Kenya Hunter Potential Replacement | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter Potential Replacement

Reaction Score
But the thing is everything in this post except for the 2 years at Penn State was true 2 years ago, and Hurley obviously didn’t think he was one of the top 3 candidates back then when he filled 3 openings.

It just seems odd that those 2 years at Penn State would elevate him from a level where he was not in the top 3 candidates, to the top candidate now, but if tcf is correct and we missed on Webster, we may be past first choice.

Two years ago we were in a much more precarious position in the AAC and losing in all aspects.

The move to the Big East, Bouk’s elevation as a star and getting big time recruits again puts us in a position to take a chance on guys. The effects aren’t as costly. Hurley is looking for loyalty and longevity in this pick.

PS: If BigTenKen hadn’t left this obviously wouldn’t have been necessary.

Reaction Score
One of the insiders said 90% of the people here would be happy with the hire..seems to me that 90% of the people here think we could have done better. So who is wrong here..?
Penn state board made it seem that talks between UConn and Webster broke down Sometime today opening up the door for KFree.

Reaction Score
Penn state board made it seem that talks between UConn and Webster broke down Sometime today opening up the door for KFree.
Well hopefully KFree kills it here. If he doesn't and we have to "force" him to move on to a new role, I can't imagine the basketball alumni will be pleased with Hurley.

C

Chief00

These are the waters Chief must navigate for our beloved Casual Fans.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The plus side to KFree is that we know he'll be here for awhile, and he should be hungry to prove himself among the best young coaches.

What is the DMV plan now?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

That why you write a job description with requirements and desires.

Reaction Score
The good news is regardless of how we felt initially, KFree is a guy we can all easily get behind. I would have gone in a different direction but am really happy to welcome back one of our own.

Reaction Score
Can we please chill on the hysteria and trust the Carpenter..This is getting exhausting.. Imagine if the favorite for the job didn't know how to coach Bigs??What would Yarders be saying then??Kenya made his decision..Let's turn the page..

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's appears obvious that DH feels that the void left by Hunter can be filled within the team of staff on board already. KFree may not be the dream choice by many on here but in some ways it make sense for a few reasons:
Money, KFree's love of UConn and its someone that DH can foster and meld. Maybe its something DH is looking forward to doing. IF the team and it's current roster has the success that many feel it will, the recruiting gets so much easier so a rock star is not all that necessary.
If it's KFree I'm all for it, if not I'm for that also
NOBODY here knows what DH is thinking, knows the inside issues, etc.
Some dolt said - If KFree didn't play at UConn would he be considered? That's not the point Einstein - because he did its a huge advantage.

Reaction Score
If Hurley chooses Kevin Freeman it’s because he wants Kevin Freeman. And if Hurley wants him, I want him too.

there’s hundreds of other options out there if Hurley didn’t want Freeman. I really don’t think Hurley is under any pressure to hire a uconn guy.

Reaction Score
If Hurley chooses Kevin Freeman it’s because he wants Kevin Freeman. And if Hurley wants him, I want him too.

there’s hundreds of other options out there if Hurley didn’t want Freeman. I really don’t think Hurley is under any pressure to hire a uconn guy.

or it’s because we couldn’t get our first choice Webster.

C

Chief00

It's appears obvious that DH feels that the void left by Hunter can be filled within the team of staff on board already. KFree may not be the dream choice by many on here but in some ways it make sense for a few reasons:
Money, KFree's love of UConn and its someone that DH can foster and meld. Maybe its something DH is looking forward to doing. IF the team and it's current roster has the success that many feel it will, the recruiting gets so much easier so a rock star is not all that necessary.
If it's KFree I'm all for it, if not I'm for that also
NOBODY here knows what DH is thinking, knows the inside issues, etc.
Some dolt said - If KFree didn't play at UConn would he be considered? That's not the point Einstein - because he did its a huge advantage.
Well stated.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
But the thing is everything in this post except for the 2 years at Penn State was true 2 years ago, and Hurley obviously didn’t think he was one of the top 3 candidates back then when he filled 3 openings.

It just seems odd that those 2 years at Penn State would elevate him from a level where he was not in the top 3 candidates, to the top candidate now, but if tcf is correct and we missed on Webster, we may be past first choice.

Well, you'd expect an employee to grow over a two year period and be able to handle tasks now they weren't fully able to do 2 years prior.

I'd feel much differently if KFree was a 55 year old assistant with 25 years coaching two years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom