Hurley's Contract | The Boneyard

Hurley's Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dan Hurley is the best coach in America right now and needs to be compensated like it. Dave Benedict is excellent and I'm sure he's already thinking about a reworked deal, but Hurley's salary needs to double ASAP. I'm sure Gov. Lamont and others can help get whatever funding necessary to help make it happen. Letting Kentucky (or anybody) potentially lure him away in his prime would be a Hartford Whalers leaving-type of bad. And yes, I know he and Andrea leaving the northeast might be a longshot, but it doesn't matter, he's earned a substantial raise. Get it done ASAP.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley is the best coach in America right now and needs to be compensated like it. Dave Benedict is excellent and I'm sure he's already thinking about a reworked deal, but Hurley's salary needs to double ASAP. I'm sure Gov. Lamont and others can help get whatever funding necessary to help make it happen. Letting Kentucky (or anybody) potentially lure him away in his prime would be a Hartford Whalers leaving-type of bad. And yes, I know he and Andrea leaving the northeast might be a longshot, but it doesn't matter, he's earned a substantial raise. Get it done ASAP.
Substantial raise and double his salary are quite different and AD DB already mentioned something along the lines of revisiting contract.

Reaction Score
Why would he do that? Even if he wants to stay here, it's only going to help his negotiating position.

Exactly. Even if Dan is staying which we're all quite confident in, his agent would at least take the call to get a market price for negotiation purposes. It's good business.

On the Pat McAfee interview today, Dan even said his agent probably doesn't want him responding at all because he loses leverage.

Reaction Score
Why would he do that? Even if he wants to stay here, it's only going to help his negotiating position.
Probably because he has zero interest in leaving and knows UConn has always treated him right. He doesn't need to get every last dollar out of UConn because they will continue to do right by him.

Reaction Score
Dan said in an interview yesterday his agent told him to zip the lips.

Makes sense from a leverage standpoint. Dan will get paid by Uconn.

Win a ring, and you are a legend in stores for for 10+ years. Win 2 rings you are immortal forever.

Reaction Score

He basically said it publicly. Now his agent wants him to zip it because the speculation helps him get more from UConn.
However, I’m pretty sure they are not telling UK they are open to offers and want to negotiate. It’s more likely his agent is looking to put a huge extension together with UConn really fast, while UK rumors and maybe even some yet to be heard NBA rumors swirl.

Reaction Score
Sure

Doubling his contract would be close to the highest paid college football coach…
There is ZERO chance that happens, and if Kentucky did offer that or more…….it won’t be matched.
Or close to matched.

Reaction Score
Should be considered …….at the contract dollars being thrown around, if by YEAR TWO Kentucky isn’t at least in the final four, Kentucky administration , alums, donors and LUNATIC fans would be looking to throw which ever coach they signed off a friggen mountain

You are not building anything there at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom