2024 Recruiting: - Isaiah Abraham Commits to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Isaiah Abraham Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't call having a single parent a "sketchy background." But we are definitely recruiting family-first players with good character. Plenty of our players have non-nuclear families.
The odds are obviously way more in your favor with a stable/two parent upbringing but it certainly isn't fair to say you have a sketchy background if you were raised by just a mom or by a grandmother. Every situation and every person is unique...

We are definitely focusing on a "type" much more than we did in the past. Calhoun would take chances and was almost a father Flanagan. There were some amazing successes with that approach but there were also some not so good results with those kids he could never reach. Now that it's rolling this staff isn't really taking any chances on kids.

Reaction Score
Enjoy your senior year in high school and cant wait to see you next season Isaiah. Good luck Isaiah

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't call having a single parent a "sketchy background." But we are definitely recruiting family-first players with good character. Plenty of our players have non-nuclear families.

Whoa Nelly. That’s not what I said.

Reaction Score
Whoa Nelly. That’s not what I said.

"I'm seeing a pattern - good hard-working kids from stable two-parent housholds. Seems like it's at least a priority, maybe mandatory since our success trajectory. Staff would pass on a super talent with sketchy background."

Glad to know that's not what you meant, but I think you can reasonably understand that's how someone would interpret it, my man.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Rip Hamilton?!??
Yeah, not seeing that at all. Less offensively talented (so far) version of Caron Butler perhaps? I'm not sure we have a great comp here.

Reaction Score
1689364282410.gif

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Excellent ranking analysis 429. You sound light years closer to the inside action than many of us. I'm seeing a pattern - good hard-working kids from stable two-parent housholds. Seems like it's at least a priority, maybe mandatory since our success trajectory. Staff would pass on a super talent with sketchy background. Am I making stuff up?
If you are throwing out a theory that blossomed in your own head without any actual proof, yep, you are making stuff up.

Reaction Score
The odds are obviously way more in your favor with a stable/two parent upbringing but it certainly isn't fair to say you have a sketchy background if you were raised by just a mom or by a grandmother. Every situation and every person is unique...

We are definitely focusing on a "type" much more than we did in the past. Calhoun would take chances and was almost a father Flanagan. There were some amazing successes with that approach but there were also some not so good results with those kids he could never reach. Now that it's rolling this staff isn't really taking any chances on kids.
We are very “Duke” like now and starting to recruit some of the same players. Gotta get the top 5 star from Maine class ‘25

Reaction Score
Welcome Isaiah! There's a lot of comps going around right now, but any freak athlete is probably looking at Andre Jackson getting drafted after 3 years and signing an NBA contract. This coaching staff knows how to capitalize on players' biggest strengths and I'm excited to see what Hurley does with Abraham over the years

Sick Puppy

Reaction Score
If you are throwing out a theory that blossomed in your own head without any actual proof, yep, you are making stuff up.
It was a simple question, not a statement, to someone whom I thought might have more insider knowledge of the staff’s approach to recruiting than I do. So yeah, if I was “…throwing out a theory wthout any actual proof…” yes, I would be making stuff up. But that’s not what happened. It was a question. If you want to get down in the trenches with sarcasm, I can do that too. I prefer not to.

Reaction Score
Looks like an Ajax clone, welcome to Storrs. Our staff just keeps adding more and more talent will have a loaded roster in 24 even after losing Newton, Clingan and Castle most likely.

Sick Puppy

Reaction Score
"I'm seeing a pattern - good hard-working kids from stable two-parent housholds. Seems like it's at least a priority, maybe mandatory since our success trajectory. Staff would pass on a super talent with sketchy background."

Glad to know that's not what you meant, but I think you can reasonably understand that's how someone would interpret it, my man.
I can reasonably understand how people will interpret any way they want to interpret. By selectively quoting me and leaving out the last sentence, you’ve changed my question into a statement. The question could’ve been answered with, “I don’t know” or “Yes, that’s important to them” or “No, it’s not important to them” or “Coming from a strong family background is extremely important to them in their recruiting” or a variety of other answers.

I’m just another fan on the bus who is interested in our program.

Reaction Score
I can reasonably understand how people will interpret any way they want to interpret. By selectively quoting me and leaving out the last sentence, you’ve changed my question into a statement. The question could’ve been answered with, “I don’t know” or “Yes, that’s important to them” or “No, it’s not important to them” or “Coming from a strong family background is extremely important to them in their recruiting” or a variety of other answers.

I’m just another fan on the bus.
I don’t think 429 or SJ were the only ones that interpreted it that way, question included at the end or not.

Everything before seemed to be statements implying that 2 parent HH was the symbol of stability. Question had an underlying implication based of what 429 quoted there.

From what you said after, the post just was prob poorly worded/constructed.

Reaction Score

I’m just another fan on the bus who is interested in our program.
I wouldn't take it so seriously.

They're clearly prioritizing kids with stable backgrounds. Kids who haven't been in trouble on and or off the court. I would say there's no chance they're only prioritizing kids from 2 parent households but it just so happens kids from 2 parent households are far less likely to be problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom