If you are looking for the reason they lost | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you are looking for the reason they lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The offensive line was dominated from the first play to the last. It could not be any simpler but the Boneyard coaching genuises think you can call plays around that. Because when you don't have time you want longer more complicated plays that take longer to develop.

Reaction Score
I will gladly accept free season tickets for next year to anyone who is ready to give up on this team.

Season tickets might as well be free next year anyway. Who is excited about the product on the field?

Reaction Score
To win today as we are constructed we needed to stop their running game and weren't able to do so. Our lineman weren't able to get off the blockers and make tackles. All game we struggled to bring runners down. The final offense possession with all our motion nonsense, and tight end heavy lineup was an effort in futility. Mark May nailed it, clock management and 2 minute offense are on the coaches to improve on in the offseason.

Reaction Score
The offensive line was dominated from the first play to the last. It could not be any simpler but the Boneyard coaching genuises think you can call plays around that. Because when you don't have time you want longer more complicated plays that take longer to develop.

They were dominated because of predictability. Mix it up and open the game up and they would be fine.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Still hoping we can plug a few holes in our OL with 5th Yr transfers.

Reaction Score
The biggest problem is he and the staff recruits very little FBS talent to UConn.

When he has talent he can coach at this level.ala Cincinatti, ala Notre Dame, as well as his other coaches. He didn't hire coaches who were failures in other programs.

And we are happy about this experienced group of line men, all who have played 13 games together, some more, lead us into 2016?

Marshall didn't have more talent than us. But you keep thinking Butch, that's what you're good at.

Reaction Score
To win today as we are constructed we needed to stop their running game and weren't able to do so. Our lineman weren't able to get off the blockers and make tackles. All game we struggled to bring runners down. The final offense possession with all our motion nonsense, and tight end heavy lineup was an effort in futility. Mark May nailed it, clock management and 2 minute offense are on the coaches to improve on in the offseason.
So it had nothing to do with the fact our offense was playing 9 against 11.

BTW, Mark May is an idiot.

The 2-minute offense wasn't the problem. It was the 58-minute offense.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
They were dominated because of predictability. Mix it up and open the game up and they would be fine.

I don t know about that. Your concept is right, but what you described doesn't work with an OL that is just this physically outmatched. They get blown off the line constantly, and play straight up with no leverage.

Reaction Score
I don t know about that. Your concept is right, but what you described doesn't work with an OL that is just this physically outmatched. They get blown off the line constantly, and play straight up with no leverage.

They weren't the problem. How they are used is the problem. They play 5 against 7 or 8 on every play.

Reaction Score
You guys are all wrong. The reason they lost is because I DVRd the game. They always lose when I do that. My bad

Pro Tip: Just delete it, burn the TV, buy a new one and move on. Watching that again is a torture I wish on no man.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
They weren't the problem. How they are used is the problem. They play 5 against 7 or 8 on every play.

Chicken or egg though.

My opinion is that we can't pass because these players suck at it right now. We don have the skill set to open it up. Yours is that the coaches can fix that with playcalling. We'll just have to disagree.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Here is a crazy thought: maybe some of the players aren't as good as they have been talked up to be and that's why Marshall's offensive line, defensive line and offensive skill players played better than UConn's?

Reaction Score
It's hysterically funny that you are sticking up for a group that has been the weak link for this team all season...especially after they put up another stinker! You must think George DeLeone is the hands down best OL coach ever to set foot on a college campus.

Reaction Score
The last drive we had 6 guys blocking 5 and there was immediate pressure. What the hell are some of you guys watching?

We also don't have WR's that can get separation. I keep hearing we have talent on offense. Where? Other than Newsome?
They blitzed. Watch the plays again.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I am having a hard time judging the talent of Marshall's offensive line, none ran a pattern out in the flat or across the middle. They stayed in and blocked.

Reaction Score
It's hysterically funny that you are sticking up for a group that has been the weak link for this team all season...especially after they put up another stinker! You must think George DeLeone is the hands down best OL coach ever to set foot on a college campus.
They are made the weaker by the coaching. If you have a weak OL, you compensate. Rich Rodreqiuz invented the spread when he had an OL that was was weak. It become one of the most successful offense schemes of its time.

Diaco is not RichRod, but at the very least, he needs to stop playing to his weaknesses.

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
They blitzed. Watch the plays again.

Not every play. They sat back and rushed three when we threw the two yard out pattern and stayed in bounds. Next play on third down, when BS escaped heavy pressure, it wasn't a blitz - it was just a guy coming up the middle totally unblocked. Just a blown assignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom