Kenya Hunter to Indiana | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter to Indiana

Reaction Score
Good luck to Kenya. It’s a dumb move by him long term. UCONN is on the rise and moving to the BEAST.

UCONN showing sucess in the Big East and Bouknight, AJacks, and Hawk becoming lottery picks would have done wonders for his aspirations to become a head coach at a somewhat decent program.

PS: Very weak and sad move.

Reaction Score
Good luck to Kenya. It’s a dumb move by him long term. UCONN is on the rise and moving to the BEAST.

UCONN showing sucess in the Big East and Bouknight, AJacks, and Hawk becoming lottery picks would have done wonders for his aspirations to become a head coach at a somewhat decent program.

Are you sure it wasn't smart? He had 2 NJ PG's at UConn and none at Indiana, seems like a smart move

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Accepting an assistant coaching job at Indiana being a “dumb move long term” is a new low for the boneyard.

Reaction Score

The rest of your post, especially the part where you call it “weak and sad,” sort of undermines the “good luck.”

Reaction Score
I think the staff will still recruit very well more worried about the big man aspect of it. He seemed to be improving our front court players and I think that may be tougher to replace than someone who can recruit well.

Reaction Score
I would feel a hell of a lot worse if the thread said "Dan Hurley to Indiana." As long as it doesn't say that, I'm good.

I know Kenya was well regarded and brought in Hawkins but as long as the guy in the big seat is here, I'm not worried. When schools are poaching your assistants it means you have good assistants. I'm sure he'll find the right guy to fill the seat.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I can’t believe Chief hasn’t chimed in yet with the inevitable “bring back Clyde.”
I was waiting to see which of his vague posts he'd claim predicted this.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
It was bound to happen sooner or later. It shows that we are worth poaching from again.

Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but I’m done with the program being a staffing agency for former players. Previous administration soured me on that. Get the best person for the job regardless of previous connections to the program.

I think the decisions Hurley made in regards to recruits and assistants and other hires so far has been great. If he chooses a former player like Taliek it’s because he believes taliek is ready for the job. And if he doesn’t, he will make a great hire from the outside. You are right that just because someone played at uconn that they should not automatically be considered for a job, but they also shouldn’t be eliminated from it either.

Reaction Score

Good god. If Kenya isnt smart enough to avoid a 'dumb move' for him and his family, we wouldnt want him anyway. Im sure this makes sense for him for some reason. Good luck to him

Reaction Score
I wish we wouldn’t bash the decision here. He loved the Big Ten with Nebraska. He’s extremely close to Archie Miller. Let’s face it, cheaper and better place to live than Eastern CT. We all should know that Storrs is kinda lacking. It was clearly a personal, family decision for him. Wish him luck and move on.

Reaction Score
I think the decisions Hurley made in regards to recruits and assistants and other hires so far has been great. If he chooses a former player like Taliek it’s because he believes taliek is ready for the job. And if he doesn’t, he will make a great hire from the outside. You are right that just because someone played at uconn that they should not automatically be considered for a job, but they also shouldn’t be eliminated from it either.
I love Taleik, but we need someone who can continue to develop bigs. Can he do that?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I love Taleik, but we need someone who can continue to develop bigs. Can he do that?
That's my concern as well, but like others I'm sure DH has got this.

Reaction Score
How does this change our standing specifically with any recruits he has been working for UCONN. I'd imagine guys that have not committed he can try to pull to IU? What about guys that have committed and have yet to sign? Are we in danger of losing these guys in our 2021 class? That's what I'm most concerned with but admittedly know little about.

Reaction Score
There is a rumor that Kenya took a pay cut to go to Indiana. Has that been confirmed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom