2023 Recruiting: - Jaylin Stewart Highlights | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jaylin Stewart Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know I'm probably being a pedantic twerp, but that wasn't a particularly impressive shot to me. That look will never be a part of our offense unless KO starts coaching again.

His ability to use his handles, footwork and shiftiness to get to the rim, and his size to take a hit from shotblockers and finish is much more impressive to me.

You could say this to Melo too. But he got orange a natty.

You took this wrong way. When things are not going your way on a night, you do need someone able to make this ISO or heroic type of shot.

Reaction Score
You could say this to Melo too. But he got orange a natty.

You took this wrong way. When things are not going your way on a night, you do need someone able to make this ISO or heroic type of shot.

Yain't wrong. It's a nice tough play. I'm just the kind of guy that would prefer to see defense and outlet passes in a highlight video. It's the former coach in me.

Reaction Score

The kid can flat out play.

Will be interesting to see what his role in the offense ends up being. Clingan and Karaban had pretty obvious roles coming in because neither are ball dominant.

Stewart is a ball dominant player, and will not be at UConn. Taking more effecient shots is going to be a big change for him. We won't need any of these iso moves from him... we need tight passes, 3s, straight line drives, and 1 dribble pull ups. We'll probably have a few players ahead of him on the depth chart taking last minute iso shots. I wonder if it will make his transition a little rockier than our freshman this year.

I think he'll be an all big east level player by junior year regardless.

Reaction Score

Will be interesting to see what his role in the offense ends up being. Clingan and Karaban had pretty obvious roles coming in because neither are ball dominant.

Stewart is a ball dominant player, and will not be at UConn. Taking more effecient shots is going to be a big change for him. We won't need any of these iso moves from him... we need tight passes, 3s, straight line drives, and 1 dribble pull ups. We'll probably have a few players ahead of him on the depth chart taking last minute iso shots. I wonder if it will make his transition a little rockier than our freshman this year.

He can still be a bit ball dominant, but on the second unit, and a lot less in the midrange. Samson, Ross, and Singare won't need the ball much. Alleyne (if he comes back)/Diarra aren't ball dominant. It'll be him and Ball running the show on that unit most likely.

Reaction Score

Nuts

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He takes a lot of tough shots. I wonder what his shooting percentage is.
Yea he and Castle’s highlights from the past week would make Nate Oats have a coronary

Like uncle Ben once said about high school basketball: With great talent comes awful shot selection

Reaction Score
Very High Ceiling...super strong and under control, but looks a step slow from a quickness perspective...

However, that means Bully Ball :cool:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I see some Bryce Hopkins in his game

I am much more comfortable with skilled 6'7" 220 lbs kids translating to college basketball like Stewart than I am 6'3" 200 lbs guards. Too many bad memories of physically big guards who dominate in HS who become average college players because they can't just bully their way to the rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom