Jim Calhoun stepping down effective immediately (merged threads). | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun stepping down effective immediately (merged threads).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have a hunch Pat was just done.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have a hunch Pat was just done.
I was thinking the same. Something like “Didn’t you already do what you said you were going to do for them? What’s next? When does it end?”

Reaction Score
He can do as he pleases but leaving in this part of the season raises some questions. Hope he's ok

Reaction Score
I thought this part was surprising

He will turn the program over to Glen Miller, who has been his associate head coach. Miller's Saint Joseph's course catalogue will be promoted to associate head coach.
Love him, but man, he likes to jam up administrations.

Reaction Score
Cry Cry Cry GIF by MOODMAN

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
LEGEND. Congrats coach. Enjoy your much long deserve retirement.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Or maybe he likes to help out his guys, depending on how you look at it?
From Jim Calhoun, Hall of Fame UConn coach, to retire from coaching

Calhoun considered announcing his decision before the season started, but wanted to make sure he left the program in good standing. The league canceled the Blue Jays' season last year, and Calhoun worried that some of the players might not return if he left. Saint Joseph is now 3-0, and ranked ninth in the nation. “I wanted to be sure I gave Glen a good team," he said.

I love Calhoun and don't want to derail this thread, but it kind of feels like it came at the expense of his players' options. Pretty transparent.

Reaction Score
I thought this part was surprising

He will turn the program over to Glen Miller, who has been his associate head coach. Miller's Saint Joseph's course catalogue will be promoted to associate head coach.
That was a good one. I don’t even think D3 players care about the course catalogs never mind a guy with an interest in UK.

Reaction Score

Coach you did not F!%*k Up. Thank you for putting us on the map of college basketball elite. May you and Pat enjoy your family and life. You deserve it! Best interview ever...

Stayed tuned

Reaction Score
The first Big East game at Gampel was St John's. Beyond memorable. I hope Jim Calhoun can be at this years game against St John's. And then a few more. At 79 you have to respect the clock on the wall and the calendar. Enjoy the small things in life and also what you built at UConn Coach Calhoun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom