Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 49 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

Reaction Score
Former Lafayette OL coach Christian Pace being followed by Charlton, Sammis, and PC. Wonder if he is coming in as an Analyst or QC position.
Along those lines and if so..... Reading the tea leaves it's interesting that Pace retweeted this offer to Hamm (Lafayette grad transfer) despite other offers from ECU, N.TX, BGU, JMU... that he did not as far as I saw....

1642435130123.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is a posting for quality control and analyst that closes today so I would think those would be named soon

Reaction Score
I just saw this and got interested as it looks like a name who was supposed to be on staff has been recently followed by UConn’s Executive Director

Attachments

• 9990EF4B-6B91-451B-8392-AA2D6EC833FB.png
    9990EF4B-6B91-451B-8392-AA2D6EC833FB.png
    389.7 KB · Views: 256
Reaction Score
This is what transformational change looks like. It looks like everyone is on board with a major shift here. These next few years may be the most intriguing for a football program because it certainly seems like they are all in on a complete transformation of the football program.

1642707229106.jpeg

Reaction Score
Seeing a huge emphasis on recruiting with this staff.

Edsall just basically gave up on competing for higher end recruits.

Edsall just never understood the importance here. He just believed he could bring in uncut gems and Coach them up. Well, the talent market just doesn’t work like that anymore. And he was outcoached as well as out recruited.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Seeing a huge emphasis on recruiting with this staff.

Edsall just basically gave up on competing for higher end recruits.

Edsall just never understood the importance here. He just believed he could bring in uncut gems and Coach them up. Well, the talent market just doesn’t work like that anymore. And he was outcoached as well as out recruited.
Edsall was 98% process and 2% loyalty. He liked a much slower, lower energy approach. He liked hidden gems. He liked recruiting in new places because slowly and steadily he found himself walled off from much of his old places. He made walls, and then he made those walls higher and thicker. He almost never moved around a wall once erected. By example he had a bump his first year in NJ and seemingly pretty much stopped recruiting the state thereafter.

Reaction Score
Edsall was 98% process and 2% loyalty. He liked a much slower, lower energy approach. He liked hidden gems. He liked recruiting in new places because slowly and steadily he found himself walled off from much of his old places. He made walls, and then he made those walls higher and thicker. He almost never moved around a wall once erected. By example he had a bump his first year in NJ and seemingly pretty much stopped recruiting the state thereafter.
And as the results went South so did our expectations. We became conditioned to believe the trolls and the talking heads that suggested only one team in the entire FBS should drop football. That we should consider the situation hopeless. I never bought it but the Edsall approach led credence to those trolls and a bunch of basketball nitwits who wanted football to fail. The new commitment and everything coming out of Mora and his staff says that's over.

Reaction Score
"basketball nitwits"... @Jimdish255 and it's posters with comments like that, that creates the divide. Be better...
No he is right - most basketball fans support football (some maybe while holding their nose) but there were many that advocated dropping football.

Reaction Score
I
No he is right - most basketball fans support football (some maybe while holding their nose) but there were many that advocated dropping football.
I completely understand that it's out there. Nothing gained by stating it. I'm sure that there will be comments about dropping football to pay Ollie...but hopefully it's all tongue in cheek.

Reaction Score
Sadly, all I know is I know nothing. I thought Diaco would be great then was happy to see the adult (Randy) back. I guess if all you have to eat for years is spam, then you really can’t describe a good steak.
I think we are eating steak now.

Reaction Score
It has actually been worse than that for years. There has long been a group within the AD that wasn’t on board with football. Not at the senior level, of course, but next level down. The guys who do the day to day work. I thought it would fade away as we had success and those guys retired, but it kept regenerating and then we hired Pasqualoni, Batsht Bob and RE2 which didn’t help the case. The argument has always been you can’t do both, though Michigan, UCLA, Baylor, Auburn, UNC, Florida and many others would beg to differ. After all, Villanova is the only school to win the NCAA Tournament without major football since we did it in 1999 though we in the process of upgrading starting in the fall of that year.

Reaction Score
"basketball nitwits"... @Jimdish255 and it's posters with comments like that, that creates the divide. Be better...
Nah a lot of the basketball fans would burn the university to the ground thinking it would save the program when in reality all it does it kill it. They can't fathom that under Ollie, they just weren't a good program and they wanted to blame everything else but basketball for why the program was average. They can't see past the trees to see the forest.

Reaction Score
Most are supportive of UConn Athletics period. Didn't mean to suggest otherwise. But as a long time basketball fan I never understood the vocal minority that takes an adversarial position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom