OT: - Kansas Infractions Ruling Tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Kansas Infractions Ruling Tomorrow

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What will happen first: UConn gets into a Power conference, or Kansas faces an actual legitimate punishment for all of their shadiness?

Reaction Score
I don’t know much about craft beer but I know enough about Vegas to tell you that you will need to get off the strip. The same street that serves strawberry daiquiris by the yard won’t have the quality of beer you want. Probably have to head downtown.

We went to BrewDog when we were there. Its a "chain" brewery but they have solid beers and a nice rooftop location. Probably will be as good as it gets for a "brewery" atmosphere on the strip...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was the most absurd thing in the history of NCAA infractions. It was for behavior retroactive to a rule change as well.

And for year for which we had already been punished.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yep - now look at SMU
ACC Bound!!!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
For stuff that’s now ok? Unlikely to be even close to that. It will be interesting because it’s IARP. This is what they gave Arizona.

Big difference is that Zona fired Miller. Kansas doubled down on Self. That's got to count for something

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Big difference is that Zona fired Miller. Kansas doubled down on Self. That's got to count for something
Yep, and my "source" such as it is, thought Self was going to be fired. They were closer to David Beaty's situation (football coach) happening at the same time, and he was fired. But as with Ollie, infractions + being bad at your job makes it easier.

Reaction Score
I know a wealthy Kansas fan who thinks the school and coach are being unfairly treated. He saw nothing unusual or wrong about the extension of Self's contract nor the clause that says Self cannot be fired for any actions or violations that may have occurred in the past.
That clause is probably the reason a new contract was signed so they could give him a guarantee he would not be fired for any past offenses.......not sure if it shelters him from future violations though.
People that know the fan think he's the most likeable and generous guy. I guess you can be that way when your family has owned many grain elevators for decades..........and you can close your mind to the reality that your coach is a crook.
He did not, by the way, call or email me with congratulations on UConn's 2023 National Championship. He had told me during the season that Kansas would win it...........maybe he didn't donate enough.

Reaction Score
Self knowingly just brought a person onto the KU campus who had a history of violence towards women just because he was a 4-star player.

This guy brutally assaulted a young women within months of arriving at KU. Her life will now be full of nearly irreparable trauma.

Screw Bill Self. Disgusting slimeball & I hope he's pressured to resign for his poor decisionmaking.

Reaction Score
Here's the ruling. In a shocking (to no one) about face by the NCAA, the most egregious violations (Self's FIVE Level I violations) were all downgraded.

"The long-awaited Kansas men’s basketball infractions case ruling is in, and the Jayhawks are walking away unscathed.

In a decision announced Wednesday, the NCAA’s Independent Accountability Review Process (IARP) led to a downgrade in the severity of the five Level I allegations against the program, ultimately judging this a Level II case. The Independent Resolution Panel gave Kansas a three-year probation, with no effect on the program’s postseason status. Head coach Bill Self, who was initially charged with a Level I violation and was suspended for four games last season, was instead charged with a Level III violation and no additional penalties. Assistant coach Kurtis Townsend, who was suspended four games last year as well, also had his charges reduced from Level I to a Level II and a Level III violation, with no additional penalties. Neither coach faces a show-cause order, which could have been applicable for Level I violations."

Reaction Score
Here's the ruling. In a shocking (to no one) about face by the NCAA, the most egregious violations (Self's FIVE Level I violations) were all downgraded.

"The long-awaited Kansas men’s basketball infractions case ruling is in, and the Jayhawks are walking away unscathed.

In a decision announced Wednesday, the NCAA’s Independent Accountability Review Process (IARP) led to a downgrade in the severity of the five Level I allegations against the program, ultimately judging this a Level II case. The Independent Resolution Panel gave Kansas a three-year probation, with no effect on the program’s postseason status. Head coach Bill Self, who was initially charged with a Level I violation and was suspended for four games last season, was instead charged with a Level III violation and no additional penalties. Assistant coach Kurtis Townsend, who was suspended four games last year as well, also had his charges reduced from Level I to a Level II and a Level III violation, with no additional penalties. Neither coach faces a show-cause order, which could have been applicable for Level I violations."

The NCAA:

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Reaction Score
So committing violations when the rule existed, but then the rule changed, and the violations are retroactively unenforced.

But committing violations when the rule didn't exist (APR), is retroactively enforced.

Very cool!

Reaction Score
They had to vacate their 2018 Final Four, which I think means their postseason streak is technically over...At least, it would be very funny if that technicality is what ends it

Reaction Score

Did anyone expect anything different? Good thing the IARP is being disbanded for being useless.

Reaction Score
Does anyone who works for the NCAA have any degree of ethics?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It's what IARP has done. The NCAA got rid of it because it goes easy on everyone. That's why every school chose IARP once they had that option.

Edit: the KU people are upset because DeSousa was ruled eligible by the NCAA, which is why they played him. I think they did that to UConn once too.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score

Annnnnd...this is why people have other contempt for the NCAA.

I truly believe it's time to disband that organization. It seems like their only function is to spend millions of dollars on the NCAA in fund nonrevenue sports.

CL82

Reaction Score
Did anyone expect anything different? Good thing the IARP is being disbanded for being useless.
That's a good start. The next step is disbanding the NCAA for the same reason.

Reaction Score
It's what IARP has done. The NCAA got rid of it because it goes easy on everyone. That's why every school chose IARP once they had that option.

Edit: the KU people are upset because DeSousa was ruled eligible by the NCAA, which is why they played him. I think they did that to UConn once too.

Oh, the horror of the ruling!
They have to return any trophies they won in 2017-18.
That'll make them think twice before cheating again................

Reaction Score
Annnnnd...this is why people have other contempt for the NCAA.

I truly believe it's time to disband that organization. It seems like their only function is to spend millions of dollars on the NCAA in fund nonrevenue sports.
The P4 will take care of that once they get down to the P3 and don't need any umbrella organization to do their negotiations for the big money contracts.
Their only problem will be maintaining the financial strength of their feeder leagues without depriving themselves of the luxuries currently being enjoyed. May not be enough money to go around in the near future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom