Kalbrenner: BE team looking forward to playing "obviously, UConn" | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kalbrenner: BE team looking forward to playing "obviously, UConn"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are you guys forgetting what players in the old big east would say about each other? This is good old fashioned trash talk. It’s fun to hate Creighton and that nerd Kalkbrenner

Reaction Score
I tend to think the kid comes across as a gigantic [word for feminine hygiene receptacle] but, at the same time, Creighton has owned UConn. So what can you do? Win, I suppose.
Nailed it..But not in the biblical sense.. BB sense

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If only there was a way for this to be determined between players and teams and a way for fans to view it.
Celebrity death match?

Reaction Score
kalkbrenner with a pretty blah 8 points (4-9) and 9 boards in creighton's 12-point win over the st. thomas tommies. not exactly making a statement yet.

Reaction Score
The guy scored 4 points against us the first time we played and then had a career high against us the 2nd time we played them. They beat us twice by a combined 6 points....so not exactly like they "owned" us. As others have said, Kalkbrenner isn't even the best player on Creighton. I can't wait to play them because Sanogo is going to smoke this guy. We also now have the ability to put Clingan on Kalk and move Sanogo to the 4 where he can score at will.

Reaction Score
The guy scored 4 points against us the first time we played and then had a career high against us the 2nd time we played them. They beat us twice by a combined 6 points....so not exactly like they "owned" us. As others have said, Kalkbrenner isn't even the best player on Creighton. I can't wait to play them because Sanogo is going to smoke this guy. We also now have the ability to put Clingan on Kalk and move Sanogo to the 4 where he can score at will.
They owned us. Creighton and Kalkbrenner are 5-0 against UConn. It doesn't matter if you win by 2 or by 30.

Reaction Score
Just a note, Kalk went out with something like 12 minutes left in the game with an ankle injury when we played you there.

So not only did he miss a third of it, Sanogo got to play the rest of the game against Feazell or an undersized Kaluma. Something to consider when you’re comparing stats.

Reaction Score
Just a note, Kalk went out with something like 12 minutes left in the game with an ankle injury when we played you there.

So not only did he miss a third of it, Sanogo got to play the rest of the game against Feazell or an undersized Kaluma. Something to consider when you’re comparing stats.

Oh man I will definitely consider that when I'm comparing stats tonight! Thanks!

Reaction Score
They owned us. Creighton and Kalkbrenner are 5-0 against UConn. It doesn't matter if you win by 2 or by 30.
This is such a dumb take...I don't think winning a game by 2 points is "owning" anyone. They did enough to win both games narrowly, but any of us that watch a lot of basketball know that a 2 point difference is the difference in 1-2 calls going a certain way, or 1-2 questionable fouls or non-fouls called. It's as much "luck" as it is "owning", but if you want to let Creighton take up all that real estate in your head then so be it.

Reaction Score
This is such a dumb take...I don't think winning a game by 2 points is "owning" anyone. They did enough to win both games narrowly, but any of us that watch a lot of basketball know that a 2 point difference is the difference in 1-2 calls going a certain way, or 1-2 questionable fouls or non-fouls called. It's as much "luck" as it is "owning", but if you want to let Creighton take up all that real estate in your head then so be it.

Well Creighton is undefeated against us... so what would you call it? If it was reversed, I'd say we own them

Reaction Score
It's pretty simple, when one team beats you every single time you play them they own you.

Us Yankees fans know it all too well with the Astros.

Reaction Score
My video must be missing where he says Sanogo is not a good player. I read his take is he thinks he’s better than Sanogo but Adama gets all the accolades
Exactly. If this clip even constitutes "trash talk", it's very mild. Sanogo and Kalkbrenner are both very good players. The matchups should be great.

Reaction Score
Kalk improved immensely from freshman to sophomore year. I was rooting for the Blue Jays in the Tourney as Big East brothers but it is time to turn this around. A good rivalry between us helps the conference. Then we still have PC, Nova and St John's that we do not want to ever lose to. Should be some good TV ratings for our matchups this season.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Exactly. If this clip even constitutes "trash talk", it's very mild. Sanogo and Kalkbrenner are both very good players. The matchups should be great.
I don't know how much it can be considered trash talk, but Kalkbrenner's comments are classless, and not a good look on him as a person in my view. Whether it was he who made them, or someone else, I would feel the exact same way. That said, (and it's already been said many times here) let's see what happens on the hardwood when the Huskies and Bluejays square off next.

Reaction Score
A little salty at RJ Cole for us being down in this rivalry
me too. I like RJ a ton and he is part of the Husky family and I hope he returns to UConn in some office capacity like a Kevin Freeman. RJ was a good player that contributed a lot to this program.

Having said all of that, he choked on those 2 FTs that could've iced the first game at Gampel.

Reaction Score
I don't know how much it can be considered trash talk, but Kalkbrenner's comments are classless, and not a good look on him as a person in my view. Whether it was he who made them, or someone else, I would feel the exact same way. That said, (and it's already been said many times here) let's see what happens on the hardwood when the Huskies and Bluejays square off next.
Please...the kid hardly said anything. Some of you people look for reasons to get butthurt.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People say you are a good poster but I find that laughable.

Sound mild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc