Kansas Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Kansas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Ive thunk it. I was on here warning people about AK but it was the "well he just had an off game". He has not looked good the last couple of games. Not just with his shot but poor decisions and bad defense which just seems to be who he is. I think he simply has trouble dealing with athleticsm and starts to rush and panic causing the poor play and fouls. Not good.
His shot is off, usually we can overlook the defense cuz he’s banging 3-4 threes a game

Reaction Score
Ive thunk it. I was on here warning people about AK but it was the "well he just had an off game". He has not looked good the last couple of games. Not just with his shot but poor decisions and bad defense which just seems to be who he is. I think he simply has trouble dealing with athleticsm and starts to rush and panic causing the poor play and fouls. Not good.
It will get better. Bad games happen. This was a good team and hostile environment. I am betting on the kid using this as motivation.

Reaction Score
With this team healthy, we’re fine. We’d beat them home or away
Healthy and playing even just our B game we win by 10 points. Two things i got from this team tonight is 1. Uconn when right is at least 10 points better than Kansas and most of the teams in the top 10 and 2. DH has become a great coach. No more out coaching him down the stretch in tight games. I thought he coached a great game tonight.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
noted. keep thunking it.

Reaction Score
Kansas was the better team. Newton was making some high difficulty shots to even keep them treading water in the first half. The defense did travel as usual. Just need more scoring from the younger guys.

Reaction Score
No way is it a must win lol. I expect to win but it’s not a must win
If we lose that game this place will be an insane asylum. I don’t care what yall say. We need to win that game.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Karaban 's offense is off of catch and shoot 3s, Texas game notwithstanding. Kansas's pressure and switching negated a lot of that.
Everyone goes through shooting slumps. He will get it fixed. It looked to like he was aiming some of those open threes. He and Spencer both had a bad shooting night and we almost beat the pre season #1 in their house. Not talking morale victories but this loss does not hurt us. One game at a time. I was not sure in the first half but if anyone who watched that game thinks Kansas is better then they are clueless. I think if we play them full strength 100 times on a neutral court we beat the at least y out of ten. They had bad three point shooters making shots. They had bad free throw shooters making free throws and we had very good shooters missing open shot playing at 50% of their efficiency and we almost won the game. Let’s be patient we AK he will always struggle guarding anyone 6’8” and bigger who is athletic. Tonight that person happened to be a great defender and he gave AK problems. He has spoiled us but I know he will there later in the year when we need him.

Reaction Score
No way is it a must win lol. I expect to win but it’s not a must win
No game is a must win for this team if your talking about making the tourney, seeding wise we need to beat big teams out of conference.

Reaction Score
Happy to see Clingan playing with some heart against a potential All American. Neutral court we win 7 easily.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
9/14 from 3. The guy that was 4-16 from the line goes 6-9. McCullar less than 30% from 3, hits 3-4. Dickinson hits 3-4 from 3.

Let me know when they do that again this year.
I knew a response like this was coming. Their shots were in their offense, a lot of ours were bailouts. We shot 10% better from 3 than what we were coming in. But you, of course, omitted that fact. My point was that they run a nice offense to get open shots.

Either way, I am on board with the general takeaway....we are the better team without Castle. With him, we are probably the best in the country with one of the highest ceilings.

We have yet to really see Cam, Tristen, and AK all go off together in a meaningful game.

Reaction Score
Take aways, hopefully Cam doesn't have a broken foot. Not a coincidence his threes came up short except the one he had forward momentum dribbling. Announcers said Clingan was grimacing at his foot too. Kansas shot 64% from deep and we had a shot to win the game or tie after Diarra got hosed on a foul call that they called a turnover away in a loud and raucous arena. Given the way things went in the first half, I think we showed a ton of resilience. We need the guys healthy for conference play, priority number 1.

I think we should have mixed in a bunch more zone to stutter their offense and switch back to man after a couple possessions.

Reaction Score
Tristen Newton is our best player, that is abundantly clear. He is the only one who played well.

That was mistake by Hurley to have Cam take that potential game winning 3 at the end. Newton had the hot hand and it should have been Newton to take that shot.

Spencer, Karaban, and Clingan struggle against super athletic teams. We have a lack of athleticism and foot speed.

PS: We lost a lot of athleticism from last years team and it shows.
The ball was in Newton’s hand and he passed it to Cam. How do you blame Hurley for that?

Reaction Score
Tough loss but it’s December. We’re good and will get better. Tristen was unbelievable. On to the next one.
No castle. Spencer hurt. Clingan hurt and gassed. I say this is wash. Only issue was 3 missed calls in a row at around 10 minutes in the second half.

Reaction Score
Zero chance, huh? I’m fine with the shot. Might’ve preferred we try to attack the basket but Cam was open and it’s a shot he usually hits. He gritted his way through the game, would’ve loved to see him hit it.
Yes, zero chance. That was not the play to run there. Cam had nothing tonight. Nothing against him but you cannot expect him to make that shot with the night he had.

Reaction Score
The game felt like a win when it isn’t.
I’m proud of this team, it has heart of champion. We are right there to take it at the end in a hostile environment when Kansas shot out of their minds.

Tristen Newton is our best player.
And not even a big east mention when right now he’d be poy.

Reaction Score
Kansas was the better team. Newton was making some high difficulty shots to even keep them treading water in the first half. The defense did travel as usual. Just need more scoring from the younger guys.
What?!!! Karaban, Clingan and Spencer went 10-31. Thats your game right there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom