OT: - Kansas Infractions Ruling Tomorrow | The Boneyard

OT: Kansas Infractions Ruling Tomorrow

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Might as well get ahead of this since I'll be hearing about it from @August_West and others no matter what it is. Enjoy, I'm headed to Las Vegas anyway.

The ruling, which comes from a hearing panel appointed by the NCAA as part of its Independent Accountability Resolution Process (IARP), will close multiple chapters in a long-running saga. It is the final infractions case stemming from the 2017 federal investigation of corruption in college basketball, which resulted in major investigations of no fewer than eight programs. It also is the final act by the IARP itself, which was created in response to that corruption scandal but is now being shuttered after heavy criticism for its cost and inefficiency.

Reaction Score
You’ve got to figure that this had some influence in Cooper Flagg canceling his visit altogether. You can smell the stench of Self and his dirty program in Maine. That he got a lifetime contract amidst all of this is so laughable.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Lol why are they waiting to say “bailiff whack his peepee”:eek::rolleyes:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
No car, so I can't get that far away from our hotel(s). There is a brewery in the Venetian (Trustworthy), no idea if anything is good. I considered heading to Tenaya Creek, but probably won't.
Went to Trustworthy in March. Not very good at all. Considering all the good stuff we have around here you'll be very disappointed. In my 4 days in Vegas in restaurants and bars I couldn't find a single better than average beer. Yes, I'm a beer snob. But the beer around there was truly awful. Best thing I had was Hazy Life from Revision Brewing Company at my friend's house that he had in his refrigerator that was left over from a party.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Should be SMU style. death penalty
For stuff that’s now ok? Unlikely to be even close to that. It will be interesting because it’s IARP. This is what they gave Arizona.

The fates of Arizona and Miller continue the IRP's pattern of handing down light punishments in its cases, following the likes of NC State, Memphis and Louisville.

"The Independent Resolution Panel was intentional in not prescribing penalties that would have a negative impact on current student-athletes," its statement said.

Reaction Score
Went to Trustworthy in March. Not very good at all. Considering all the good stuff we have around here you'll be very disappointed. In my 4 days in Vegas in restaurants and bars I couldn't find a single better than average beer. Yes, I'm a beer snob. But the beer around there was truly awful. Best thing I had was Hazy Life from Revision Brewing Company at my friend's house that he had in his refrigerator that was left over from a party.
Spot on. Other than Beer Zombies, there are exactly zero good beer bars or craft breweries in Vegas. @HuskyHawk shame you can’t get over there, because they brew hazies in your wheelhouse. Next time!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
For stuff that’s now ok? Unlikely to be even close to that. It will be interesting because it’s IARP. This is what they gave Arizona.

UConn got a post season ban for APR which isn’t even a thing ever since. You good with that light sentence?

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I don’t know much about craft beer but I know enough about Vegas to tell you that you will need to get off the strip. The same street that serves strawberry daiquiris by the yard won’t have the quality of beer you want. Probably have to head downtown.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I don’t know much about craft beer but I know enough about Vegas to tell you that you will need to get off the strip. The same street that serves strawberry daiquiris by the yard won’t have the quality of beer you want. Probably have to head downtown.
Tenaya Creek looked promising. @karstenkibbe Beer Zombies is very far away.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
slap-on.gif

Reaction Score
UConn got a post season ban for APR which isn’t even a thing ever since. You good with that light sentence?
Or Notre Dame vs UNC. So corrupt, not surprised given their head honcho.

IMO, just because paying players is more or less legal now or despite the fact they should’ve been paid before, that shouldn’t exonerate the bill selfs of the world. You have coaches like this having tons of success at least partially cause they’re cheating for top recruits. While other coaches may be following the rules, don’t pay their top in state recruits, end up losing more than they should, and get fired as a result.

I think the fairest punishment should be to go directly after the salaries of coaches. Take away 50% of Bill Self’s contract over the next few years + fine other top school admins. Penalizing scholarships or even suspending the coach hurts the current players too much. Not sure if the NCAA has that type of oversight though.

Reaction Score
The penalty should be allowing UConn into the Big 12 in all sports.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That was the most absurd thing in the history of NCAA infractions. It was for behavior retroactive to a rule change as well. I don't know what KU will get but I doubt it is a post-season ban. Maybe suspend Self some games and take away a scholarship the next two years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom