Kadary Richmond Transferring | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Kadary Richmond Transferring

Reaction Score
I suppose. Although everything I said can be verified except the part about next season. Girard does stink. He did play in front of him. The team was far better with Richmond on the court, and Boeheim did regularly criticize Richmond's fitness and readiness. If you want to make Boeheim the hero here, your prerogative. The fact that he's one of three leaving thus far doesn't help your cause.

I don't know about you or anyone else on here, but if a kid is out of shape, I blame the coach. Some kids have an otherworldly work ethic and can play harder than most guys and deserve credit for it. But a baseline fitness level is up to your SnC program and practice intensity. Especially when you're playing a ZONE DEFENSE for --the most a kid is doing on that end is take 4 steps in either direction at a time.

Reaction Score
I don't know about you or anyone else on here, but if a kid is out of shape, I blame the coach. Some kids have an otherworldly work ethic and can play harder than most guys and deserve credit for it. But a baseline fitness level is up to your SnC program and practice intensity. Especially when you're playing a ZONE DEFENSE for --the most a kid is doing on that end is take 4 steps in either direction at a time.

Agreed, but I think the bigger issue was that Girard looked dumpy and slow this year so the idea that Boeheim was saying Richmond wasn't ready to go just sounded like an absurd justification for sitting the kid.

Reaction Score
You don’t win a national championship on cruise control.

Granted, the man wrecked the ship afterwards, but give him some credit for that NC. He did earn that.
Maybe cruise control was a bad phrasing. Fully afloat? He was saying we won the title while sinking. I meant we were doing just fine and the sinking started way later. Fully operational? It was smooth sailing? Calm waters? Cruising at full speed? I dont know boats man. Cut me some slack lol.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I can’t believe this thread got to 12 pages. Kadary is a nice player who we should pursue has great vision, instincts but is limited in so many areas. He’s not a consistent shooter, he’s not a great defender, he’s not overly athletic, struggles at the rim. There was a reason he was coming off the bench for a mediocre Cuse team. Not the end of the world if we don’t land.

Reaction Score
I can’t believe this thread got to 12 pages. Kadary is a nice player who we should pursue has great vision, instincts but is limited in so many areas. He’s not a consistent shooter, he’s not a great defender, he’s not overly athletic, struggles at the rim. There was a reason he was coming off the bench for a mediocre Cuse team. Not the end of the world if we don’t land.
He’s a very good defender. And shouldn’t have been coming off the bench

Reaction Score
Or he’s coming off the bench because the coach has ties to girard’s family ?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He’s a very good defender. And shouldn’t have been coming off the bench
When you’re 6’5 at the top in a zone you always look good. Watch his HS tape he’s not a good defender. Defense was like his biggest knock coming out of HS.

Reaction Score
Is Jim Boeheim pointing a gun at your head? Should we call the police?

Reaction Score
When you’re 6’5 at the top in a zone you always look good. Watch his HS tape he’s not a good defender. Defense was like his biggest knock coming out of HS.
He was a really good defender in college but it doesn’t count because of high school. Bahaha.

Brutal even by your standards.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It occurs to me every so often that Boeheim has coached there longer than I've been alive, and I am not young

Reaction Score

This is the hottest take you've had in a while. Bravo

Reaction Score
For the life of me I don't understand how Chol Marial has not had a Ralph Sampson college career and impact. He was an elite ranked 7'+ player at Cheshire Academy about 10 years ago, and played in the 4 team televised tournament that gave me my first look at Hamidou Diallo, Wenyan Gabriel, Alpha Diallo, Jordan Nwora, and a bunch of others. Marial dominated at both ends blocking shots, running the floor, shooting from deep, rebounding, scoring around the basket. Since that game Alpha Diallo played a year at Brewster, 4 years at Providence, and now another season has passed. All the other guys are on to the NBA or elsewhere, and Marial is at Maryland in 2021, doesn't get on the court, and is transferring to spend another year at college, He'll still be at college 7 years after that tournament!! What in the world happened?

Reaction Score
I’m jumping into this late. Sorry for the casual question but have we reached out to Kadary since he announced that he’s going to transfer?

Reaction Score
I’m jumping into this late. Sorry for the casual question but have we reached out to Kadary since he announced that he’s going to transfer?
Page 2, yes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom