If you are looking for the reason they lost | The Boneyard

If you are looking for the reason they lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
God that was an inept showing.

How can they be in game 13 and still have to burn timeouts to get plays in on time. I just can't fathom how this is still happening.

Reaction Score
It may be time for Diaco to replace Mike Cummings and let Verducci coach the line. The biggest issue facing the one is this: Between Edsall's last recruiting class and Pasqualoni's 2..there have been zero impact lineman to come into the program. That fact is extremely evident right now with how bad this group is. I'll say this..I'm not gonna miss Samra one bit next year.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I think its somewhere between Whaler's and Palatine's views; the O line was inconsistent at best, but the scheme was anemic. Shireffs is capable of throwing a decent pass. No plays to the wide receivers? WTF! Easy to stack the box when there's virtually no vertical passing.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's the O-line and the play calling. Grand scheme - yes, happy we went bowling when it wasn't expected. But the offense is putrid and Diaco needs to figure out if Verducci is the answer. If not, for God sakes it's ok to go outside of your inner circle to get this fixed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't agree.

No offensive line can get a running game going against eight sometimes nine in the box.

The problem is the offensive scheme,

Of course you don't because you believe the players are all the same - and somehow you can do creative things on offense when there is a jailbreak everytime you snap the ball.

The last drive they rushed five and there was instant pressure on BS as soon as he caught the snap.

Reaction Score
The offensive line is somehow worse than it was against Villanova.

Until it's fixed there this is the ceiling.

I was screaming about the soft coverage all game but it really does boil down to this.

Reaction Score
Of course you don't because you believe the players are all the same - and somehow you can do creative things on offense when there is a jailbreak everytime you snap the ball.

The last drive they rushed five and there was instant pressure on BS as soon as he caught the snap.
No I don't. That ins't what I believe. And there is NOT a jail break every time we snap the ball. I don't know what you are watching but it isn't reality.

Reaction Score
No, you're crazy. There are worse OL ines out there who thrive in short passing systems.
Ok Pal...now I know you are a 100% Pasqualoni and DeLeone lover.....after seeing that post you just wrote there is no way you can actually profess to know absolutely 1 thing about football....Thanks for showing your ignorance

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No, you're crazy. There are worse OL ines out there who thrive in short passing systems.

Bahahahaha.

There aren't worse offensive lines - forget thriving at anything.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
No I don't. That ins't what I believe. And there is NOT a jail break every time we snap the ball. I don't know what you are watching but it isn't reality.
If you saw competent line play today you are out of your mind even more so than usual.

Reaction Score
Diaco can't coach and manage an offensive game. That's the problem.

The biggest problem is he and the staff recruits very little FBS talent to UConn.

When he has talent he can coach at this level......ala Cincinatti, ala Notre Dame, as well as his other coaches. He didn't hire coaches who were failures in other programs.

And we are happy about this experienced group of line men, all who have played 13 games together, some more, lead us into 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom