy on a certain week of the year? ND will be in the Big10.

No, they won’t get a bigger piece of the pie, but each school brings certain items they want dealt with. Right now, ND can dictate those terms. If they stay indy and get less money for the next 10 years, the world of NIL will eat them alive. Michigan is already having issues with NIL because they won’t give the NIL money to incoming freshman. Right now they have 8 recruits and ranked 13th out of 14 in the Big10. All after winning the Big10 and going to the playoff. Are they wrong? No, I don’t think so but their unwillingness to play the game is killing then. ND needs that money now, not in 10 years. If the projected payouts are what they are predicting, $100 million is the floor. Whether it’s the SEC or the Big10, they need to act now.
The original post said ND gets a couple of games to maintain its contract (i.e. a bigger piece of the pie)

No way

Reaction Score
The original post said ND gets a couple of games to maintain its contract (i.e. a bigger piece of the pie)

No way
In the Big Ten or SEC we would be an equal. Just like Michigan and OSU. I would welcome it really, but we shall see if it happens.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Btw, I went back to the beginning of this thread and noticed we nuked all of the posts from the date Louisville got in the ACC for about four months after that. What was that all about?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The Mouse owns the rights to the SEC and ACC, and they are in the GOR. So if they feel Clemson, Florida St, and Miami are better off in the SEC they will go.
This is true but there is an issue to consider here, in the background of all of this is a battle between Fox & ESPN on gaining media control of the most valuable assets.

If ESPN makes it easy for the handful of top tier assets to leave the ACC, roughly half of those assets will depart for Fox controlled Big ten/whatever number they land on.

ESPN will not only need to determine the value to them of a larger/greater SEC and a smaller/lesser ACC, this equation will also need to include their competition adding top tier assets.

Reaction Score
No matter what happens, ND will always have a seat at the big boys table. Knowing ND, they will get a set up where they get to play the winner of the SEC/B1G playoff game for the National Championship every year.
No way that's happening.

Reaction Score

Notre Dame via Swarbrick has long said that they would maintain their independence until the point where that was no longer possible. I think we’ve reached that point.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
This is true but there is an issue to consider here, in the background of all of this is a battle between Fox & ESPN on gaining media control of the most valuable assets.

If ESPN makes it easy for the handful of top tier assets to leave the ACC, roughly half of those assets will depart for Fox controlled Big ten/whatever number they land on.

ESPN will not only need to determine the value to them of a larger/greater SEC and a smaller/lesser ACC, this equation will also need to include their competition adding top tier assets.

Does adding Clemson and FSU to the SEC make more money in the playoff contract then keeping other ACC schools away from Fox? Isn’t that the final goal here? Does 2 24 team conferences with ACC schools breaking away from the NCAA make more money then a 20 team and 16 do? I don’t think you can get to a total of 48 without the ACC. The SEC can’t even realistically get to 20 without them. If the breakaway is going to happen soon, then the ACC GoR will have to be breached and ACC teams will have to go to both the SEC and the Big10. UNC,Clemson, FSU and Miami are locks. UVA and Georgia Tech would be very attractive to the Big10. VPI, Pitt, Duke and NCST could work as well.

I’m not sure it does make more money but there’s more to consider than Fox vs ESPN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom