Jim Calhoun stepping down effective immediately (merged threads). | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun stepping down effective immediately (merged threads).

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun tell someone to play zone D?? That’s not how I remember it going down when he coached
But JC can give Hurley some tips on how to press teams. Seems to be a non issue at this point in the Hurley era.

Reaction Score
St. Joseph is #6 in the latest D3 national poll. I hope JC's health is OK. If St. Joseph is that could they'd have had a chance to make a run at D3 national championship.

Reaction Score
But JC can give Hurley some tips on how to press teams. Seems to be a non issue at this point in the Hurley era.

Actually JC didn’t press all that much after his best pressing team in ‘89-90. He showed press with other teams to speed the game up a little but rarely to turn the other teams over. This team would have trouble pressing. He had special pieces in ‘89-90 Big guards in Tate and Smitty, exceptional anticipators in Nadav and Scotty. Rod knew his role we just don’t have that ability with these guys. Agree though wish we did.

No matter what a beautiful site with JC sitting with Tyrese and Adama. Tyrese soaking it in.

Reaction Score
Actually JC didn’t press all that much after his best pressing team in ‘89-90. He showed press with other teams to speed the game up a little but rarely to turn the other teams over. This team would have trouble pressing. He had special pieces in ‘89-90 Big guards in Tate and Smitty, exceptional anticipators in Nadav and Scotty. Rod knew his role we just don’t have that ability with these guys. Agree though wish we did.

No matter what a beautiful site with JC sitting with Tyrese and Adama. Tyrese soaking it in.

Correct me if I'm wrong though. I agree with your post that in 89- 90 season was his best pressing team. But after that in the very beginning of each season against the cupcakes he would show the press just to prepare for the season, but not use it as much. Hurley never does only in desperate situations. I would like to see it done and not done in dire need to see where they are with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom