Jim Calhoun stepping down effective immediately (merged threads). | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jim Calhoun stepping down effective immediately (merged threads).

Reaction Score
I hope his health is good despite what he's saying. He had a recent health issue and his team is ranked in the Top 25. Seems like odd timing. Hoping for the best.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Hoping and praying this is nothing more than his cardiologist and wife telling him it's time, you earned and deserved a break, nothing more to prove. ♥️

Reaction Score

Coach you did not F!%*k Up. Thank you for putting us on the map of college basketball elite. May you and Pat enjoy your family and life. You deserve it! Best interview ever...

Amen. I love the roll of the eyes when the reporter is asking the question. I too am of Irish heritage and I get sick of answering the same questions over and over and sometimes lose my cool.

But to echo Husky Alien, Thank you for all you have done to make UConn a national brand. In the early eighties I went to San Francisco to visit a dorm mate from UConn. When we talked about UConn, people thought we were talking about the territory in Canada . Thanks to Coach Calhoun and Geno, the world knows. The NIT championship and Dream Season in 1990 greatly increased my passion for all things UConn as I made road trips to Detroit, Miami and Indy for March Madness. And good times are here again for basketball, baseball and soon football.

Reaction Score
Stayed tuned
Thinking Reaction GIF

Reaction Score

2nd favorite interview ever!

Always love to listen to what Coach Calhoun has to say. In all seriousness aside he really does interview very well. Wish some day Coach Hurley invites Calhoun to be a guest speaker prior to a big game at Gampel. Go Coach!

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Wednesday night we were talking about missing him at games and going to a St Joe's game.

Maybe the GOAT will grace us with his presence again

Reaction Score
Wednesday night we were talking about missing him at games and going to a St Joe's game.

Maybe the GOAT will grace us with his presence again
Same here. I thought of him while at Gampel and hoped we’d see him there again.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Coach and Pat are both healthy(per his quotes)).. Maybe he is just clearing the schedule so they can head down to Atlantis and hang out with some Yarders courtside.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Better than a legal battle for payment.
Just hope you don't find yourself in that type of situation
Some folks just don't get it

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I'm pretty psyched to see this. Love Hurley, but he does seem pretty stubborn about some things that may not be working out, um, optimally. JC's input can only be a great thing for the program.

Maybe he can introduce the idea that a little zone D isn't the most ridiculous idea ever?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Think JC might remind DH of his Dad.. He's smart enough to take some notes. Part of the evolution of becoming a better coach. Looks like JC is enjoying his role as mentor.

Reaction Score
This is awesome, having JC around should help Hurley get this program to the next step. JC has to be in his glory seeing us back in the big East and the recruiting taking off.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I'm pretty psyched to see this. Love Hurley, but he does seem pretty stubborn about some things that may not be working out, um, optimally. JC's input can only be a great thing for the program.

Maybe he can introduce the idea that a little zone D isn't the most ridiculous idea ever?
Jim Calhoun tell someone to play zone D?? That’s not how I remember it going down when he coached

Reaction Score
Hopefully he teaches him the 1/4

or the 1-4 high offense that we ran when rashad was here. Such a lethal set with multiple 3 pointers in the lineup

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom