Hurley Costs Us Another Game. Will the reporters ask some tough questions? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Hurley Costs Us Another Game. Will the reporters ask some tough questions?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This post narrowly beats out Chief claiming he's rewritten COVID protocols for the state of Connecticut for post of the weekend.

I can't believe a Power 5 AD hasn't cold-called you with a head coaching offer with that resume.
Uh, did that actually happen? I must have missed it.

Reaction Score
Ball was clearly off UConn. Dan, shut up and coach. Your offense (I use the term loosely) is awful. This is NCAA Division I, not the Rucker summer league. How about some designed plays, not..................... let's see who can go one-on-one, play matador defense, and shoot bricks for free throws? It's not only bad, it's ugly. This might be my final men's hoops posting, as I can't stand watching any more lousy basketball.

BTW.............................I know a wee bit about basketball, having played for Digger Phelps.

And I do love UConn hockey.
How was it that you were in the Vietnam war and also played for Digger Phelps? His coaching career started 1970 and the war ended 1973. Kind of seems like you’d either be in Vietnam or in the states playing BB?

Reaction Score
How was it that you were in the Vietnam war and also played for Digger Phelps? His coaching career started 1970 and the war ended 1973. Kind of seems like you’d either be in Vietnam or in the states playing BB?
Digger first year coaching in college was the Penn Frosh in 1966-1967. I was a member of that team. I left Penn in 1969, enlisted in the US Army, went through OCS and served as a lieutenant in Vietnam in '70-71.

Reaction Score
? They don’t even play the same positions
Agreed but there is nothing wrong with having two PGs on the floor and one playing off guard.

I understood if one is a PowerForward/Center than we could not do that of course

Reaction Score
Hurley's ability to recruit and train the players is great. His game day coaching is limited. Give me perno for game day coaching. he couldn't recruit against Carnisecca, Thompson, etc.

Reaction Score
Agreed but there is nothing wrong with having two PGs on the floor and one playing off guard.

I understood if one is a PowerForward/Center than we could not do that of course
But against a Seton Hall team that plays
6’2”
6’6”
6’6”
6’10”
7’2”
No.

Reaction Score
"They said it was a bench, that our bench was too boisterous.....That's a tough one, obviously, that is my first technical of the season because the one at Creighton...they can put that on the books like I got one but that wasn't a technical."

Reaction Score
I understand the issue some have with DH not calling a TO during Seton Hall's early run but I am sure he was waiting for the under 16 TO and coaches (been there) hate to burn one so early in the game. Time outs are like gold at the end of close games, I always wanted at least two in my pocket for the last minute.
He rarely has to be concerned about that especially in the first half. And this assumes timeouts have some value which half of the posters here seem to be arguing against. Not getting down 15-20 points early is exactly what timeouts are for. And that Technical Foul was a selfish bit of poor judgement. More coaching and less theatrics.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
To me - Hurley was playing Adams because of his defense or until Gaffney played with some passion and aggression. This finally happened against SH. I really hope the light just went on for that kid because if it did we're going to be DANGEROUS when Bouknight comes back. A small ball lineup of cole, gaff, bouk, martin and Sanogo/Whaley sounds fun .

Reaction Score
Chris Beard lost a game for Texas Tech tonight. He lost it. Nothing to be gained from a technical with 23.5 seconds left in the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom