2024 Recruiting: - Isaiah Abraham Commits to UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Isaiah Abraham Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know where the Andre Jackson comps are coming from, but they aren't good. Maybe on defense... no other part of their game is similar except not being able to shoot. Abraham's best quality is that he is a super low usage player that doesn't make mistakes... Andre was a ball dominant PG (basically) with questionable decision-making skills a lot of the time. Abraham has no flash to his game like Andre does.

Reaction Score
I don't know where the Andre Jackson comps are coming from, but they aren't good. Maybe on defense... no other part of their game is similar except not being able to shoot. Abraham's best quality is that he is a super low usage player that doesn't make mistakes... Andre was a ball dominant PG (basically) with questionable decision-making skills a lot of the time. Abraham has no flash to his game like Andre does.
Can we all just acknowledge @husky429 knows his basketball. The guy lives in the film room (aka he watches a lot of games on the internet) and knows the game. No comparison between the two.

Reaction Score
Can we all just acknowledge @husky429 knows his basketball. The guy lives in the film room (aka he watches a lot of games on the internet) and knows the game. No comparison between the two.

Better than watching them in person. Scouting hs and aau games sucks.

Reaction Score
Why that opinion? I still enjoy watching a few games live.

A few would be lovely.

I'm talking about when I was still coaching. I was scouting 3 high school games a week all winter while also running practice or coaching games 6x a week. That doesn't include AAU which takes up almost every weekend all spring half the summer. I'd coach 4-5 games every weekend and scout another half dozen. I was doing 1:1 or small-group training 3+ days a week too. It was awful and I don't miss it.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I mean given the tea leaves of Flagg having a family connection to UConn and us going full staff at all his peach jam games, must mean we’re getting him, right? I didn’t previously realize that’s a commitment guarantee.

Reaction Score
I mean given the tea leaves of Flagg having a family connection to UConn and us going full staff at all his peach jam games, must mean we’re getting him, right? I didn’t previously realize that’s a commitment guarantee.
He has some kind of connection to Duke as well. Hope being a New Englander and with Dan Hurley and staff being great closers with a NC makes it happen.

Reaction Score
He has some kind of connection to Duke as well. Hope being a New Englander and with Dan Hurley and staff being great closers with a NC makes it happen.

Plus coach K is long gone and the jury is very much out on Scheyer, our coach is a proven commodity with the hottest name in the sport right now. Paige Bueckers is proof we can do NIL as good as anybody.

Flagg would be something else, that would be like having Elvis join your All Star band.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His connection is an assistant coach at KSU. Ours is his cousin who plays on the same high school team as him, and he was at the commitment for Abraham.

Add in the fact that UConn is on another planet from KSU and we actually feature centers in our offensive sets…ya I’ll take my chances with Hurley closing the deal.

You’re right that Providence doesn’t have a chance with him though. Because your school is buried beneath 10 feet of garbage compared to the rest of the schools in his list. You’ll be recruiting our sloppy seconds until the end of time. Enjoy!

Reaction Score
His connection is an assistant coach at KSU. Ours is his cousin who plays on the same high school team as him, and he was at the commitment for Abraham.

Add in the fact that UConn is on another planet from KSU and we actually feature centers in our offensive sets…ya I’ll take my chances with Hurley closing the deal.

You’re right that Providence doesn’t have a chance with him though. Because your school is buried beneath 10 feet of garbage compared to the rest of the schools in his list. You’ll be recruiting our sloppy seconds until the end of time. Enjoy!
Nbc Brooklyn 99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Reaction Score
It's recruiting. Anything can and will happen. Saying someone has zero chance is crazy, especially when they are the defending champs and his cousin just committed to us. KState may be the heavy favorites. Until he shows up on campus there, it is not a zero chance. Saying UConn has a better chance than PC if he doesn't go to KState is not an outlandish opinion either and certainly doesn't merit all the bluster of a 2:30am anger post on another teams message board.

Reaction Score
It's recruiting. Anything can and will happen. Saying someone has zero chance is crazy, especially when they are the defending champs and his cousin just committed to us. KState may be the heavy favorites. Until he shows up on campus there, it is not a zero chance. Saying UConn has a better chance than PC if he doesn't go to KState is not an outlandish opinion either and certainly doesn't merit all the bluster of a 2:30am anger post on another teams message board.
KState is not the heavy favorites. @FriarJ has no idea what he’s talking about. He’s just chatting

Reaction Score
KState is not the heavy favorites. @FriarJ has no idea what he’s talking about. He’s just chatting
I have zero idea. Neither does Friar, He admitted that and then said we have zero chance. Those are contradictary thoughts. Regardless, my point isn't about who is the favorite. My point is that even if hypothethocally they are the favorites, it doesn't mean we have "zero" chance. That's just crazy.

Reaction Score
Plus coach K is long gone and the jury is very much out on Scheyer, our coach is a proven commodity with the hottest name in the sport right now. Paige Bueckers is proof we can do NIL as good as anybody.

Flagg would be something else, that would be like having Elvis join your All Star band.
We are unquestionably a Top 5 program (5 NC in 24 years and counting) with great coaching, recruiting and support. We are now regularly getting high 4 stars and now competing with Duke, KY & KS for 5 stars. Dan is selective for culture and character fits as well as talent. That’s what we are after and what we offer. So hopefully Flagg buys in and becomes a Husky.

Reaction Score

Yep :)

Reaction Score
We are unquestionably a Top 5 program (5 NC in 24 years and counting) with great coaching, recruiting and support. We are now regularly getting high 4 stars and now competing with Duke, KY & KS for 5 stars. Dan is selective for culture and character fits as well as talent. That’s what we are after and what we offer. So hopefully Flagg buys in and becomes a Husky.
This is exactly correct. Add to this that our staff has prioritized 4 star gym rats that will play within a team concept over 5 star hot heads that typically end up at UK or UNC. Give me the occasional 5 star guy, but I’m fine with a whole team of 4 star guys playing like they all have something to prove. Same exact way Calhoun built his teams as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom