2024 Recruiting: - Isaiah Abraham Commits to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Isaiah Abraham Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Looks like an Ajax clone, welcome to Storrs. Our staff just keeps adding more and more talent will have a loaded roster in 24 even after losing Newton, Clingan and Castle most likely.
and Karaban too most likely. He's already appearing on mock drafts

Reaction Score
I can reasonably understand how people will interpret any way they want to interpret. By selectively quoting me and leaving out the last sentence, you’ve changed my question into a statement. The question could’ve been answered with, “I don’t know” or “Yes, that’s important to them” or “No, it’s not important to them” or “Coming from a strong family background is extremely important to them in their recruiting” or a variety of other answers.

I’m just another fan on the bus who is interested in our program.

This isn't a good look for ya, man.

Reaction Score
It's not an exact science... pretty much all 4* players are similar. The difference between 25 and 100 is a single hot weekend in AAU sometimes (see: Akok).

Fit and mentality are what makes the biggest difference with 4* players, and that isn't going to be reflected i nthe ranking. It's why a Rahsool can look like a 2* player and Tyrese can have an NBA contract. The soft skills matter just as much as athleticism or ability to shoot in recruiting.

Abraham has the right mentality, is team first, and has always been a winner. Makes me think that #79 could look a lot more like #20 by the time he graduates.
And that is precisely what makes this staff so potent. They recruit which guys “fit” and they identify well in advance who they want.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't take it so seriously.

They're clearly prioritizing kids with stable backgrounds. Kids who haven't been in trouble on and or off the court. I would say there's no chance they're only prioritizing kids from 2 parent households but it just so happens kids from 2 parent households are far less likely to be problematic.
I think it’s a two way street. Going back to what Ray said several weeks ago, playing at UConn means prioritizing basketball and school. Not clubs, raves or whatever else might distract guys at this age. If you’re looking for excitement off the court, UConn isn’t the place. I think the staff simply knows that and prioritizes kids who can handle that. It’s not that different than Duke, which used to get many of the really smart kids that were good at basketball (Stanford too before the program declined) . Duke still gets those kids.

Reaction Score
Can’t say it enough great quotes about 1) How confident he is in Hurleys ability to develop him & 2) the great job Luke did building a relationship with him.

Luke can’t get enough praise for his ability to help us expand our recruiting range & bring us back to a national stage.

Our assistants are A1

Luke has been killing it the last two classes. Ross, Solo, now Abraham and possibly Ngongba. He's earning his $.

Someone needs to say this: HOW FREAKING DUMB do the people at Louisville look now??? Luke Murray has proven to be the final piece to the best coaching staff in the country, and those idiots dumped him... (turns out at just the right time for us!). Meanwhile Louisville Community College has become an absolute dumpster fire on the court ever since (yes, I realize they have been a dumpster fire off the court for a long time before this).

Ahhhhh, yes... thank you to the morons running the show at Louisville! Guess you guys didn't realize that the only good coach you had on your staff at that time was the one you didn't retain.

Oh, and we love having Bill Murray rooting for a real school too... just the cherry on top of this whole beautiful thing! :p:p:p

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Someone needs to say this: HOW FREAKING DUMB do the people at Louisville look now??? Luke Murray has proven to be the final piece to the best coaching staff in the country, and those idiots dumped him... (turns out at just the right time for us!). Meanwhile Louisville Community College has become an absolute dumpster fire on the court ever since (yes, I realize they have been a dumpster fire off the court for a long time before this).

Ahhhhh, yes... thank you to the morons running the show at Louisville! Guess you guys didn't realize that the only good coach you had on your staff at that time was the one you didn't retain.

Oh, and we love having Bill Murray rooting for a real school too... just the cherry on top of this whole beautiful thing! :p:p:p
I'd like this 25 times if I could

Reaction Score
Isaiah before the visit: “I like the overall feel I get from them. I’m excited to see the facilities and how the coaches and players interact with one another, the relationships they have over there. My relationship with Coach Hurley is not as strong as it is with Marquette yet, but I feel like I’m going to get to know him more on the visit and learn more about the program and about him.”

Isaiah after the visit: “I chose UConn because I love the program, I love the organization and obviously Coach Hurley. My relationship with Coach Hurley and Coach Murray is really good. The culture around the program, like they’re a family. I went there and visited and everything that they were saying, they value winning over everything.”

These guys are really good at their jobs.

The Danny and Luke show just refuses to end, and I could not enjoy it more. He kept losing Luke to schools that could offer more money and resources and then, inevitably, would hire him back at his next stop- 2010, then 2013, and then again in 2021.

Reaction Score
Isaiah before the visit: “I like the overall feel I get from them. I’m excited to see the facilities and how the coaches and players interact with one another, the relationships they have over there. My relationship with Coach Hurley is not as strong as it is with Marquette yet, but I feel like I’m going to get to know him more on the visit and learn more about the program and about him.”

Isaiah after the visit: “I chose UConn because I love the program, I love the organization and obviously Coach Hurley. My relationship with Coach Hurley and Coach Murray is really good. The culture around the program, like they’re a family. I went there and visited and everything that they were saying, they value winning over everything.”

The Danny and Luke show just refuses to end, and I could not enjoy it more. He kept losing Luke to schools that could offer more money and resources and then, inevitably, would hire him back at his next stop- 2010, then 2013, and then again in 2021.
Fortunately/unfortunately, the next time we lose him it will be for him to go run his own show

Reaction Score

Want to keep Luke for several more years if possible. These young players seem to relate well to him.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Awesome baby

Is it me, or does anyone else think he looks like AJ? Throw in "junkyard dog", and baddabing you have a match

Welcome to the Yard Isaiah, home of the Arrogant & Spoiled

Reaction Score

Good job on the back to back quotes. This coaching staff will turn your mind right quick.

"You can and you will...You can...and you will"

Attachments

• images.jpeg-1.jpg
    images.jpeg-1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 47
Reaction Score
The odds are obviously way more in your favor with a stable/two parent upbringing but it certainly isn't fair to say you have a sketchy background if you were raised by just a mom or by a grandmother. Every situation and every person is unique...

We are definitely focusing on a "type" much more than we did in the past. Calhoun would take chances and was almost a father Flanagan. There were some amazing successes with that approach but there were also some not so good results with those kids he could never reach. Now that it's rolling this staff isn't really taking any chances on kids.
Yeah. I think it’s more about the player’s personality than anything else. It may just be the guys we look for are often found to be raised a certain way. Lebron shows how you can have that make up in a single parent family.

Nickiiiv

NICKIIIV
Reaction Score
Let's freaking go!!! When I stroll into Lexington in a few weeks with my UConn swag on, I can hold my head even higher!!!!
LOVE THIS ENERGY!!

UCONN is one of the few teams that hold a winning record head to head vs UK. Growing up in lexington was fun as a Uconn fan.

I even left a UCONN shirt on Cal’s privacy fence after the 14 championship.

Reaction Score
He looks just like andre Jackson. We are just reloading at this point and I love it. This is very good and getting better.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Driving home from vacation and saw this thread...
sexy oh yeah GIF by Originals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak