Kadary Richmond Transferring | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Kadary Richmond Transferring

Reaction Score
As much as I love Cole, I'd rather have Gaffney there. Not that Gaffney's any better, but he'd get exposed with a bigger guard posting up on him. Gillespie would be coming back and he basically camped out in the paint against Cole.

That's why you play matchup dependent. If Cole starts getting posted up, you either just switch the defensive matchup to put Jackson/Kadary/Hawkins on him, or take Cole out and run with a 6'5+ PG. When you have wings that pass as well as Jackson or Richmond does, you have that luxury.

Cole did really well on defense against some of the top guards in the conference though. I wouldn't assume he won't hold his own next year.

Reaction Score
That's why you play matchup dependent. If Cole starts getting posted up, you either just switch the defensive matchup to put Jackson/Kadary/Hawkins on him, or take Cole out and run with a 6'5+ PG. When you have wings that pass as well as Jackson or Richmond does, you have that luxury.

Cole did really well on defense against some of the top guards in the conference though. I wouldn't assume he won't hold his own next year.

I agree they can play it by ear but I don't see Cole getting switched off of guarding a point guard to guarding a shooting guard. This is where the bigger guards we have should step in. Both Hawkins and Diggins are freshman next year so I'm tempering my expectations and it looks like from all indications, Kadary isn't coming here.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My only concern with bringing in Kadary if he wanted to come here is if it made Diggins reconsider coming.

I don’t think it is gonna be an issue.

If he’s feeling burned by Syracuse in terms of playing time, he’s almost certainly not going to come into a more crowded situation here.

But it’d be great to get him.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree, but the players not getting minutes in that scenario are likely Diggins and Gaffney, and you could see a negative narrative developing with two transfers supplanting two homegrown direct recruits.

I'm all for whatever results in the best team, and I sure like the sound of having a 6'5" starting PG; but to read in another thread that was just posted about how vaunted Diggins is seems a bit in conflict with the notion that he'd welcome having his lane clogged before he even sets foot on campus by a guy who has made clear that he wants a starting position where he can showcase his skills.
Kadary isn't a grad transfer. With last year not counting, he has four years of eligibility. I have no idea if he's better than Diggins or not, but if he's so much better that there aren't minutes available for Diggins, then so what? We've upgraded the point for the next 3 years.

Yes, I get that top 50 recruits won't sit on the bench for too long if better guys are in front of them. But the key part to that sentence is BETTER GUYS ARE INFRONT OF THEM.

Reaction Score
If KR decides to come to Storrs--Assuming DH sees a fit--There is no reason why he and Sool couldn't co-exist on the floor at the same time. Like a Bazz/Boat duo with PG skills

Looks to me like KR has some positional flexibility between the 1-2-3 spots

Reaction Score
Regardless of how you feel about boeheim, he's been around the block more than a few times and he's had his share of PTP'ers. Maybe there's something more to the story here.

Reaction Score
Regardless of how you feel about boeheim, he's been around the block more than a few times and he's had his share of PTP'ers. Maybe there's something more to the story here.

The story is that Boeheim consistently played a kid who stunk in front of Richmond, consistently told the media that Richmond was out of shape and not ready to play when he was clearly a better player than the kid he was sitting behind, and he was likely looking at more of the same next year.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This is the group of schools Cuse competes against now for talent. Sounds like they will land him.

Looks and feels like how the KO era ended.

I agree with the parallel.
Big difference is the NCAA tourney run each made as the ship sank... KO got UConn a championship, Boeheim made Sweet 16.

Reaction Score
The story is that Boeheim consistently played a kid who stunk in front of Richmond, consistently told the media that Richmond was out of shape and not ready to play when he was clearly a better player than the kid he was sitting behind, and he was likely looking at more of the same next year.
Seemingly. I know a lot of people would like to believe that. I'm just saying, maybe.

Reaction Score
Seemingly. I know a lot of people would like to believe that. I'm just saying, maybe.

I suppose. Although everything I said can be verified except the part about next season. Girard does stink. He did play in front of him. The team was far better with Richmond on the court, and Boeheim did regularly criticize Richmond's fitness and readiness. If you want to make Boeheim the hero here, your prerogative. The fact that he's one of three leaving thus far doesn't help your cause.

Reaction Score
Akok
akok hasnt shown he's a good enough shooter to play stretch 4 but he's definitely a good enough shooter to play stretch 5

right now he's listed at 215... i'm not sure that's accurate but if he can add another 5 lbs then i'd love him at C

the problem is i don't think he can keep adding weight without risking further injury to his legs. maybe another 5lbs is ok idk

Reaction Score
I suppose. Although everything I said can be verified except the part about next season. Girard does stink. He did play in front of him. The team was far better with Richmond on the court, and Boeheim did regularly criticize Richmond's fitness and readiness. If you want to make Boeheim the hero here, your prerogative. The fact that he's one of three leaving thus far doesn't help your cause.
What? I didn't dispute anything you said. Geezus. If you put your butthurt aside for a while you might be more rational. I'm saying maybe there's a reason boeheim did the opposite of what everyone else would have done, including orange nation. Even Calhoun had his share of players who were in the doghouse.

Reaction Score
Big difference is the NCAA tourney run each made as the ship sank... KO got UConn a championship, Boeheim made Sweet 16.

The ship was on cruise control from Captain Calhoun when we won the championship. The sinking didnt start for a few years.

agree that current cuse feels a lot like us at the end of the KO era, although their on court product isnt nearly as bad at least not yet.

Reaction Score
I agree with the parallel.

I would equate KO's championship run in 2014 with Cuse's Final Four run 5 years ago.

I would equate KO's first round win over Colorado in 2016 to this year's run to the Sweet Sixteen for Cuse

Then the following year it all fell apart starting 2016-17. That's about what Cuse looks like right now. Only difference was UConn was preseason ranked top 25 that year.

If we follow the KO path of self destruction, that means Boeheim only has two years left coaching.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
akok hasnt shown he's a good enough shooter to play stretch 4 but he's definitely a good enough shooter to play stretch 5

right now he's listed at 215... i'm not sure that's accurate but if he can add another 5 lbs then i'd love him at C

the problem is i don't think he can keep adding weight without risking further injury to his legs. maybe another 5lbs is ok idk
I know the numbers don’t back it up right now but when I watch akok shoot I think he has the ability to be a great shooter (hopefully a fully healthy summer will bridge that gap)

Reaction Score
As much as I love Cole, I'd rather have Gaffney there. Not that Gaffney's any better, but he'd get exposed with a bigger guard posting up on him. Gillespie would be coming back and he basically camped out in the paint against Cole.
Sometimes it is okay to play zone when match-ups are not working in your favor. I think I would have at least tried it a few possessions of it as Gillespie just destroyed us in man the last time we played Nova.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it is gonna be an issue.

If he’s feeling burned by Syracuse in terms of playing time, he’s almost certainly not going to come into a more crowded situation here.

But it’d be great to get him.
Don't you agree we need shooters? We already have enough guys that don't shoot well. He was 7 for 21 on threes this year in 20 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
honestly wouldn't mind if he's okay being the backup for now.

Yikes, gonna be a hard pass from me. I get that he’s a 7 footer but there is not one thing in his two years of stats that has me interested at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom