2023 Recruiting: - Jaylin Stewart Highlights | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jaylin Stewart Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stewart is the one I’m most excited for next year. And I know that sounds crazy considering Castle is a top 10 recruit, but Stewart is the type of player we haven’t had in a very long time. Stocky 6’6” wing who can score from everywhere and just flat out bully guys with his size. Freak athlete too

Reaction Score
Stewart is the one I’m most excited for next year. And I know that sounds crazy considering Castle is a top 10 recruit, but Stewart is the type of player we haven’t had in a very long time. Stocky 6’6” wing who can score from everywhere and just flat out bully guys with his size. Freak athlete too
Isn't that basically what Tyrese Martin was?

Reaction Score
Seems to draw fouls at a decent clip also, or at least finish through contact.

May be a lot of bully ball next year.
Yea him and Solo look like physical tough drivers. Not afraid to take it hard to the hoop

Reaction Score
If we get the "impose your will and body" out of Castle, Ball, and Stewart to the extent that looks possible/probable, then they should make strong year 1/year 2 impacts. Especially in the BE in terms of style of play...

We need to get back to the Calhoun level of impose your will on the opponent. It wins games in the second half that we are now losing.

Reaction Score
Yeah…feel like Stewart is a more natural shooter/scorer though.
Yeah, that's fair, I just feel like "stocky 6'6 wing who can score at all levels and can bully guys physically" is like exactly how I would describe Martin, so it was funny to hear "haven't had this type of player in a while".

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's fair, I just feel like "stocky 6'6 wing who can score at all levels and can bully guys physically" is like exactly how I would describe Martin, so it was funny to hear "haven't had this type of player in a while".
They will serve a somewhat similar role. Martin was an amazing rebounder and defender. Stewart is more of a scorer. He can bully guys with the ball in his hands like Hopkins from PC

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If we get the "impose your will and body" out of Castle, Ball, and Stewart to the extent that looks possible/probable, then they should make strong year 1/year 2 impacts. Especially in the BE in terms of style of play...

We need to get back to the Calhoun level of impose your will on the opponent. It wins games in the second half that we are now losing.

Need them being able to shoot or opponents will pack the lane to mitigate dribble penetration.

Reaction Score
Almost every other BE team has these types of player and they make layups on us at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom