Hurley's Contract | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley's Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It
My friend at work is telling me UK fans are trying to lure Hurley to Lexington because Gampel was empty when the team returned home yesterday. Students must be home for spring break or it was an unannounced event.

We can all attest the this team not lacking fan support. UK is desperate. Kind of pathetic actually.
Was announced like 12 hours before the event and the die hards were still flying back from Phoenix with multiple connecting flights to get home.

Reaction Score
I'm calling BS on this tweet, but if its true...

thats total BS!!! Now we are going to pay Basketball Coaches more than the highest paid football coaches! UK fans are quite possibly the dumbest or maybe just the most gullible idiots and belive anything someone there posts.

I soooo hope Scott Drew drags this on then tells them FOOK NO!!! They will end up hiring/settling for another huge CHEAT in Sean Miller.

Reaction Score
You guys are funny. I was just saying he's not going to Kentucky. When Duke opens up in 2 years cause there coach fails, i'll be nervous.

When Scheyer fails at Duke it just makes UConn an even better job.

Reaction Score
There is going to be a lot going on this month..the big east tv deal .. our football tv deal ..who’s staying..who’s leaving.. what transfers are we bringing in.. but Hurley is staying .. he loves it here, always talks about our history and how special UConn is

Reaction Score
Looks like Kentucky is focused on Drew for now.
Believe he has the least expensive buyout so that makes sense. Didn’t they just get a new arena or training center? Tough to leave that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Dan made around $1.8m with this title run.

Got bonuses for BE regular season, BET, Coach of the Year, S16, E8, FF and Championship.

Bump his base to about $7M and bump these bonuses to $10M and it's good to go. Have a crappy season and win nothing? Get $7M. Win it all for a third time and you get $10M.

I don't think Hurley is trying to squeeze every penny out of UConn. He should be paid for what's he done for UConn and all the additional revenue he's brought to the university.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
I don't know where this nugget might fit, but it sure was fun to read. From today's WSJ:

"The intensity is something that Hurley has dialed up since his early days in Storrs, Conn. After his second day of practice, he was overcome with buyer's remorse and marched into Calhoun's office to complain about the state of the program he had inherited. Instead, Calhoun said, "I kind of read him the riot act."

As Hurley remembers it, “He ripped my ass." The message was clear: the Huskies might resemble a small dumpster fire, but there'd be no fixing it if Hurley didn't bring some fire of his own."

Reaction Score

Got bonuses for BE regular season, BET, Coach of the Year, S16, E8, FF and Championship.

Bump his base to about $7M and bump these bonuses to $10M and it's good to go. Have a crappy season and win nothing? Get $7M. Win it all for a third time and you get $10M.

I don't think Hurley is trying to squeeze every penny out of UConn. He should be paid for what's he done for UConn and all the additional revenue he's brought to the university.
Cal's new contract @ Arkansas:

Reaction Score
I’ll take things that never happened for $1,000, Alex.
7bee3cdf98523e2799bd42619bcd4502.jpg

Reaction Score

That plus additional resources for staff and players is probably what will happen.

Reaction Score
Just my opinion. When Dan was hired here he mentioned those two schools, Jay Bilas has told stories about Dan visiting his brother at Duke and how Dan wanted to go there, Dan seems to have a close relationship with Coach K and respects his opinion. Plus most siblings are usually competitive with each other (no matter how old you are).
And then you just extrapolated to something that is not in evidence at all.

Reaction Score
I still believe a promise/commitment of a decent/significant bump in NIL money will be as important if not more so than the actual dollar amount in Hurley's raise.
As far the NBA goes, I think the Knicks and Nets would be the only teams to really interest him. I think he and Andrea want to stay close to their roots.

Reaction Score
I still believe a promise/commitment of a decent/significant bump in NIL money will be as important if not more so than the actual dollar amount in Hurley's raise.
As far the NBA goes, I think the Knicks and Nets would be the only teams to really interest him. I think he and Andrea want to stay close to their roots.
The school doesn't really have much to do with that, though. I'm sure he can have conversations with boosters. I really don't see funds being an issue right now. Hurley has indicated our NIL is in a good place

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley is the best coach in America right now and needs to be compensated like it. Dave Benedict is excellent and I'm sure he's already thinking about a reworked deal, but Hurley's salary needs to double ASAP. I'm sure Gov. Lamont and others can help get whatever funding necessary to help make it happen. Letting Kentucky (or anybody) potentially lure him away in his prime would be a Hartford Whalers leaving-type of bad. And yes, I know he and Andrea leaving the northeast might be a longshot, but it doesn't matter, he's earned a substantial raise. Get it done ASAP.
Good call Andrea.

Reaction Score
Francesa podcast about 8 minutes into it on the Uconn win discusses it. He has zero inside info but he thinks there is not shot it happens based on Hurley and the Hurley family. Doesn't think it is a good fit for Dan.

Resources to win? Dan already has them, can already get players that he wants.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
There is a private flight from Waco to Lexington today and the media is waiting for it to land assuming it is Scott Drew.

Reaction Score
Money motivates everyone. But I think Dan's desire to continue greatness trumps everything.

Kentucky will offer more $. Uconn will meet them halfway, and it is a wrap imo. Loyalty is important to Dan. He isn't leaving for more $. But uconn needs to pay Dan, and they will.

Reaction Score
I don't know where this nugget might fit, but it sure was fun to read. From today's WSJ:

"The intensity is something that Hurley has dialed up since his early days in Storrs, Conn. After his second day of practice, he was overcome with buyer's remorse and marched into Calhoun's office to complain about the state of the program he had inherited. Instead, Calhoun said, "I kind of read him the riot act."

As Hurley remembers it, “He ripped my ass." The message was clear: the Huskies might resemble a small dumpster fire, but there'd be no fixing it if Hurley didn't bring some fire of his own."

He talked about this on last years PMT right after we won. Great podcast - go listen (it’s also where the snippet of him talking about the NBA above came from).

Edit: here it is-

Reaction Score
He talked about this on last years PMT right after we won. Great podcast - go listen (it’s also where the snippet of him talking about the NBA above came from).
He's also walked back NBA comments since then

Reaction Score
It's the same reason Calhoun is not an NBA fit. Millionaire players in the NBA don't want to hear from barkers, tough love. Hurley's style is an atrocious fit for the NBA.

Defense? They don't play that in the NBA regular season.

Reaction Score
My friend at work is telling me UK fans are trying to lure Hurley to Lexington because Gampel was empty when the team returned home yesterday. Students must be home for spring break or it was an unannounced event.

We can all attest the this team not lacking fan support. UK is desperate. Kind of pathetic actually.
Attendance was limited by the university. Only students got in and were limited to certain sections. Probably done to avoid the nonsense that occurred after last year's celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom