Kansas Post Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Kansas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Everyone goes through shooting slumps. He will get it fixed. It looked to like he was aiming some of those open threes. He and Spencer both had a bad shooting night and we almost beat the pre season #1 in their house. Not talking morale victories but this loss does not hurt us. One game at a time. I was not sure in the first half but if anyone who watched that game thinks Kansas is better then they are clueless. I think if we play them full strength 100 times on a neutral court we beat the at least y out of ten. They had bad three point shooters making shots. They had bad free throw shooters making free throws and we had very good shooters missing open shot playing at 50% of their efficiency and we almost won the game. Let’s be patient we AK he will always struggle guarding anyone 6’8” and bigger who is athletic. Tonight that person happened to be a great defender and he gave AK problems. He has spoiled us but I know he will there later in the year when we need him.
We won games earlier this year even with poor to mediocre three point shooting cuz we were feasting at the rim. We had a team that shut that down and had no answer for it. We can’t have two shooters off in a big game

Reaction Score
Dickinson/Adams vs Clingan Karaban was the difference. Clingan needs to learn the low post, Karaban needs to learn more of a versatile game.
Karaban just needs to either focus on getting stronger OR slicker and faster. The big tough 4s are his issue. He needs to pick his lane. I say the modern Mchale/worthy. Get slick.

Reaction Score
Just hold the like button and make an angry face.

Tristen was doubled at the top of the key…would you have preferred a forced shot, or a pass to Diarra?
I would have preferred a two man game w Newton and Clingan. And worst case, Tristen hit like 4 late clock 3s tonight. Would have even preferred that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
When you need start getting concerned is when bad habits start becoming trends or when there is no improvement throughout the year.

I think we’ll be good. Just need everyone to be healthy and then we can get this monkey off our back

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Kansas was the better team. Newton was making some high difficulty shots to even keep them treading water in the first half. The defense did travel as usual. Just need more scoring from the younger guys.
Kansas was the better team tonight. But no way they are the better team. They won the game so they played better tonight slightly. But they had bad three point shooters making three pointers they had bad free throw shooters making free throws. Conversely we had very good shooters miss open shots (see AK and CS). We had great free throw shooters missing free throws (see TN and CS).

Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree. Clingan just looks sluggish and Karaban struggles with athletes and just wasnt aggressive offensively and add that his shot just looks off and no bueno. I do admit his shot did look a bit better. Didnt have that weird wind up.
So you’re agreeing they underperformed? They can’t create their own offense against level competition is a concern to keep an eye on. I give credit to Clingan on defense, but we need more production from both on offense

Reaction Score
“Very important win”. You okay now?
UNC just dropped 100 points on Tennessee.

Huskies maybe get Castle back for limited minutes and we have no idea what's up with Cam. You'll be OK when you downgrade this early December non-con game to "nice 1 to get".

Reaction Score
Incredible fight from Huskies & grat road game learning experience for this team. Will pay huge dividends over time.

Reaction Score
What?!!! Karaban, Clingan and Spencer went 10-31. Thats your game right there.
Kansas has active bigs and wings. They were quick on switches and with denial. We needed another guard tonight.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Can’t believe everyone is giving Spencer crap about the last shot when we had three guys take free throws. Three guys. And then missed a bunch. If we got more guys to the line, we win. If they threw that got there we win. That’s a concerning trend that needs to be addressed

Reaction Score
I would have preferred a two man game w Newton and Clingan. And worst case, Tristen hit like 4 late clock 3s tonight. Would have even preferred that.
It looked like that’s what they tried to do. I agree, I wanted the PnR with DC as well, KU played it really well. they met him above the 3 point line, rather than waiting for the roll.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
How do I dislike this?? Cam was awful tonight and never should have been the one taking the last shot. Tristen needed to create there.
Agreed you have to let TN take that last shot. Just don’t get the last play. I ok with it if Spencer had been hitting any of his threes but he had no legs in his shot tonight. So I really don’t get that last play. Not with how Cam was shooting. Clearly he was playing through some pain. He could not jump.

Reaction Score
We should’ve won. But I thought to myself right before Cam missed the potential game winner, “man, this is fun.” Just an awesome game to watch and it feels great that we get to experience these types of games.

Not worried in the least. We’ll be the better team come March. And the guys showed real heart and grit tonight. Proud of em.
You want to lose now to a top 5 team.

Reaction Score
The numbers look decent, but it was very inefficient.

AK coming off a very good freshman season, I think all of us expect more.
He was fine before the last 2 games. Some people always overreact to the very recent game or games. I'm confident he will get it back together shortly.

His game by game stats. He was pretty good the first 6 games.

Reaction Score
Do the women and men have the same trainer? Maybe that is our biggest concern. We seem to be pretty damn good, when healthy.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
If we lose that game this place will be an insane asylum. I don’t care what yall say. We need to win that game.
This place being an insane asylum, and the team "needing" to win that game don't even touch on a venn diagram.

As pointed out, UNC just put up 100 v Tennessee

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom