Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 47 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
In all honesty, do you really think that a recruit cares how much the coaches make? I would hope that relationships with the coaches, academics and things like that would be a higher priority. Heck, NIL opportunities would make more sense for a recruit than what a coach makes.
The assumption is....the higher the salary the better the coach. More experience...more success....more in demand.

It's not always true...but a higher salary pool for coaches should result in a more experienced competent staff.

Reaction Score
Ultimately just by the sheer number of additional support staff that have been hired, even if the coaches dollars haven't increased significantly, The overall staff costs and support has to be higher than last season.

I made the point once before. Mora hired 8 guys 31-36. With 5-8 years of strict positional experience. Contrast that to Edsall or the new Temple coach. By design, he is emphasizing a certain type of coach + vision. He is gonna have less salary in many instances than hire 40-49 year old guys with 14-20 year experience.

The major eyepopping view is the bulky recruiting staff beginning with Pehrson and the levels of Analyst, QC and Grad Asst. And where they came from. The sheer number is surprising.

Reaction Score
I made the point once before. Mora hired 8 guys 31-36. With 5-8 years of strict positional experience. Contrast that to Edsall or the new Temple coach. By design, he is emphasizing a certain type of coach + vision. He is gonna have less salary in many instances than hire 40-49 year old guys with 14-20 year experience.

The major eyepopping view is the bulky recruiting staff beginning with Pehrson and the levels of Analyst, QC and Grad Asst. And where they came from. The sheer number is surprising.
Tells me the sheer number shoulda been about this amount awhile ago for full staff support/development of our players

Reaction Score
In all honesty, do you really think that a recruit cares how much the coaches make? I would hope that relationships with the coaches, academics and things like that would be a higher priority. Heck, NIL opportunities would make more sense for a recruit than what a coach makes.
Also, how many recruits are told by other schools, hmmm, UCONN, aren’t they going to FCS? I see u as a FBS talent.

It’s a huge message to all, including us, that we are committed to getting this right, not downsizing it.

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, what does it matter how much they make as long as they are here already?
Good point, but it will add some color and granularity to what comes next.

Reaction Score
There is now a posting for assistant director of football operations which closes on the 18th

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, what does it matter how much they make as long as they are here already?
It matters if you'd like to compare vs. the previous staff and more importantly vs. peer schools.

When someone says "UConn doesn't care about football", you can be prepared with "we spent as much/more than as XYZ schools on football salaries."

Reaction Score
As I said, if HCJM and his staff can be United for 2 years, I think we can recruit the same players as BCU, The Fruit and steal some from Pitt and PSU.

It might be a dream, but I'd love to see that. Wouldn't you? UConn has lots going for it.
I hope so, but 9 of 10 kids will pick BC or Syracuse over us. The conference and financial situation is a big hurdle for us right now. And l hate to say it, but BC wins the academic battle pretty easily too.

Reaction Score
You couldn’t be further wrong regarding the academic battle.
Not sure where you are going with this, but both BC and Syracuse are private and their admissions are more competitive, are they not?

Reaction Score
Not sure where you are going with this, but both BC and Syracuse are private and their admissions are more competitive, are they not?
BCU sure, for potentially up to an extra $45K-ish/year. Sorrycuse, for possibly an extra $42K-ish/year, nah not so much anymore. Similar if not lower average admission standards up in southern Ontario now versus in metro Storrs center.

Noting SAT scores are not considered as important in all cases as in past years and the following is just one source, UConn's SAT range is reported as 1200/1410 versus 1180/1380 for Syracuse. For comparison:

Enter the schools, or any, in the linked university comparison site

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BCU sure, for potentially up to an extra $45K-ish/year. Sorrycuse, for possibly an extra $42K-ish/year, nah not so much anymore. Similar if not lower average admission standards up in southern Ontario now versus in metro Storrs center.

Noting SAT scores are not considered as important in all cases as in past years and the following is just one source, UConn's SAT range is reported as 1200/1410 versus 1180/1380 for Syracuse. For comparison:

They are scholarship so price doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
The tuition at George Washington University in DC is over $58,000 per year. The academic standing is meh. It is considered the worst value of a University in America. Great place to meet other wealthy kids. Tuition has little relationship to academic standing.

Reaction Score
They are scholarship so price doesn't matter.
Not for athletes in general nor specifically for you perhaps, but the direct reply to @RSTuthill and his cited post shared one info source comparing current admission standards at Syracuse and UConn. Roughly similar, if not higher at UConn and at lower cost.

Reaction Score

Been that way for probably the past decade or so. Syracuse and UConn are very comparable academically and drawing very comparable students.

Reaction Score
The tuition at George Washington University in DC is over $58,000 per year. The academic standing is meh. It is considered the worst value of a University in America. Great place to meet other wealthy kids. Tuition has little relationship to academic standing.

As a parent who paid a full tuition there -- thanks.

Reaction Score
Not for athletes in general nor specifically for you perhaps, but the direct reply to @RSTuthill and his cited post shared one info source comparing current admission standards at Syracuse and UConn. Roughly similar, if not higher at UConn and at lower cost.
The whole context was Football players picking BC and Syracuse over UConn for reasons, including BC being better academically. Football players don't pay money, so arguing about price doesn't make any logical sense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom