2023 Recruiting: - Jaylin Stewart Highlights | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jaylin Stewart Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Having 3 strong playmakers coming in the same class is nice. Gonna have to find some shooting to put around them.

Reaction Score
So, we too can have players that drive the lane and score while being fouled?
Who'd a thunk it?
Can't wait!

Reaction Score
Bingo. Other than Caron (who was seemingly more athletic) and some of Tyrese’s game, have we even had another player like Stewart in the last 30 years? I simply can’t recall one.
Mr Jeff Adrien.

Reaction Score
His game kinda reminds me of Hopkins from PeeCee
Solid comparison.

Might seem random, but one early offer of Stewart's that excites me is Montana. (my wife's alma mater).

In the nine years Travis DeCuire has been the head coach, Montana teams are high IQ, especially on offense. His teams generally move the ball well and are deliberate in taking the best shot available.

Defensively, Montana teams under DeCuire rebound aggressively and defend the perimeter well.

At 6'6 210, I see Stewart as a classic Montana 4: a versatile, physical offensive player who can do a bit of everything and as a defender, one of the team's best rebounders and a versatility to defend smartly.

caw

Reaction Score
Bingo. Other than Caron (who was seemingly more athletic) and some of Tyrese’s game, have we even had another player like Stewart in the last 30 years? I simply can’t recall one.

Denham? Maybe. The shooting (from what we can see in the videos) seems to separate him from most of the athletic 6'6-6'7 guys like Adrien and Freeman.

Yeah Martin could shoot the ball well but seemed to have trouble at the rim. Remember thinking he played like a football player with his lack of touch there. Think Stewart can be better all around.

Martin is a heck of an athlete but he seemed too rigid, not fluid. If that makes sense.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
There's got to be a label for this:

Screenshot_20230130-083640.png

Something like
"Emoji/Handle...and one!"

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Denham? Maybe. The shooting (from what we can see in the videos) seems to separate him from most of the athletic 6'6-6'7 guys like Adrien and Freeman.

Martin is a heck of an athlete but he seemed too rigid, not fluid. If that makes sense.
Definitely agree. Would make him a great defender and rebounder but caused some limitations offensively. He seems to have been becoming more and more fluid in the NBA though which is good to see.

Think the floor spacing helps him out a lot there too.

Reactions: caw

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Solid comparison.

Might seem random, but one early offer of Stewart's that excites me is Montana. (my wife's alma mater).

In the nine years Travis DeCuire has been the head coach, Montana teams are high IQ, especially on offense. His teams generally move the ball well and are deliberate in taking the best shot available.

Defensively, Montana teams under DeCuire rebound aggressively and defend the perimeter well.

At 6'6 210, I see Stewart as a classic Montana 4: a versatile, physical offensive player who can do a bit of everything and as a defender, one of the team's best rebounders and a versatility to defend smartly.
I hope he’s more 2/3 than 4. Most undersized 4s in college basketball are built like bulls and/or incredible athletes to make up for the lack of height. It’d be fun offensively I’m sure.

Reaction Score
Tough shot making ability!

I know I'm probably being a pedantic twerp, but that wasn't a particularly impressive shot to me. That look will never be a part of our offense unless KO starts coaching again.

His ability to use his handles, footwork and shiftiness to get to the rim, and his size to take a hit from shotblockers and finish is much more impressive to me.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of this HS kid's mixtape . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . just saying:

Reaction Score
Reminds me of this HS kid's mixtape . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . just saying:

Wow. Where could we get a guy like that to finish out this season and take us to great heights?

Reaction Score
Strong handle with his left hand but almost always finishes with his right hand.

caw

Reaction Score
I know I'm probably being a pedantic twerp, but that wasn't a particularly impressive shot to me. That look will never be a part of our offense unless KO starts coaching again.

His ability to use his handles, footwork and shiftiness to get to the rim, and his size to take a hit from shotblockers and finish is much more impressive to me.

I agree, but it's nice to have a player who can do that at the end of shot/game clock if there is nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom