Kansas Post Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Kansas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Ball is giving us very little. I'd have lijed to have seen them at least try to bring in someone off the bench with Spencer hobbling and nearly everyone ourside of Newton playing horribly
The fact that no one else got any run when Spencer couldn't even plant his foot says a lot. He was a liability out there and hurley still thought he was a better option than anyone else on the bench.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Give Stewart and Ross a chance especially given the situation. Danny needs to loosen up a little in a situation like this not be so tight. Works against you sometimes. Just my take
What have Ross or Stewart shown so far this season that makes you think they would have played well? Neither of them are ready.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen enough of Kansas to say that their team is poorly constructed. Dickinson is great but their guards are horrible shooters. They are my pick to get upset early in the tourney. They will not shoot over 60% from threes in a game again.
I don't know much about basketball but my eyes tell me Kansas won't be there at end and we will.

Reaction Score
We’re not very deep. Samson and Diarra only. Ball is not close to being a starter
Every game is different dude. Different games call for different performances. Stop with these definitive evaluations.

Reaction Score
The loss of Adama is bigger than we thought.
Not for me and I am not that smart. I knew Adama was a big loss. He put the team on his back in several games when a key basket was needed. Hell the guy was MOP of the Final Four. Adama, AJax, Hawk, Alleyne, and Calcaterra were huge losses. Having said all of that UConn will be just fine as long they can maintain their health. Praying to the basketball Gods Spencer and Clingan don’t miss any time with injuries.

Reaction Score
What have Ross or Stewart shown so far this season that makes you think they would have played well? Neither of them are ready.
I’ve seen flashes of offensive ability from both of them. What makes you think they are completely incapable of contributing in a big game? They are both Top 100 recruits. They have skills that warranted that ability. I think Dan was coaching a little too tight. JMO.

You have Cam hobbling around and can’t hit the broadside of the barn, you give Stewey a chance to see what he can do. You have nothing to lose in that situation, literally

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Not for me and I am not that smart. I knew Adama was a big loss. He put the team on his back in several games when a key basket was needed. Hell the guy was MOP of the Final Four. Adama, AJax, Hawk, Alleyne, and Calcaterra were huge losses. Having said all of that UConn will be just fine as long they can maintain their health. Praying to the basketball Gods Spencer and Clingan don’t miss any time with injuries.

Adama and Jackson seemed to have on court charisma. Not sure how else to put it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
KJ Adams’ defense really took Karaban out of his game tonight.
I tried to tell people this was a bad matchup for Alex and nobody believed me.

Great game, great atmosphere. Tremendous defense from both teams. Both were frustrated at not being able to run normal offense. Newton had an epic game and hit so many difficult late in the clock shots. Most matchups as I expected but Cam was a bit of a no show. Both Dickinson and Harris took more outside shots as expected. McCullar had a slow first half and hit huge shots late and that was the game really.

i didn’t see any one sided officiating. It was pretty neutral. Atmosphere was great and every UConn fan I talked to after came away with positive impressions of the experience despite the loss. That is what it is all about. These are games.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
There were some no calls but they generally just let the guys play. The atmosphere played more of a role than the refs.
Totally agree. Spencer missed two FTs after missing none all year and Newton missed 2 of 3 late. That was the crowd effect. Far more important than the refs.

Reaction Score
I tried to tell people this was a bad matchup for Alex and nobody believed me.

Great game, great atmosphere. Tremendous defense from both teams. Both were frustrated at not being able to run normal offense. Newton had an epic game and hit so many difficult late in the clock shots. Most matchups as I expected but Cam was a bit of a no show. Both Dickinson and Harris took more outside shots as expected. McCullar had a slow first half and hit huge shots late and that was the game really.

i didn’t see any one sided officiating. It was pretty neutral. Atmosphere was great and every UConn fan I talked to after came away with positive impressions of the experience despite the loss. That is what it is all about. These are games.
Welcome back from the game. I believed you about KJ Adams vs Karaban and even cited you in the McLovin thread that previewed the game.

Reaction Score
Well one guy had a good game and we almost won while they shot sick from 3 for Kansas. I think they feel lucky
What a bizarre game. First half KU plays out of their minds and goin in with a 7 point lead. Thats it. A lot of other teams are down 15+ going in at the half. This game really shows that this team if it eventually does get fully healthy and running on all cylinders could put on a repeat of last year. I mean if that 3 goes down KU loses. In their house, shooting crazy from 3 while 3 of our best players dont show up and a 4th isnt even on the court and they win by 4? This team healthy with guys showing up wins by 15. I really hope we get this team to fulfill its immense potential. I really hope to see it. btw DH coached a great game last night.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Hate the loss, kind of love the game. This was always penciled in as a loss for me. We were impacted by the hostile environment from the jump. We settled in and almost took a stranglehold on that game in the second half. Kudos to Kansas, they hit a bunch of big shots the whole game and when it mattered.

I've honestly never felt so great about a loss. I watched it with one Kanas fan in the group and he was like yeah, I don't want to face you again.

My other Kansas buddy I didn't watch with basically said UConn will run them out of the building if they meet again.

We're really good and gonna get a whole lot better.
Yep. Lots of mutual respect in the arena. Except maybe for Hurley who went a but nuts for no reason I could see. We can’t rely on Newton having games like that. We need to fix that. Some issues were exposed, Castle fixes some of those.

KU had issues and was looking for solutions. I said before Hunter and Harris can shoot, they need to take more 3s until Jackson or Timberlake contribute. Well they did. Donovan forced that in many ways.

It was a fantastic college basketball game. Both teams will benefit from having played it. Our guys got to play someplace louder and more hostile than they will ever face again. That’s useful. It’s no coincidence that Cam missed two FTs in row after missing none and Newton misssed too. We are tougher now and better prepared for Gonzaga.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Totally agree. Spencer missed two FTs after missing none all year and Newton missed 2 of 3 late. That was the crowd effect. Far more important than the refs.
Only two calls bothered me, the foul on Karaban on the lob pass was really really bad.

On the next possession, Alex got an O board and went up immediately and got roofed by Dickinson. That should have been Hunter’s third.

There was a lot of time left in the 2nd half and it would have changed the game.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
First time?
I am pretty sure it was the failed oop over AKs head. I don't recall seeing a decent replay, but that looked like AK was an innocent bystander. That was a strange call that definitely impacted the game...obvi Alex nails the winner if he's in.

Overall, Danny got to yell and the refs let the kids duke it out till the end.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
We played like absolute dogisht and had a chance to win the game. I hate that we lost but it’s hard to be too upset about it.

Credit to KU, I thought their defense, especially in the first half, was tremendous. They seemed to get some confidence offensively from their crowd, too, but I wasn’t particularly blown away by them on that end.

Newton was a stud. The kid just shows up. I thought Karaban was terrible. Just really bad. I know people will look at the 10-6 or whatever it was to say he had a good game but that was a complete no-show from my vantage point. Clingan was about what I expected. Dickinson didn’t win them the game.

I hope Spencer’s injury is not too serious. I’ll be honest, I hated that shot at the end. If he’s playing a normal game that’s one thing but he’s on one foot and that shot looked short as soon as it left his hand. Let Newton attack the rim and make something happen.

Free throws. Ridiculous.

All things considered the fact that they can play a C- game at Allen Field House and still have a shot at it says something about this team’s ceiling. Heart of a champion as Bilas said.

Lot of new posters tonight, to no one’s surprise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom