Kalbrenner: BE team looking forward to playing "obviously, UConn" | The Boneyard

Kalbrenner: BE team looking forward to playing "obviously, UConn"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
In a recent interview, Creighton's Ryan Kalkbrenner was asked which Big East team he looks forward to playing, and his answer was "obviously, UConn." What he has to say after that is even more interesting. :) Skip to 24:56 to get to it.

Reaction Score
"Obviously, UConn"

1667846330866.png

Reaction Score
Wow. That really pisses me off. Hurley's going to have a field day with this!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
His voice doesn't match his face at all. He sounds like Lurch from the Addams Family.

Reaction Score
Based on all the reactions from people in this thread I was expecting him to say something actually interesting. 2nd best player in the Big East thinking he should be the 1st best is a whole lot of nothing

Reaction Score
Why would it piss you off? If one of our players said it we’d love it as it shows competitive fire. Now it’s on them to prove it on the court.
Because he basically said that Sanogo was undeserving of the honor...with a smug look on his face.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Love his attitude/confidence.
You know what? No player should get distracted, p-o'd, or focused on individual challenges. They're right, we haven't beaten Creighton in the BE yet. When we do, then players can think about individual slights. It doesn't do Sanogo any good if he plays off the charts great and Creighton still comes out on top on the scoreboard.

Reaction Score
Why would it piss you off? If one of our players said it we’d love it as it shows competitive fire. Now it’s on them to prove it on the court.

"It's fun to go against bigs other people say are good.... uh, I don't know about that [meaning he disagrees with other people]."

Saying Sanogo is not good is calculated to something people are going to react to.

You simply don't see that type of thing too often.

Sanogo is not a good player, according to Kalkbrenner.

He did go well beyond saying "I deserved Preseason POY (which is a fine thing to say)" but... he's not good?

Reaction Score
"It's fun to go against bigs other people say are good.... uh, I don't know about that [meaning he disagrees with other people]."

Saying Sanogo is not good is calculated to something people are going to react to.

You simply don't see that type of thing too often.

Sanogo is not a good player, according to Kalkbrenner.

He did go well beyond saying "I deserved Preseason POY (which is a fine thing to say)" but... he's not good?
Wow the lack of respect for Sanogo is jarring. I was shocked he said that.

Reaction Score
Kalk throwing down the gauntlet.. Adama is a proud guy that likes challenges..Both coaches like their guy.. Game
on..
Edit: Preseason POY voted by league coaches .. Maybe needs to sell them on his candidacy

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would be ticked as well if I was him. He outplayed Adama last year. I was surprised Sanogo was named pre season POY

SwingDog

Reaction Score
I don't like his cocky, entitled, and disrespectful attitude, and if I'm Greg McDermott I'm not pleased, but if anything this should be further motivation for Adama and the Huskies. And if they needed a fire lit under their butts, Ryan Kalkbrenner just lit the match.

Reaction Score
Obviously the win is all that matters and Creighton got both, but Kalkbrenner barely outplayed Sanogo last year. I think some people are so scarred by Creighton that they forget what else happened those games

First game he had 4 points and 6 rebounds on 2/6 shooting versus Sanogo's 8 points and 9 rebounds on 3/10 shooting. So mediocre all around. Second game Kalkbrenner had 22 and 10 on 10/14 shooting and Sanogo had 13 and 16 on 6/16 shooting, so edge to Kalkbrenner but that's 2 good games

SwingDog

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, last season Creighton "dominated" the Huskies by defeating them in two games by 4 and 2 points respectively.

Reaction Score
I don't like his cocky, entitled, and disrespectful attitude, and if I'm Greg McDermott I'm not pleased, but if anything this should be further motivation for Adama and the Huskies. And if they needed a fire lit under their butts, Ryan Kalkbrenner just lit the match.
Kalk and his team won every single game they've played against UConn. If Sanogo and his team need bulletin board material to get up and beat them there's something wrong.

He said it's the game he has circled because it's a rivalry. Rivalries both teams win games off each other, it's not a rivalry yet.

Reaction Score
My video must be missing where he says Sanogo is not a good player. I read his take is he thinks he’s better than Sanogo but Adama gets all the accolades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom