Kenya Hunter to Indiana | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter to Indiana

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I found a Jersey point guard we can support at UCONN. Class of 2023 point guard DJ Wagner out of Camden, NJ. He also happens to be the number ONE player in the class.

#winning FOR WAGNER
Any relation to dajuan

Please, no one tell me Dejuan Wagner is the son of Louisville great Milt Wagner which now makes me old enough to start watching the grandson of one of my first CBB fav's.

Reaction Score
Teams lose assistant coaches all the time, it is weird to Indiana as an assistant though, would seem like a lot less job security and less recognition but assuming better pay. Who are the front runners for assistant coach now?

C

Chief00

I know it’s seems odd to post a “no comment” reaction - but rather than answering one off questions - Chief just wanted everyone to know - that’s still my official position.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Please, no one tell me Dejuan Wagner is the son of Louisville great Milt Wagner which now makes me old enough to start watching the grandson of one of my first CBB fav's.

i remember when people thought he was a better prospect than Caron butler.

you could say Paxson was too good at tanking for Lebron....

Reaction Score
Reaaaaaally hope this doesn't affect Hawkins' commitment
I would hope not. This really rubs me the wrong way. You recruit a kid to come here obviously he wants to play for DH but im sure part of it was the connection and trust he built with Kenya and now hes not even going to be here? Me being Hawkins i wouldnt want to follow that guy anywhere and id stay put in a place that obviously wants me here and has embraced. I dont think Hawkins is going anywhere but i dont like this at all.

Reaction Score
I would hope not. This really rubs me the wrong way. You recruit a kid to come here obviously he wants to play for DH but im sure part of it was the connection and trust he built with Kenya and now hes not even going to be here? Me being Hawkins i wouldnt want to follow that guy anywhere and id stay put in a place that obviously wants me here and has embraced. I dont think Hawkins is going anywhere but i dont like this at all.
If people on the Boneyard knew about this possibility a month or so ago, I am pretty sure Hawkins was aware.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
If making $330K a year is an issue with living in CT. then almost everyone in CT. has an issue.
330 in Indiana might feel like more but who knows and I m not interested in checking the numbers

Reaction Score

Which is why I said it’s a weak move by Kenya especially considering no real salary or prestige increase.

What Big Ten program would hire Hunter as a head coach? None. They know he’s a runner when the going gets tough always seeking the greener pasture. In the midst of a pandemic the guy leaves an elite program that is on the upswing after only 2 years.

This is a guy that supposedly took the UCONN job because he wanted to return to the East Coast only to quickly thereafter go back to the Midwest.

Silly Rabbit Trix are for Kids

Reaction Score
Strange move in my opinion. Besides the friendship with Miller, Indiana seems like way less of an appealing program than a UConn squad on the rise at it re enters the big East right now. Strange Kenya wouldn’t want to be a part of that. I cud see if ky, unc, or duke were calling , but to lose him to Indiana? Really? And after he just landed us a big recruit? Weird to me how he wouldn’t want to be a part of this years even better rebuild. What’s the urgency to rush to Indiana? Smh , but best wishes Kenya

Reaction Score
He's bffs with Archie Miller and thinks he can be higher on the totem pole there with a clearer path to getting a head coach gig.
It is what it is..I think you nailed it.. Will have better long range earning potential while waiting for his shot.. Wish him well..

Reaction Score
We've still got Tom, a proven ace recruiter. He'll carry us until....

Reaction Score
how about Tristan Thompson? just thinking any NBA players looking to pivot career, that know Hurley, that are big men....

Reaction Score
Strange move in my opinion. Besides the friendship with Miller, Indiana seems like way less of an appealing program than a UConn squad on the rise at it re enters the big East right now. Strange Kenya wouldn’t want to be a part of that. I cud see if ky, unc, or duke were calling , but to lose him to Indiana? Really? And after he just landed us a big recruit? Weird to me how he wouldn’t want to be a part of this years even better rebuild. What’s the urgency to rush to Indiana? Smh , but best wishes Kenya
Coaching in a big ten school is an upgrade. I can't imagine anyone turning that offer down.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We've still got Tom, a proven ace recruiter. He'll carry us until....
Didn't our three assistants just bring in a 4 star apiece? Our recruiting isn't monolithic and we have a exciting, rising program to sell. Next!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom