July recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

July recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I’ve seen hundreds of prospects posted in these threads with no indication that UConn is recruiting them. People post talented players frequently before or whether the are a known UConn POI (see Zeibell above) This is a talented, top 10 prospect and I’m not posting her because she is a POI of SC. There is no indication that she is ( or is not). UConn could be interested as much ( or as little) as SC.

Sorry, the rule is a bit fuzzy. Is your statement made just because I’m an outsider who should stay in the other board? If that’s the case, I will.
Hundreds? That's not remotely accurate.

The post and question about Zeibel belonged in this thread because Geno was watching her team play! That's a lot different than posting about some random player who happens to be from SC and then wondering whether UConn or any other school is interested. Posts like that don't belong in this thread. It really isn't fuzzy at all.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Allie Ziebell appears to be a fearless scorer. I wonder how that talent will translate to D1 at 5'10". Has anyone got a sense of her passing skills?
She's relied on as an alpha scorer for her high school. (Michaela Mabrey has been tracking her since early in high school for ND so I have, too.) Early on, she was a long-range marksman but as she's gotten older and filled out, she's developed her mid-range and driving game. For a righty, she's terrific to the left. Once again, in high school she's the primary (secondary, too) scoring threat.

In yesterday's game at the Roses, I saw some passes to open players, but she was hardly the field general. In a ball movement offense like UConn, she'd fit right in.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Hmmm. I've long thought UConn might want to get in on Ziebell but seen no evidence they are. She had 30 points on 12 FG attempts today and that's not all that unusual for her as you'll see in my next post. Maybe Chavez wasn't the only POI Geno was there to see.
Well, maybe he was there to talk to Niele, who most certainly was there....;)
However, he and Morgan would be wise to follow her. I've seen growth in her game throughout her high school and AAU career.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
She reminds me of a player I have an immense dislike (in the best way) for in Marina Mabrey
As a representative and keen observer of all things Irish and Mabrey, I can see that comparison, particularly in the way she drives to the hoop well with both hands. Marina has always used her left hand deftly and Ziebell does, too. Good call.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I spy CD on the baseline. Keeping an eye on our newest commit or looking to add a 4th recruit to the 2023 class?

CD missed the hustle play?

1657401099199.png

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Hundreds? That's not remotely accurate.

The post and question about Zeibel belonged in this thread because Geno was watching her team play! That's a lot different than posting about some random player who happens to be from SC and then wondering whether UConn or any other school is interested. Posts like that don't belong in this thread. It really isn't fuzzy at all.
Yes and no, there are a lot of posts maybe hundreds are a stretch when talking about individual players, but not much of a stretch in regard to individuals who post on off beat tangents. In this case the post was on an individual player and I don't feel it was SC leaning. The player in the original post, Ms. Zeibel is a baller and IMO belongs on the recruiting thread. She is a hot commodity, Geno was there to watch, and she played the pants off of a few players that members of BY covet.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Does she have a recruiting story?
Just seen her name mentioned here a few times. Don’t really know a lot about the Canadian kids and their recruiting. They keep it very close to the vest much like Prosper and Edwards.

Reaction Score
Fournier is one of the top prospects in 2024, very talented with lots of upside. I think she is 6'2.

Allie Ziebell has to be on everyones list for every team in America. She is a baller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom